Last Year’s Cut: +2

Coverage:
    Thursday & Friday,
    1 pm – 7 pm on TNT

Saturday & Sunday,
    11am – 2pm on TNT
    2pm – 7pm on CBS

Live Streaming at PGAChampionship.com

Sunday Milly Maker Live Sweat Article – Win Swag Throughout The Day!

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• walkoff9

A major with shot tracker!

• winnerchickendinner

I know this is early but doing some research for the pga championship and found a stat that is not referenced at all that I am going to use as part of my basis of picking golfers. Trying to dig deeper into this major for that money.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Always appreciate @Whodat for getting the golf threads started.

• MACKTYSON

Skipped the Bridgestone to get an early jump on this tourney, looking forward to the last major of the year! Feel good about Nasty Yams and JDay in the upper echelon, can’t wait for the pricing.

• Ndepompei

Fleetwood wins by 4

• bigez952

@MACKTYSON said...

can’t wait for the pricing.

Pricing is up already and has been for a few days.

• Frustrated

Rain, rain, and more rain in the forecast. And it looks like Jon Rahm will once again be playing with Rickie Fowler which hasn’t worked out well for him the last couple of times he played with at Memorial and at the U.S. Open.

• WidumBoise

For Finau, the time is NOW.

WIN A MAJOR FUCKING GOLFING EVENT.

• whodat2

@WidumBoise said...

Ummmm

• walkoff9

@WidumBoise said...

• winnerchickendinner

Have Rory winning it. I like that he has bounced back and going 100% on him.

• BIF

I have not read much yet about course setup this week – what will be different when this course plays under the PGA of America setup for their PGA Championship versus a regular PGA Tour event when it host the Well Fargo Championship the past few years?

If this was a USGA event, you wouldn’t even recognize the course like when Pebble hosts the US Open it looks and plays nothing it does for the AT&T in Jan/Feb.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Patrick Cantlay at 6900 all day

• kswetnam1342

@BIF said...

I have not read much yet about course setup this week – what will be different when this course plays under the PGA of America setup for their PGA Championship versus a regular PGA Tour event when it host the Well Fargo Championship the past few years?

If this was a USGA event, you wouldn’t even recognize the course like when Pebble hosts the US Open it looks and plays nothing it does for the AT&T in Jan/Feb.

I honestly have no clue how the course will be set up, but here are the winning scores from the last 10 events at the Wells Fargo at Quail Hollow.
    (Most recent listed first)
    Average: -13.6

Here are the last 10 winning scores in the PGA Championship
    Average: -11.1

• kswetnam1342

Here are the last 10 cut lines at the Wells Fargo
    +1
    E
    +1
    +2
    E
    +1
    E
    +1
    +3
    Average: +0.8

Here are the last 10 cut line for the PGA Championship.
    +2
    +2
    +1
    +3
    +6
    +4
    +5
    +4
    +8
    +5
    Average: +4

• kswetnam1342

So, by looking at the scores, I bet the PGA will want the course a bit harder, but I imagine it will play pretty similarly to what it normally does.

• BIF

@kbarnhill7523 said...

Patrick Cantlay at 6900 all day

I would have said that a month ago for sure but he didn’t look good in any aspect of his game last week in Canada.

His stats will be skewed heavily as he has not played many events and most of his early ones were very good.

• FromEuropeWithLove

Chances of another Marc Leishman top 20?

• RangerC

BAAAAADDD pricing again (event is playable because all majors always are with the depth of field) but DK’s approach is just embarrassing.

From 8400 – 7600 there are SEVEN golfers and from 7000-6700 there are FIFTY-SEVEN golfers. It’s just so lazy and eliminates a good third of the field from realistic consideration (other than as a one off in a 150 LU set).

• miller_0716

Jim Furyk

• Cbed11

@kswetnam1342 said...

I honestly have no clue how the course will be set up, but here are the winning scores from the last 10 events at the Wells Fargo at Quail Hollow.

You must also take into consideration those scores are with the course playing as a par 72. It is 71 next week.

• kswetnam1342

@Cbed11 said...

You must also take into consideration those scores are with the course playing as a par 72. It is 71 next week.

Thanks…didn’t notice that.

That will probably be the biggest difference in the “normal” course and the “PGA” course.

• MACKTYSON

ZJ @ 6800 is interesting.

• Dunzor

These are the main changes listed to the course from its normal layout in 2016 to the PGA this year:

1. New Bermuda: A type of grass called Champion Ultradwarf Bermudagrass has been installed on the greens at Quail Hollow. It will be as pure as the driven snow, and it should erase all memories of that nightmare 2013 event at the course in which the bentgrass greens were as splotchy as any PGA Tour event in recent memory.

2. Thousands of trees removed: We will see a sparser Quail Hollow than when we last saw it in 2016. Many of these trees were removed to allow more sunlight to hit the greens, but some were removed to re-shape the golf course, according to the Charlotte Observer.

3. Four-ish new holes: The first and second holes were meshed into a single hole, a 540-yard par 4. The fifth hole was changed from a par 5 to a par 4. A new second hole was built, a par 3. The 11th was given extra bunkering. This is an oddity, for sure, but not much has changed in terms of the actual landscaping of the track.

• noddy

Dear Fantasy Golf Gods

Please help me pick players that make the cut and don’t shit the bed on the weekend.

Sincerely, Noddy

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.