INDUSTRY FORUM

Comments

• Jonan

Team RG

The first results are in and our standings are live! Click here to see the current King of Summer Leaderboard! We’ll also continue to update the schedule of upcoming events here.

We’re proud to announce the first ever RotoGrinders King of Summer!

Here’s the gist:

The competition will take place between now and the end of August. DraftKings will host approximately one contest each week (beginning with this week’s Fantasy Golf Millionaire) that are flagged as being a part of the King of Summer challenge.

Your top finish in each contest will automatically accumulate points towards the King of Summer leaderboards, which we’ll unveil later this week.

In addition to epic bragging rights, $40,000 in added DraftKings dollars will be awarded over the course of the event.

This contest is open exclusively to RotoGrinders members. To participate:

1. You MUST have your DraftKings screen name in your Grinders Profile.

2. Play in each, individual King of Summer contest. Your top finish in each contest will automatically accumulate points towards the King of Summer leaderboards, assuming you completed Step 1 above and have your DK screen name added to your profile here on RotoGrinders.

Click here to see full details about the RotoGrinders King of Summer!

As mentioned above, the Fantasy Golf Millionaire is the first contest for the King of Summer. We’ll post each weekly contest here in the Grinders Forum moving forward.

Click here to enter the Fantasy Golf Millionaire and get started on the path to becoming the King of Summer, then check back early and often for updates, including which contests will count in the weeks ahead!

Enjoy the games!
    The RotoGrinders Team

• flip4flop

Awesome! More incentive to light money on fire this summer!!

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

What will the buy-in’s range from for this?

• Nosuckoutplz

It’d be nice to see people who struggle rewarded as well. The thing about these types of contests, is they award prizes to people who are already winning prizes. That’s ok, I just think it would be cool to also reward the ones playing, that aren’t winning. These players are important to the site and the grinders and are most likely to pack it in and give up at some point. If they could get SOME positive….

Maybe something random so there’s no “trying to lose”. Like, do a drawing for the bottom 20% finishers. Just a suggestion

• donkshow

So do we have to do anything other than simply enter the contests? Post our username here or anywhere, or simply having our usernames connected to the site is good.

• KillaChap

@Nosuckoutplz said...

Maybe something random so there’s no “trying to lose”. Like, do a drawing for the bottom 20% finishers. Just a suggestion

I believe there were some NBA contests where the goal was to score the least amount of points with active players. I missed out on it but I am pretty sure I would’ve won that hands down!

• oilydave

I’m in…..Do I post my username here?

• Jonan

Team RG

@tgowen said...

What will the buy-in’s range from for this?

Buy-ins will vary, but many of the King of Summer events will be the “featured” contests on DK – whether for PGA, MLB, MMA, etc.

• Jonan

Team RG

@donkshow said...

So do we have to do anything other than simply enter the contests? Post our username here or anywhere, or simply having our usernames connected to the site is good.

That’s it!

1. Add your DK screen name to your RG profile. (Which, specifically, you have done.)

2. Enter the PGA Millionaire, the first contest in the King of Summer.

• Jonan

Team RG

@oilydave said...

I’m in…..Do I post my username here?

Nope! You have your DK user name in your profile. You’re all set to participate in our King of Summer contests.

• prudcck

Post across the top of the website says 400K. Assuming that is a misprint,

• kmello

kmello

• Chadalac

Hi, I’m not sure if my lineup loaded from Draft Kings? I went through site but clicked on the missions before entering

• cwack25

How can you tell if your profile is ready to go my name is linked but I’m not sure if I have done all of the steps

• cwack25

And what if we entered the contest before this was displayed?

• Ross
    @cwack25 said...

How can you tell if your profile is ready to go my name is linked but I’m not sure if I have done all of the steps

You’re all set.

• Mccloud4203

im in.

• Insidethewrappe

Looks like multi-entry guys will have an advantage again. Why not use only single entry contests and see who is the best player ?

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

@Insidethewrappe said...

Looks like multi-entry guys will have an advantage again. Why not use only single entry contests and see who is the best player ?

Well, you need money to be a king, us peasants best just stay where we are.

I do think a single entry competition would be fun though. However, the rebuttal against it would be a lower prize total. It goes back to the old argument of what’s more important? Proving who is the best OR Winning big money.

Regardless, for those who are participating, good luck.

• petecc7

petecc7

• petecc7

How will I know if I did this right? Entered the Milly before I got this, so not sure if I got set up or not?

• Votts

Let’s do this

• tristanwolf

cool contest but wish we could have had more notice than the night before. missed it.

• Bwwatr1

Yes it would be nice to see a win omg that would be great it seem like we support the top sixty or so folks that are entering a hundred lineups when I or folks like me can only afford one or two. So yes single line up seem fair to me and thank y’all ROTO guys what your doing may keep me playing a little longer

• Jonan

Team RG

@tristanwolf said...

cool contest but wish we could have had more notice than the night before. missed it.

Sorry that you missed it. While we did send the email just one day before, we started promoting this on RG a few days in advance. We’ll try to give more notice for the rest of the King of Summer contests.

Speaking of which, while the 0 hurts, your lowest score each month is dropped. We also drop your 3 lowest scores at the end of the event, so you’re still in the running for both King of the Month and King of the Summer prizes. So you (and everyone who misses a contest) are still very much alive!

• psualum

RG Overall Ranking

This is awesome! I“M THE KING BABY

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler