PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: July 15-18

Where: Sandwich, Kent, England (5 hours ahead of eastern time)

Course: Royal St. George’s GC | A par 70 links-style course, plating at 7337 yards.

Last Year’s Winner: Shane Lowry at -16 (2019)

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Cut Rule: Top 70 plus ties.

Coverage: 1:30am to 4am EST on Peacock | Golf Channel – Thur / Fri at 4:00am EST to 3:00pm EST | NBC – Sat / Sun at 7am EST to 3pm EST | DirecTV channels 901-905

There is no shot-tracker on PGAtour.com this week. | www.theopen.com will possibly have one, as well as the ability to stream coverage.

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• noddy

@zovyn said...

I have buyer’s remorse on Lowry. Really hope he picks it up tomorrow.

Me too. Was expecting much better from him.

• Wander_Bread

I will be sweating Robby Mac, Hatton, and Fitz bright and early. Only real question mark in the afternoon (i.e. morning) is going to be Westwood

• cnages24

Long time lurker, first time poster… small time player, but was able to take 4th in the $3 hybrid a few weeks ago which was pretty exciting and nerve racking. Still trying to learn so I can post useful information, but wanted to give a shout out to all the people that post regularly in here. I use your thoughts and use a pretty basic model and gut feel and go from there for my picks. I’ve had the most success in SE and 3 max entry, but usually throw 1 in the DTG and the world championship for fun. Went heavy Spieth and Oosty this weekend, along with C BEZ and Cink (safe cut makers) and currently sitting 10th in the $5 world championship qualifier with Spieth, Oosty, C Bez, Cink, Reed, and Lowry. Going to need some good rounds from Reed and Lowry to have a chance at bringing it home!

Appreciate all your thoughts/info/picks and hope I can start contributing soon!

• RudyPujols

Hope Brandon Grace picks up where he left off on the last 1/3 of his round today, but it isn’t encouraging to need a guy from Rd 1 AM to shoot 3 strokes better in the Rd 2 PM than he was able to shoot in the Rd 1 AM. That’s presuming a +1 cut, which I think is the favorite. Even and +2 would seem to both be in play, too.

• titanhawks

Well, I have Mickelson in my core this week looking for a repeat of that major magic so you know where I’ll spend the rest of my week…Barbasol yep

• JimKronlund

Got in late after 27 holes of golf and 4 hours of fishing. Great day and golfing tomorrow and more fishing :)
    Just caught up on thread… no comment

16/18 players I picked are within the cut. Some are T74. The only 2 outside the cut are Macintyre and Detry and I only have 1 of each.
    16/20 in minimax are in the money the rest very close.
    I was 100% on 4 but adjusted before lock.
    100% Oosy Rahm Veerman
    60% Herbert Fitz
    30% Bezuidenhout Scheffler Casey Miggy
    Pretty happy obviously and yes humble bragging even if early. (maybe not even that humble, sorry) but I do not ever recall getting 16/18 even if it is only for one day.

Mitch truly and sincerely sorry for your loss. I am an over the top dog lover and had dogs my entire life.

• BIF

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

I lost my nine-month old dog last Sunday morning. He was killed by parvovirus, yet he had been fully vaccinated. But there is a strain that is resistant to the vaccines and he apparently caught it. Within three days he was gone, it’s been a really tough week for my family and I come here for a golf distraction.

Sorry to hear that Mitch, parvovirus is a bitch – our Siberian Husky breeder lost a bunch of dogs a few years back to it.

• lfn1992

May you wake up tomorrow and find your favorite golfers with red numbers. Also Matthew Fitzpatrick.

• Baysman

I will never ever pick Jason Day again. What a waste of a pick.

Statistically he has to be the worst golfer in this entire tournament. Unreal.

• JH822547

Cantplay over Morikawa was so stupid, he literally can’t play, the clue is in the name.

Too busy modelling for Hugo Boss to learn it seems.

• Wander_Bread

Need Fitzpatrick to biridie a couple of these going out. 1 over through 5 is not the start I wanted to see waking up, but I know that 5th hole with the blind 2nd shot that he bogied is not easy at all.

• JH822547

Molinari meltdown, three shots to get out of a bunker.

This is getting ridiculous.

• Wander_Bread

Molinari quad on the short par 3… ouch! He should have hit it sideways out of the bunker from the start.

• MrBreeze

Good Friday morning and Yay Golf

This morning was much tougher to get up early after yesterday and trying to keep a normal schedule.

Have few entries that went deep yesterday, so have a shot at a good sweat today. Went heavy Morikowa, so nice to wake up to him near the top.

First up to sweat s Reed, he better get his tee shots under control today.

Good Luck today y’all, we will need it.

• panters

Good Luck to you Mr. Breeze!

• BadAtBetting

Macintyre with an absolute dart on hole 1. That’s what I wanted to see!

• MrBreeze

@panters said...

Good Luck to you Mr. Breeze!

Thx sir, good to see you , hope you have some good lineups going as well.

• MrBreeze

Is JT wearing a hoodie? I need to take a screenshot and show my local Marshall this fall, look the pros do it, It has to be acceptable golf wear.

• BadAtBetting

@MrBreeze said...

Is JT wearing a hoodie? I need to take a screenshot and show my local Marshall this fall, look the pros do it, I t’s has to be acceptable golf wear.

I grew up playing at a local course where there were essentially no restrictions on clothing. I was used to showing up and playing in everything from sweatpants to hoodies to athletic shorts. I don’t mind wearing “proper” golf wear now but I loved those days.

• MrBreeze

Morikowa en Fuego

• BadAtBetting

Macintyre striking the ball fantastically through 3. But he’s missed a couple of 8-10 footers already and looks a little frustrated. Hopefully he can knock one of those in to keep his confidence up

• JH822547

Just sod off Collin.

Moli went birdie-birdie after his quad…..then double bogey.

Cantplay birdie-birdie to give himself a squeak.

• MrBreeze

• BadAtBetting

Mac just cannot make a putt. Just not reading them right.

Edit: Now he is about to take a massive number on 4. Likely a 6 minimum.

Edit 2: Fantastic 4th shot. Nice putt to follow. He gets out with a 5.

• Brandon6385

@MrBreeze said...

Is JT wearing a hoodie? I need to take a screenshot and show my local Marshall this fall, look the pros do it, It has to be acceptable golf wear.

HAHA! Yes he is..

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).