PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: July 15-18

Where: Sandwich, Kent, England (5 hours ahead of eastern time)

Course: Royal St. George’s GC | A par 70 links-style course, plating at 7337 yards.

Last Year’s Winner: Shane Lowry at -16 (2019)

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Cut Rule: Top 70 plus ties.

Coverage: 1:30am to 4am EST on Peacock | Golf Channel – Thur / Fri at 4:00am EST to 3:00pm EST | NBC – Sat / Sun at 7am EST to 3pm EST | DirecTV channels 901-905

There is no shot-tracker on PGAtour.com this week. | www.theopen.com will possibly have one, as well as the ability to stream coverage.

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• deepfat

Fowler at 7.3K when his form isn’t as bad as people think with probably ownership less than 10% seems like one of the better upside picks.

• deepfat

@BlueEdwards said...

Mental midget

He’s just a weirdo that happens to be good at golf.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@BlueEdwards said...

Bryson is a little bitch.

I like ‘em both. Great thing about golf is all the different personalities. Different guys appeal to different people and that’s okay.

• golgi

The fact that it gets air time is embarrassing. It’s the equivalent of an elementary kid not liking someone else because they looked at them funny while they were on the swings.

• timusbr

League contest – Fun at the Barbasol

Its early yet but silly me, I thought 30 for the barbasol was small. I almost did a 50 entries.

The Open Championship is where the money is at and should be your primary concern. Do we have 30 people interested in the other event?

edit: jclem2115 (this weeks #beattheforum volunteer) has a bunch of $1 and $2 H2H’s in the league Lobby (for Open Champ)

• golgi

@deepfat said...

Fowler at 7.3K when his form isn’t as bad as people think with probably ownership less than 10% seems like one of the better upside picks.

First time he’s made my core in since June 2020.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Guys I am most conflicted on:
    Berger – was pretty meh last week despite a decent finishing position. Will be super popular I imagine and I feel like I’d be better off fading than just having a little
    Fitz – gonna be super popular, kind of the same thing, I think I’m better off having none than a sprinkle
    Brooks – says he doesn’t really like this course, that’s not the end of the world but it’s certainly not encouraging
    Glover – so cheap, as pricing was out before he won. but he’s 6600 and has some good history in the open. hate playing guys after a win
    Big Dick Rick -….cheap…nice finishes at the open and the major he was allowed to play this year
    Burns – ultimately too cheap for me not have at least 20% but obv makes me nervous
    Cam Smith – playing with fatrick who he despises. Could see that going either way or I guess not really mattering but I’m leaning towards him showing out

Good Luck Boize

• BlueEdwards

@deepfat said...

He’s just a weirdo that happens to be good at golf.

When he fell apart on the back 9 at US Open….I broke up with him forever.

• monarch

I am having a hard time with Justin Thomas vs Xander Schauffele. JT grades out sooooo much better for me but Xander has much better vegas data, has been better in majors and is getting more ownership. I have determined this to be a ball strikers course which is JT but I need him to be in the fairway which I am concerned about.

• deepfat

Also liking Bezhuidenzout or however you spell it. Looks to go under the radar.

• BlueEdwards

@Sleazygreazy said...

Berger – was pretty meh last week despite a decent finishing position. Will be super popular I imagine and I feel like I’d be better off fading than just having a little
    Fitz – gonna be super popular, kind of the same thing, I think I’m better off having none than a sprinkle
    Brooks – says he doesn’t really like this course, that’s not the end of the world but it’s certainly not encouraging
    Glover – so cheap, as pricing was out before he won. but he’s 6600 and has some good history in the open. hate playing guys after a win
    Big Dick Rick -….cheap…nice finishes at the open and the major he was allowed to play this year
    Burns – ultimately too cheap for me not have at least 20% but obv makes me nervous
    Cam Smith – playing with fatrick who he despises. Could see that going either way or I guess not really mattering but I’m leaning towards him showing out

Good Luck Boize

Didn’t know cam smith hated reed. Well, I guess most people hate reed so it’s not that surprising.

• golgi

@Sleazygreazy said...

Good Luck Boize

-I’m off Berger. Tough because of his history on par 70s courses.
    -I’m on Fitz. Played great last week and it’s his home
    -I’m on Brooks. I think he creates a narrative that puts a chip on his shoulder.
    -I’ve not decided on Glover. Finished top 25 last time it was played here. Don’t know if his hangover is gone yet. His wife might still be throwing wine glasses at him. (The price is enticing)
    -I’m on Rickie. He’s got something to prove
    -I’m on Burns. He played well last week and when he gets in the zone, watch out!
    -I’m off Cameron. Form is not good.

• NDNole

Yup im still sold on Richard Bland and im sticking to it. He is my sleeper this week to surprise.

• golgi

@NDNole said...

Yup im still sold on Richard Bland and im sticking to it. He is my sleeper this week to surprise.

• jcotdl

@golgi said...

He played well last week

Gonna play Burns
    Gonna fade Berger
    Love the Fitz
    Brooks, Rickie and Lucas will haunt me fading them
    I’m off Cam so i can favor Phatrick

• JimKronlund

@klf_is_gonna_rock_ya said...

With 300k entries in the $10, is it safe to assume your entry will be duped if you max out the salary….even if you have a couple low owned guys?

If 1st had 10 dupes, each would get $125,400 each ($1,254,000/10).
    2nd (11th place monies) and not duped they would get $7500.
    So I would not worry about getting duped and just make the line up you think can get the most points.

• BlueEdwards

Lotsa folk on Ricardo flowers. I get why but I don’t know if I can do it….he’s burned me so many times.

• NDNole

@golgi said...

Roger that lol

• Jpitten

Winner – Patrick Reed over oosty
    Fade – brooks, Holland, morikawa
    Sleeper – bezuidenhout, migliozzi, scrivener

• noddy

Winner – Lowry

Fade – DJ, JT, Rory, Xander

Sleeper – Grace

• ifthethunder

@NDNole said...

He helped me win a couple of milly tickets last week and that put him in my first core.
    ~

• CupFreeman

@JimKronlund said...

If 1st had 10 dupes, each would get $125,400 each ($1,254,000/10).
    2nd (11th place monies) and not duped they would get $7500.
    So I would not worry about getting duped and just make the line up you think can get the most points.

//

• monarch

Loving the ownership on Dustin Johnson and Tony Finau

• titanhawks

@CupFreeman said...

//

Why the edit?

• Giez

@BlueEdwards said...

Lotsa folk on Ricardo flowers. I get why but I don’t know if I can do it….he’s burned me so many times.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).