MAIN FORUM

Comments

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Hey everyone,

I’m happy to announce another season of The Ultimate Fighter-DFS Edition. Seasons 1 and 2 were a big success, and we’re hitting the sweet spot of the MMA season in November and December, so I feel like it’s a great time to launch Season 3.

We will start this tournament for UFC 205 on November 12, and end with UFC 207 on December 30. On top of the prize pool, I’ve decided to add (2) free weeks of MMA Premium to 1st place, and (1) free week of MMA Premium to 2nd and 3rd place.

You can check out details from the past seasons below:

Season 1: https://rotogrinders.com/threads/the-ultimate-fighter-dfs-edition-official-thread-620010?page=4

Season 2: https://rotogrinders.com/threads/the-ultimate-fighter-season-2-dfs-edition-927266?page=4

This contest is loosely based around the reality TV show, The Ultimate Fighter, and it’s a two-month long survivor tournament. Last season, we set the entry fee at $20 and I’m sticking with that for Season 3.

CONTEST STRUCTURE

This will be a seven-week survivor tournament that eliminates a small number of entrants each time. Payout is TBD but we will pay out to the top three places (last season was 240/160/80).

Total Prize Pool: 24x$20= $480

1st- $240 + 2 free weeks of MMA Premium
    2nd- $160 + 1 free week of MMA Premium
    3rd- $80 + 1 free week of MMA Premium

Tiebreaking Procedure

In the schedule, I will list the number of people who enter and advance each week. IF YOU TIE for the place of advancement, you will advance. That means in Episode 1, if 20 people are scheduled to advance, and 3 players happen to tie for 20th place, they will all advance and enter Episode 2.

If there is a tie in the finale, we will continue to play a h2h or 3-man game until a winner is determined. If there is a tie for 2nd and 3rd place in the finale, I will award them a split of 2nd and 3rd place money.

Immunity:

The winners of episode 1 and 2 will be granted immunity for the following episode. This means the winner of episode 1 will be safe from elimination during episode 2. The winner of episode 2 will be safe from elimination during episode 3.

If there is a tie for first place, immunity will not be granted. There must be an outright winner to earn immunity.

Schedule and Advancement:

Episode 1: November 12, Alvarez vs. McGregor (24 enter, 20 advance)- COMPLETED

Episode 2: November 19, Mousasi vs. Hall (20 enter, 16 advance)- COMPLETED

Episode 3: November 26, Rockhold vs. Jacare (16 enter, 12 advance)- COMPLETED

Episode 4: December 3, TUF Finale (12 enter, 8 advance)- COMPLETED

Episode 5: December 10, Cormier vs. Johnson (8 enter, 5 advance)- COMPLETED

Episode 6: December 17, VanZant vs. Waterson (5 enter, 3 advance)- COMPLETED

Episode 7- FINALE: December 30, Rousey vs. Nunes (3 enter, 1 winner)- COMPLETED

SEASON 3 FINALE RECAP

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/35554134?uc=625089684

Congrats to laggard who has won Season 3! I have paid out to all winners via PayPal and will add free weeks of Premium to top 3. If you have any questions feel free to reach out!

Final Standings
    1. laggard
    2. bigone19
    3. EricF

Eliminated
    bbbomb
    Tontohobo
    mpeacher23
    gravycakes
    balesjustin
    xxfg311xx
    BigMarley3
    sheriffolds
    DivineProdigy
    budmcdevitt
    suntszu
    ky_medtch
    dorfman10
    stidger24
    cactusjack2
    kswetnam1342
    h3budda
    awalker11
    Budbrew
    KevOstro1
    mhacker1

• butkusaafl

RG Overall Ranking

mhacker1

• xatewatr

laggard

• mpeacher23

Mpeacher23

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Ending sign ups in the next day or two and then will release pay outs.

• EricF

Just sent you entry fee

• kswetnam1342

kswetnam1342

Will send money when it posts in my PayPal account.

Thanks.

• Divine_Prodigy

divine_prodigy . Should send pay later today

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

I’m closing sign ups today, I’ve contacted the unofficial from earlier in the week. Please send me the $ by today or you will be removed from the sign up list.

Thanks!

• Divine_Prodigy

Just paid , you should get it at any moment now today .

Edit: if I have to use my DK name though it’s DivineProdigy….my bad

• kswetnam1342

@kswetnam1342 said...

kswetnam1342

Will send money when it posts in my PayPal account.

Thanks.

Money sent

• budbrew

Budbrew

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

I’m closing sign ups and working with the last couple unofficials

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

I’ve updated the prize pool and contest structure, I will be sending out a private contest tonight or tomorrow! Keep checking here for updates!

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

UPDATE

I’ve sent everyone an invitation to the the first contest. I am also leaving the potential for one more person to join, since the contest lets you select 25 and we have 24..

If we do get one more person to join I will notify everyone here, and update the prize pool and contest settings. 20 will still advance out of episode 1 regardless.

If you have any trouble getting into the contest or don’t have an invite, please message me!

• kswetnam1342

I received invitations to four different contests! I just entered all of them to be safe.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

It should only be one contest, that’s all I’m seeing on my end. Apologies for the mass invitations, someone had (might still have) a blocker on me so the invites (I thought) weren’t getting through originally.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

A Quick FYI

I’ve only created one contest, there’s currently 15/25 people in it. The contest has an id of 32033109 for anyone who is curious.

• H3Budda

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #43

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

2018 DraftKings NFL KOTB Finalist

Good luck everyone. I hope someone from RG wins it :p lol

• baggerly

If you still need or want one to join let me know and I’ll send money right away. If not that’s okay this is the first time I’ve seen this.

• dorfman10

dorfman10

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@dorfman10 said...

dorfman10

I’ve given dorfman10 the last spot, he reached out to me earlier.

baggerly, thanks for your interest, if you like I can keep you as an alternative in case someone drops out in the next day or two.

Adjusting payouts now.

• baggerly

@bbbomb said...

I’ve given dorfman10 the last spot, he reached out to me earlier.

baggerly, thanks for your interest, if you like I can keep you as an alternative in case someone drops out in the next day or two.

Adjusting payouts now.

Yeah that sounds good. I’ll be on the lookout for the next edition.

• sheriffolds

I got four invites also. I joined them all to be safe. I see 21 of 25

• ivashi13

HOW TO ENTER
    Step 1: Reply to this thread with your DK username: ivashi
    Step 2: Send $20 via PayPal to bbbomb79@yahoo.com DONE

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@ivashi13 said...

HOW TO ENTER
    Step 1: Reply to this thread with your DK username: ivashi
    Step 2: Send $20 via PayPal to bbbomb79@yahoo.com DONE

Got your email, can’t respond this second but yes I will today. Sorry about that!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler