PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: July 15-18

Where: Sandwich, Kent, England (5 hours ahead of eastern time)

Course: Royal St. George’s GC | A par 70 links-style course, plating at 7337 yards.

Last Year’s Winner: Shane Lowry at -16 (2019)

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Cut Rule: Top 70 plus ties.

Coverage: 1:30am to 4am EST on Peacock | Golf Channel – Thur / Fri at 4:00am EST to 3:00pm EST | NBC – Sat / Sun at 7am EST to 3pm EST | DirecTV channels 901-905

There is no shot-tracker on PGAtour.com this week. | www.theopen.com will possibly have one, as well as the ability to stream coverage.

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Steverino01

@deepfat said...

Bryson is such a high degree weirdo that it makes it impossible to like him. A 5-degree driver? No matter how much engineering someone puts into it a 5-degree driver leaves no room for error. Especially for a guy that swings as hard as he does. When I was in the Navy we had a saying called “nuking it” referring to overthinking things to the detriment of the task at hand. Bryson is the king of “nuking it”.

First the Brooksie thing, then all of a sudden his caddy quits right before the tourney starts, now he’s in a fight with Cobra.

• whodat2

@Lockette said...

r

*are

• jsw3ent

@whodat2 said...

He never implied they were not worthy of society. You put those words to his post. You have been spreading your agenda here for quite awhile. How about let’s stick to golf? And if someone happens to post something that might trigger you, maybe take the high road instead of fueling, or adding to an instigation.

How would you interpret what he said ? Spreading my agenda ? The ONLY ONLY ONLY TIME I post about COVID is in RESPONSE to a comment someone made. As for you telling me when and how to post—-I think I will decide that——after all —not everyone can be beyond reproach like you are

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

@whodat2 said...

He never implied they were not worthy of society. You put those words to his post. You have been spreading your agenda here for quite awhile. How about let’s stick to golf? And if someone happens to post something that might trigger you, maybe take the high road instead of fueling, or adding to an instigation.

For the record…..you are ok with the post that started this though??? When it was mentioned that it was “bat shit crazy” that Reed would hit a shot with (gasp) potentially unvaccinated people around him AND this forum was supposed to assume that post was talking about the PGA golf protocols (even though it likely wasn’t)?

• whodat2

@Lockette said...

This kind of gate keeping in the name of leftist politics

Hmmmm, and I lean to the right….. go figure.

• Wander_Bread

@Lockette said...

I have been a silent follower of this forum for some time (honestly don’t know why tho but it’s not important) & I am here to defend Jewsent! U claim “nobody said anything & u r putting words to his post” well literally on the last page (30) a guy said “he was fine with ppl like Jewsent being thrown into camps if it means he can’t talk about golf only”

So once again like the rest of MSM if u r pro “covid vax” or pro “changing ur gender” it’s ok to exclaim it to the world but if u r against it u r “promoting agenda” ? Where do u get off talking down to Jewsent like this & why is ok for the other guy to want to throw unvaccinated ppl into camps? That is a very serious claim to make & u completely over looked..! Care to respond to my claim? Or r u the gatekeeper of which political narratives r allowed to b “spun” here? This kind of gate keeping in the name of leftist politics is not ok & I want Jewsent to know there r ppl like me out here that fully support everything I have ever seen him post on this forum..!

Joined today. Hi Jewsent

• benstnick

Likely not a “silent follower“lol. Probably just another account from the dude. Trying to defend his own misinformed perspective. Anyone who comes onto a rotogrinders forum to spout stuff like this is a tin foil hat type of person. 99% sure all of these weirdos have vaccines of some sort.

• whodat2

@jlowery73 said...

For the record…..you are ok with the post that started this though??? When it was mentioned that it was “bat shit crazy” that Reed would hit a shot with (gasp) potentially unvaccinated people around him AND this forum was supposed to assume that post was talking about the PGA golf protocols (even though it likely wasn’t)?

Was I ok with it? Sure. Did I agree with it. No. But was he attacking anyone in this forum? NO But then the attack came on him.

• jsw3ent

@Lockette said...

I have been a silent follower of this forum for some time (honestly don’t know why tho but it’s not important) & I am here to defend Jewsent! U claim “nobody said anything & u r putting words to his post” well literally on the last page (30) a guy said “he was fine with ppl like Jewsent being thrown into camps if it means he can’t talk about golf only”

So once again like the rest of MSM if u r pro “covid vax” or pro “changing ur gender” it’s ok to exclaim it to the world but if u r against it u r “promoting agenda” ? Where do u get off talking down to Jewsent like this & why is ok for the other guy to want to throw unvaccinated ppl into camps? That is a very serious claim to make & u completely over looked..! Care to respond to my claim? Or r u the gatekeeper of which political narratives r allowed to b “spun” here? This kind of gate keeping in the name of leftist politics is not ok & I want Jewsent to know there r ppl like me out here that fully support everything I have ever seen him post on this forum..!

THANKS—-for STANDING UP

• jsw3ent

@jlowery73 said...

THANKS

• Gtzerphy

@Lockette said...

Could you please go back to being a silent follower?

• pheffernan7

@jsw3ent said...

THANKS

I thought we sent you to the camp hours ago…

• jsw3ent

@Wander_Bread said...

Joined today. Hi Jewsent

You are the E F Hutton of this board——-people wait with great anticipation of your next post

• timusbr

@deepfat said...

Bryson is the king of “nuking it”.

Ive said a bunch of times since the guys steroid days began. (isnt it a given with the way he’s beefed up…His demeanor at times…not thats its been aggressive in nature but its off).

a person who generally tinkers, changes things and sometimes its not for the better. Bryson is a talent. He has been amazing at times. and I agree he is the king at “nuking it”. I wish I could have a rational for Rory, Dustin and others.

• ifthethunder

@Lockette said...

This kind of gate keeping in the name of leftist politics is not ok & I want Jewsent to know there r ppl like me out here that fully support everything I have ever seen him post on this forum..!

Go make another thread to post it on then. The only thing I ever see jsw do on here is push his agenda. Could just tune into Hannity or some other GOP medical expert if I wanted to see or hear it. Hint: I don’t. Most of us here don’t.
    ~

• benstnick

TIL: Common Sense is now referred to as “leftist politics”.

• Lockette

Whodat u must b an absolute boomer… slang writing on the internet is called “quickhand” … do u not remember when cellphones became a thing & we had to use T9… that’s what I grew up on… I’m fully aware how to spell properly… I assume u r trolling me & should b embarrassed, as if u think everyone who writes in slang is unable to speak correctly… like ffs cmon man!

In any case as I pointed out, a person in page 30 explicitly said “they r ok with ppl unvaccinated ppl being thrown into camps” … I take that kind of talk as a serious threat & no one seems to b bothered by that statement except Jewsent..! R u guys for real with this line of thinking? U will finger wag Jewsent but not someone who basically made an ideological threat.??

Care to respond or more trolling about improper grammar on the internet.??

• TheRyanFlaherty

Having Oost in literally every lineup has provided a false sense of accomplishment and hope…actually going in and looking at these lineups and it seems like this is going to be an annoying week. Oh well,,,

• JIB7

Very disheartened to see my beautiful potential 0/6 overshadowed by this nonsense.

• pheffernan7

@Lockette said...

Who’s at u must b an absolute boomer… slang writing on the internet is called “quickhand” … do u not remember when cellphones became a thing & we had to use T9… that’s what I grew up on… I’m fully aware how to spell properly… I assume u r trolling me & should b embarrassed, as if u think everyone who writes on slang is unable to speak correctly… like ffs cmon man!

In any case as I pointed out, a person in page 30 explicitly said “they r ok with ppl unvaccinated ppl being thrown into camps” … I take that kind of talk as a serious threat & no one seems to b bothered by that statement except Jewsent..! R u guys for real with this line of thinking? U will finger wag Jewsent but not someone who basically made an ideological threat.??

Care to respond or more trolling about improper grammar on the internet.??

Dude CHILL, no one’s implying anyone be sent to camps

…except you. I heard they’re coming for you right now.

• jcotdl

it’s not left or right. it’s golf or other. if anyone wants to continue this, which i wish they wouldn’t i would ask that you please include the standard, “and then i went golfing” so that we can at least pretend we are maintaining forum etiquette..

• billythekidcowboysheat

Whats the cut line gonna be if your guessing?

Noren and grace dragging my team down😣

• lfn1992

@jlowery73 said...

When it was mentioned that it was “bat shit crazy” that Reed would hit a shot with (gasp) potentially unvaccinated people around him AND this forum was supposed to assume that post was talking about the PGA golf protocols (even though it likely wasn’t)?

I’m seeing a lot of “implied… likely… I feel” butthurt feelings responses.

Patrick Reed, however, cares more. He cares to compete in The Open and win and not be DQed thanks to a COVID positive test/infection that was set up by the people who are running The Open.

It pertains to DFG. Someone could test positive and have to WD. I hope it doesn’t happen, but if Patrick Reed tests positive and has to WD, you bet your ass I will look back at these golf shots where he was in the middle of a bunch of people and speculate. And again, aside from Reed’s inability to hit fairways, it’s not really his fault if he did contract COVID. That’s the batshit insane part.

If against the odds he tests positive, it’s probable he’ll be fine; I hope he’s fine. I don’t wish this deadly disease on anyone. I know friends, family members, neighbors even, who got it and they all have told me how horrible it is. One friend’s wife had to go to the ER to get on a breathing machine. Yes, I’m vaccinated, but vaccination remains a personal choice.

But it’s not right if he’s infected and it’s because of The Open’s policies – policies that were rightfully criticized for weeks, in the media and on this very forum. I fail to see how people take my comment and interpret it as a personal insult to them, unless they’re trying to start something. The protocols for the Open were mentioned on multiple threads for weeks.

• whodat2

@Lockette said...

Whodat u must b an absolute boomer… slang writing on the internet is called “quickhand”

I don’t even know what a boomer is. I am a grown ass 55 year old man who might have used to text like that 20 years ago. Cell phones have come along way since then. You still stuck on the old flip phone?

• jmark1972

“Hi, Vinny from Queens here, first time, long time and just wanted to give my two cents on the vaccine” … j/k … local NY sports radio joke and a bad one. Just wanted to feebly attempt to initiate Showdown strategy cause I’m not moving from the laptop for three more days, wife and kids and job be damned. Ride the supposed easier morning wave again? Ride the Rahm “you know it gets better tomorrow” strategy? Combo of both? I’ll hang up and listen.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).