PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: July 15-18

Where: Sandwich, Kent, England (5 hours ahead of eastern time)

Course: Royal St. George’s GC | A par 70 links-style course, plating at 7337 yards.

Last Year’s Winner: Shane Lowry at -16 (2019)

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Cut Rule: Top 70 plus ties.

Coverage: 1:30am to 4am EST on Peacock | Golf Channel – Thur / Fri at 4:00am EST to 3:00pm EST | NBC – Sat / Sun at 7am EST to 3pm EST | DirecTV channels 901-905

There is no shot-tracker on PGAtour.com this week. | www.theopen.com will possibly have one, as well as the ability to stream coverage.

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• manoffewwords

As always,love the Mayo listener contest. Rake free,3max,$75k contest with balanced payout. Less than 10% to first and 2x minimum payout. Not for lottery players looking for big payout,but I am ok with $5k for first. Over 50% filled at present

• BrianVT

Two more Euros to add to your model: Frittelli and Horsfield

• timusbr

@SpudCrowley said...

They’re idiots for testing positive for COVID?

there idiots for not getting a vaccine months ago. its readily availabe, has been for months. The fact they saw a guy forced to WD with a 6 stroke lead and lost over a million dollars (Rahm), tells me they cannot learn from mistakes of others. Matsuyama cost me a bunch of money, I dont blame covid, or rules about covid, I blame Nasty Yams. I keep this going because we will certainly see other idiots and we have no ability to realize who is a WD risk or who is not. Unless you can provide me with credible info that say’s extenuating circumstances or this whole covid thing is bullshit…..Yes they are idiots for testing positive ( In my less than Humble opinion). This isnt March of 2020, its July of 2021.

• timusbr

wow 10 additions to the field after salaries released. must be a record for any event. certainly a record for a major.

Martin Kaymer – $7,100
    Sam Horsfield – $7,000
    Andy Sullivan – $6,900
    Brendan Steele – $6,800
    Harold Varner III – $6,700
    John Catlin – $6,600
    Dylan Frittelli – $6,500
    Antoine Rozner – $6,400
    Troy Merritt – $6,300
    Connor Worsdall – $6,000

• klyon28

Anyone know why I can’t enter the Happy Meal? Every time I try to submit my roster it says “Unknown error. Something went wrong try again”

• Wander_Bread

@timusbr said...

there idiots for not getting a vaccine months ago. its readily availabe, has been for months. The fact they saw a guy forced to WD with a 6 stroke lead and lost over a million dollars (Rahm), tells me they cannot learn from mistakes of others. Unless you can provide me with credible info that say’s extenuating circumstances or this whole covid thing is bullshit…..Yes they are idiots for testing positive. This isnt March of 2020, its July of 2021.

Tim – there are a ton of people out there still testing postiive even after being fully vaccinated all across the sports landscape. I wouldn’t assume they are not vaccinated.

• lfn1992

Sam Horsfield is a lucky bastard and I have to at least think about rostering him now

• Supersharpie

@Wander_Bread said...

Tim – there are a ton of people out there still testing postiive even after being fully vaccinated all across the sports landscape. I wouldn’t assume they are not vaccinated.

Those who are vaccinated are not subject to testing. Therefore it is safe to assume that everyone the PGA is testing is not fully vaccinated.

• SpudCrowley

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@timusbr said...

there idiots for not getting a vaccine months ago. its readily availabe, has been for months. The fact they saw a guy forced to WD with a 6 stroke lead and lost over a million dollars (Rahm), tells me they cannot learn from mistakes of others. Unless you can provide me with credible info that say’s extenuating circumstances or this whole covid thing is bullshit…..Yes they are idiots for testing positive. This isnt March of 2020, its July of 2021.

You are making the assumption they aren’t vaccinated. And whether they are or not, there have been plenty of examples of those who have gotten the vaccine testing positive later.

The Open will make a vaccinated golfer WD due to contact tracing as well. Makes you wonder why they are having 38,000 fans in attendance if that was the case.

• timusbr

@Wander_Bread said...

I would expect that this could be true. but we dont see any results from the medical community. All I have seen is unfiltered political BS. I am by far not an expert, but what I have followed up on is that in the sports community, people who have been positive have not been vaccinated or the vaccination was too recent to prevent the positive. Please educate me if I am wrong.

• bigez952

@Supersharpie said...

Those who are vaccinated are not subject to testing. Therefore it is safe to assume that everyone the PGA is testing is not fully vaccinated.

Those are PGA rules and doesn’t apply to UK travel which does require testing even if your vaccinated. Bubba Watson said he has had the vaccine plus passed the required Covid Test but still was not allowed to go due ot close contact. This week is totally different for Covid as the UK has way more strict rules than the PGA and United States.

• byo34

Great, now I have to rethink everything with Andy Sullivan in the field!

I feel like there is always a Brit or 2 in the top 10 every Open. Tempted to force one in my lineup just because it feels wrong to be without one.

• lfn1992

IDK about Zach Johnson and if he did or didn’t vaccinate, but I do know that:

• sometimes, vaccinated people still test positive
    • if ZJ tested positive and he was on the plane, even if he was vaccinated (and the passengers were vaccinated) ALL the passengers irrespective of vax status would be in COVID protocols

This is why it is so important whether he was on the plane or not. And the silence is deafening as to whether he was or not.

• timusbr

@Supersharpie said...

I thought this was true also…..thanks

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I might take the over at +1.5 people who have to withdraw before finishing day 2…

How this is being handled is madness (specifically the allowing fans part if they want to be this strict).

• bigez952

@SpudCrowley said...

The Open will make a vaccinated golfer WD due to contact tracing as well. Makes you wonder why they are having 38,000 fans in attendance if that was the case.

This was the exact point Rickie Fowler made when complaining about the restrictions on the players.. It is pretty dumb how tight the restrictions are for the players only to allow fans in at the same time.

• BlueEdwards

Burns and Berger mega chalk. Also spieth and Xander.

• bigez952

@timusbr said...

I thought this was true also…..thanks

This isn’t true as the PGA has absolutely nothing to do with UK travel or the R & A’s tournament so their testing rules really don’t add much to the conversation. The fact is vaccinated players have to be tested this week in order to play per multiple PGA players saying that. This week is way more strict on Covid then any PGA tour stop in the US.

• SpudCrowley

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@timusbr said...

I would expect that this could be true. but we dont see any results from the medical community. All I have seen is unfiltered political BS. I am by far not an expert, but what I have followed up on is that in the sports community, people who have been positive have not been vaccinated or the vaccination was too recent to prevent the positive. Please educate me if I am wrong.

There were nine vaccinated Yankees (players and coaches) who tested positive in May. Chris Paul tested positive and had to miss the first couple of games in the Western Conference Finals a couple of weeks ago.
    I’m sure there are other examples.

• ifthethunder

@SpudCrowley said...

The U.K. has a problem with a new variant so The Open had to adjust its protocols.

“The update comes as the U.K. reported 35,204 new cases of the highly contagious Delta variant of the COVID-19 virus over the last week. The Delta variant accounts for 95 percent of all COVID cases across the U.K., according to Public Health England.”

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/open-championship-2021-players-facing-strict-covid-protocols-for-royal-st-georeges-randa
    ~

• monarch

Am I missing something with 6400 Chris Kirk?

• lfn1992

I have to say I don’t love The Open’s protocols, and I think it’s insane that they’re letting fans attend if the players are basically sequestered. However, it’s The Open, it’s a major, and the PGA and the pro golfers knew the rules going in. Especially on the plane leaving the John Deere, they should have been testing everyone up and down, vaccinated or no, and made sure that entire plane was clean. Otherwise it’s simply an embarrassment for the PGA.

• BrianVT

@ifthethunder said...

The Delta variant accounts for 95 percent of all COVID cases across the U.K

It’s also the dominant variant in the US, but not sure what %.

• BrianVT

@lfn1992 said...

I have to say I don’t love The Open’s protocols, and I think it’s insane that they’re letting fans attend if the players are basically sequestered. However, it’s The Open, it’s a major, and the PGA and the pro golfers knew the rules going in. Especially on the plane leaving the John Deere, they should have been testing everyone up and down, vaccinated or no, and made sure that entire plane was clean. Otherwise it’s simply an embarrassment for the PGA.

What’s the issue? ZJ probably had to get tested before leaving, meaning he could be vaccinated, finish last week’s tournament because he never needed to get tested on PGA Tour, then properly test before leaving and come back positive. There’s nothing that stops you from breathing the virus into your nose, mouth, whatever. You just don’t get sick. Are you saying you know that ZJ was on a plane there?

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@lfn1992 said...

Not sure if you saw this yet but it was BEFORE. Still rather unfortunate. I was gonna have plenty of ZJ.

Might have to stick with guys that didn’t play last week anyway… ok probably not that far but it will factor in at some point.

Edit: Forgot the link https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31806183/2015-champion-zach-johnson-tests-positive-covid-19-open

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).