PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: March 11-14

Where: Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

Course: TPC Sawgrass – A par 72 playing at 7189 yards.

Last Year’s Winner: Covid

Last Year’s Cut: Too Early

Coverage: PGATourLive | Golf Channel | NBC

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Cup 2021 Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – PGA strategy talk for this week’s tourney. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Money0227

Last year’s losers:

Everyone (like myself) who had Hideki.

• hbomb57

Pricing is out early. Rickie at 7400 if he flops this week he might end up sub 7000 next tourney.

• mgravity

Does Hideki get to start where he let off last year?

• BIF

@Money0227 said...

Last year’s losers:

Everyone (like myself) who had Hideki.

Yah the worst part of last year’s tourney besides the shutdown of the Tour for a few months was that the 1st round didn’t get completed (a couple groups were still on the course when darkness hit) so all of us who had Hideki and winnings did not get paid out – had everyone completed the first round before the cancelling of the event due to Covid, we still would have gotten paid based on DK’s rules at the time (not sure if it is still the same). I remember I was up a fair bit when play stopped for the day $1K+ but not as bad as the guy who was winning the Milly and all he needed was the last couple groups on the course to finish before dark and the tourney would have been official for DK/DFS purposes to pay out (but not official by PGA Tour purposes with respect to crowning a winner).

• BIF

@mgravity said...

Does Hideki get to start where he let off last year?

😂

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Winner: Morikawa
    Fade: the water
    Sleeper: Kang

🤣 oh how I missed y’all last week. I see some are still a little fired up. Lmao.

Lighten up everyone!!

• Herf

@Sleazygreazy said...

🤣 oh how I missed y’all last week. I see some are still a little fired up. Lmao.

Lighten up everyone!!

Welcome back!

I’m still pissed off about Louis last week. I still cashed all my FD lineups with a goose egg from him. If I would have had Speith instead of him (they were priced fairly close) then I would have been in the big money lol.

EDIT:

If there is anywhere Rickie can turn his shit around, its here. I will be roughly 30-40%.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@Herf said...

Welcome back!

I’m still pissed off about Louis last week. I still cashed all my FD lineups with a goose egg from him. If I would have had Speith instead of him (they were priced fairly close) then I would have been in the big money lol.

EDIT:

If there is anywhere Rickie can turn his shit around, its here. I will be roughly 30-40%.

Wow, cashed with a zero burger….haven’t played FD golf in a while maybe I need to dabble again this week. Just checked their contest selection for the Players….and it’s not even up yet lol. FD is fun because you can generally pick exactly who you want with the soft pricing. But also means ya better not miss or get a WD like oosty. How tf did you cash? You have the top 5 as your other golfers?

• byo34

Excited for this week, hopefully the only drama we see this week in here is golf related whether it’s cut sweat Friday or Sunday evening! Not a good look when we are name calling!

Yeah, hard not to think of last year, I too had Mr. Chalk Hideki.. which hurt especially because I also had a 1 or 2% owned Grace who was -5 thru 9, forgot how he finished but man the lineup was looking nice day 1!

Always a random tournament, pretty sure the last 2 years the majority of top DK scoring came from guys in the 7k and below range.

• manoffewwords

@Herf said...

Welcome back!

EDIT:

I will take Conners at same price.

• MrBreeze

Prop bettors, I am thinking of making a trip to the William Hill Sports Book in DC Wednesday. What are some of the best bets to make (top20. Top10. Top5 etc?). Any guidance or experience appreciated.

• klf_is_gonna_rock_ya

Corey connors 70-1 at this tourney and 150-1 at the masters. 🤔🤔🤔

• timusbr

The Happy Meal this week is 150 entries pay’s out top 15

The Happy Meal cup pts are dbl’d this week because We ruled that this is the unofficial Major for the TV’s but a golf Major none the less.

Lets fill this thing, all help to recruit, bang the drum is appreciated.

• sneaksox

Good morning everyone. Glad we will get the see the full Players tournament this year! Guess Weds/Thurs is the one year anniversary of the shutdown and when we found out eSports exist.

I threw 20 H2H’s to start for Beat The Forum but I will add more today/tomorrow including $10 and maybe $20. Been on a dive with my single bullets this year so this should be free money for everyone. Good luck!

• timusbr

@BIF said...

Yah the worst part of last year’s tourney besides the shutdown of the Tour for a few months was that the 1st round didn’t get completed (a couple groups were still on the course when darkness hit)

my records indicate the following played too slow :)
    Bronson Burgoon
    Kevin Streelman
    Mark Hubbard
    Matthew Fitzpatrick

• ifthethunder

@Sleazygreazy said...

Lighten up everyone!!

Anyone calls me Francis, I’ll kill em!
    ~

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@ifthethunder said...

Anyone calls me Francis, I’ll kill em!
    ~

Hobbies are fast cars and fast women…they call me cruiser

• ifthethunder

@timusbr said...

my records indicate the following played too slow :)
    Bronson Burgoon
    Kevin Streelman
    Mark Hubbard
    Matthew Fitzpatrick

To be fair, Homeless was distracted by the need to find some place to sleep for the night.
    ~

• BrianVT

@Sleazygreazy said...

But also means ya better not miss or get a WD like oosty. How tf did you cash? You have the top 5 as your other golfers?

I thought FD let you pick 7 golfers and you score the best 6? Or is that somewhere else? IDK….never done FD, but thought I heard that.

• kdsdawg

first timers at TPC don’t fair that well according to very little research I did
    DJ- MC
    Rory -MC
    Simpson-MC
    Reed- MC
    Finau- MC
    Berger-MC
    Im-MC
    Fitz- MC
    Day-MC
    Kokrak-MC
    Horschel- MC
    Rahm-72
    Bryson-37
    Hatton- 41

There are a couple fared better
    Xander- 2
    Cantlay- 22
    JT- 24
    Spieth- 4
    Matsy- 23

Makes me wonder what to do with Hovland, Morikawa, Homa, Niemann and Scheffler

• BIF

@BrianVT said...

I thought FD let you pick 7 golfers and you score the best 6? Or is that somewhere else? IDK….never done FD, but thought I heard that.

That was Fantasy Draft not FanDuel which is who people refer to when they say FD.

FanDuel pricing for all major sports is soft and for golf you can usually jam 4-5 studs or top tier players in with 1-2 mid salary guys and never have to dig deep or punt.

• timusbr

am I nuts, am I on to something, is this the week to change things up.

I am thinking this course is another second shot course, with the difference of being a bit of a birdie fest. So Iron play, proximity to hole, GIR, and putting are my keys.

I started fading some of the pro’s that have been around for a long time in favor of newer “pro’s”. Its worked pretty well. guys like Zalatoris, Griffen, Homa have been great. I am getting a bit worried here about playing too many weeks in a row. All the younger guys are in my danger zone at the moment. Anyone else think something similiar?

• byo34

@kdsdawg said...

first timers at TPC don’t fair that well according to very little research I did
    DJ- MC
    Rory -MC
    Simpson-MC
    Reed- MC
    Finau- MC
    Berger-MC
    Im-MC
    Fitz- MC
    Day-MC
    Kokrak-MC
    Horschel- MC
    Rahm-72
    Bryson-37
    Hatton- 41

There are a couple
    Xander- 2
    Cantlay- 22
    JT- 24
    Spieth- 4
    Matsy- 23

Makes me wonder what to do with Hovland, Morikawa, Homa, Niemann and Scheffler

Some of the “first timers” this year were able to at least get some practice rounds last year and round 1 in.

Morikawa, Scheffler and Hovland were -4 T7 after round 1 last year. Max Homa -2, and Niemann +1.

Of course I would not base a ton off of 1 round from last year.. but it is something.

• noddy

@BrianVT said...

That was fantasydraft. FanDuel you pick 6 just like DK

• timusbr

I am not going back to Justin Rose and back spasms.

I cant believe less than 48 hours after he WD from API, I see him listed as 7800 for the Players. SMH, if he plays, finishes and pays for his salary.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).