PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: July 15-18

Where: Sandwich, Kent, England (5 hours ahead of eastern time)

Course: Royal St. George’s GC | A par 70 links-style course, plating at 7337 yards.

Last Year’s Winner: Shane Lowry at -16 (2019)

Last Year’s Cut: +1

Cut Rule: Top 70 plus ties.

Coverage: 1:30am to 4am EST on Peacock | Golf Channel – Thur / Fri at 4:00am EST to 3:00pm EST | NBC – Sat / Sun at 7am EST to 3pm EST | DirecTV channels 901-905

There is no shot-tracker on PGAtour.com this week. | www.theopen.com will possibly have one, as well as the ability to stream coverage.

RG Golf Forum League

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• JimKronlund

Finau is the only player to finish in the top-10 at the 2018 and 2019 Open. Sneaky great links record, his 1.96 strokes gained total per round on links-style courses is 2nd-best of any player the last 10 years with 20+ rounds played.
    twitter

• BIF

@Vanderob14 said...

I saw something on the wind finder with 25-30 mph gusts for a lot of the week.

The guys on PGA Tour radio said 10-20 the first 2 days and 10-15 on weekend

Also near 70 degrees and no rain

Scoring will be better than it has been historically where average score has been almost 3.5 over par per round scoring avg

• mitchsnyderdfw

@BIF said...

So hard as a rock with crowned fairways and weird bounces into the rough?

• timusbr

@BIF said...

The guys on PGA Tour radio said 10-20 the first 2 days and 10-15 on weekend

Scoring will be better than it has been historically where average score has been almost 3.5 over par per round scoring avg

Windfinder indicated rain on Sat. not just drizzle but some.
    also I dont know if its significant but the wind is suppose to come out of the north and if the geography is shaped like a T the course is just a little bit south of the stem

• BlueEdwards

Serious question – cink or Palmer?

• BIF

With so many blind shots and a few more strange bounces than most Open rota courses have, I think having a veteran caddie or at least someone who has played here/caddied here would be a big benefit.

I can’t imagine being a new caddie this week and trying to get Bryson a line on hole with a blind tee shot.

• cplatt87

Playing more than normal this week since it’s a major, but i really just went with feel more than anything else. Feels like there’s alot of guys that can win this week, but I couldn’t play everyone I liked.

Winner: Spieth over Brooks

Fade: Rahm (I only made this decision tonight, I had to take a stand somewhere on the high salary guys and this is where I ended up)

Sleeper: Seems like Robert Macintyre isn’t getting enough love this week considering his good Open history and overall good major form this year. I’m also playing some shares of DJ who seems to be the forgotten man in the 10k salaries.

• JH822547

Are people doing tee time stacks even if there is no clear advantage.

I mean, it’s a lot of work isn’t it?

• Gtzerphy

Love, love love Patrick Reed this week.

• depalma13

Team “OO” has picked up two new exciting players to replace Si Woo Kim and Ryan Moore at this year’s Open.

Including Champion Golfer of Scotland Min Woo Lee. The youngster is on top of his game and ready to roll at Royal St. Georges.

We don’t know much about our other new flag bearer Poom Saksansin, but we have a feeling we are going to get to shout some POOM! at the TV this week.

• MrBreeze

Just a reminder Y’all, get your entries in before bedtime tonight.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

I’m finding that I’m leaving more money on the table in my lineups then I thought I would. Pricing seems really inefficient at 7900-7200. Not a Lot of separation in that area IMO.

Case in point, I just had a lineup with 8k left that already had Lowry and Fitz. At 8k you Rose and Fleetwood. Then there is Leishman at 7700 or Ancer at 7600. Went with Leishman and left 300 on the table.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

@MrBreeze said...

Just a reminder Y’all, get your entries in before bedtime tonight.

I imagine contests will fill up by dinner time so gotta get entries in earlier than normal I would think.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

I know he is being touted this week, but I want nothing to do with Xander this week. No way should he be more expensive than Spieth or JT and Cantlay is basically the same player but 8900 instead of 10k. He does have an excellent record in majors but just over priced here.

Anyone who loves Xander here? Love to hear thoughts.

• Gtzerphy

@kbarnhill7523 said...

I know he is being touted this week, but I want nothing to do with Xander this week. No way should he be more expensive than Spieth or JT and Cantlay is basically the same player but 8900 instead of 10k. He does have an excellent record in majors but just over priced here.

On FD
    Spieth 11.6
    X 11.5
    JT 11.4

• MrBreeze

Playing a guy this week I always avoid, Brian Harman. Rated high in Fairways gained and Scrambling gained, seems like a good combo here. About 17% in 44 entries.

• titanhawks

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Xander tops my Open core this week

I think he is the safest of plays among the others and less apt to do something stupid like pissing me off and missing the cut which I think all those others are capable of

Also the highest I wanted to go on salary and keep relatively balanced

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

@MrBreeze said...

Playing a guy this week I always avoid, Brian Harman. Rated high in Fairways gained and Scrambling gained, seems like a good combo here. About 17% in 44 entries.

Good scrambler and great putter. Not a bad combo to have m.

• BlueEdwards

Leishman or day?

• Steverino01

@depalma13 said...

Including Champion Golfer of Scotland Min Woo Lee

Min Woo Lee? Isn’t that what Arkansas Razorbacks fans yell?

• Steverino01

What can you Euro fans tell me about Armitage? Need a cheep one down low, but would like to fade chalk Burns who sucks in majors.

• depalma13

@Steverino01 said...

What can you Euro fans tell me about Armitage? Need a cheep one down low, but would like to fade chalk Burns who sucks in majors.

Every time I see his name, I think of the Beastie Boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

I like Veerman at the bottom as a cheap flyer.

• Steverino01

@depalma13 said...

I like Veerman at the bottom as a cheap flyer

I hadn’t even considered him. I see he’s had a couple of good weeks lately.

• monarch

I x’d out X as well. His strengths are his driving and ability to grind out a major but give me Dustin Johnson who is pretty good at that as well and has a T2 here and no pressure.

• Getty33

@Steverino01 said...

Last week in a strong Scotch Open field he was 8k and played a consistent but uneventful 7 under par. His price drop to just 6.4k seems like good quality at a good discount

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).