MAIN FORUM

Comments

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

A champion has been crowned! Thanks for a great season!

1st- Schwilly19
    2nd- laggard
    3rd- NickRock21

Eliminated:
    zbullsmoke
    sheriffolds
    huitcinq
    louiescards
    ironriver
    bbbomb
    gravycakes
    OrdaNation
    boscelts34
    westcoastbills
    carson8184
    RangerC
    zmcdiarmid
    tcottrill
    miket0602
    klemmentine
    thetitanlb
    DontThrowPick6
    mpeacher23
    brady4president
    dabsandfrags

Hey everybody,

For those who weren’t around earlier this year, I ran Season 1 of the The Ultimate Fighter- DFS Edition, which was a Daily Fantasy MMA survivor tournament loosely based around the reality show “The Ultimate Fighter.” That tournament was very successful and I received enough feedback to warrant running it for a second time. If you’d like to read the thread from the first season, click here.

Unlike last time, which was FREE, I’ve decided to make this contest $20 to enter. I will hold all payments in PayPal throughout the competition and will pay out to the winners at the completion of the tournament. Right now, I’m thinking we should make this a top-heavy tournament, with payouts awarded to the top three finishers who make the finale. I’m open to suggestions on this.

Contest Structure:

This is a seven-week survivor tournament that eliminates a small number of entrants each time. Currently, we are at 24 entries, which means there is a prize pool of $480. Here is the payout:

1st- $240
    2nd- $160
    3rd- $80

Please review the schedule and advancement section to see how many players advance past each week.

Tiebreaking Procedure

In the schedule, I’ve listed the number of people who enter and advance each week. IF YOU TIE for the place of advancement, you will advance. That means in Episode 1, even though 20 people are scheduled to advance, if 3 players happen to tie for 20th place, they will all advance and enter Episode 2.

If there is a tie in the finale, we will continue to play a h2h or 3-man game until a winner is determined. If there is a tie for 2nd and 3rd place in the finale, I will award them a split of 2nd and 3rd place money, which is $120 per person.

Immunity:

The winners of episode 1, 2 and 3 will be granted immunity for the following episode. This means the winner of episode 1 will be safe from elimination during episode 2. The winner of episode 2 will be safe from elimination during episode 3, and so on. The last chance to earn immunity is during episode 3, in which that winner will be safe during episode 4.

If there is a tie for first place, immunity will not be granted. There must be an outright winner to earn immunity.

Schedule and Advancement:

Episode 1: November 14, Rousey vs. Holm (24 enter, 20 advance) COMPLETED

Episode 2: November 21, Brown vs. Gastelum (20 enter, 16 advance) COMPLETED

Episode 3: November 28, Henderson vs. Alves (16 enter, 12 advance) COMPLETED

Episode 4: December 10, Namajunas vs. VanZant (12 enter, 8 advance) COMPLETED

Episode 5: December 12, Aldo vs. McGregor (8 enter, 5 advance) COMPLETED

Episode 6: December 19, Dos Anjos vs. Cerrone (5 enter, 3 advances)

FINALE- Episode 7: January 2, Lawler vs. Condit (3 enter, 1 winner)

Current Entrant List:

1. bbbomb
    2. zmcdiarmid
    3. zbullsmoke
    4. gravycakes
    5. carson8184
    6. miket0602
    7. ironriver
    8. louiescards
    9. tcottrill
    10. klemmentine
    11. mpeacher23
    12. dabsandfrags
    13. Boscelts34
    14. DontThrowPick6
    15. westcoastbills
    16. NickRock21
    17. brady4president
    18. laggard
    19. RangerC
    20. sherrifolds
    21. thetitanlb
    22. OrdaNation
    23. Schwilly19
    24. huitcinq

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@OrdaNation said...

Had to create a new account over the weekend. Saw that Im on the waiting list. Are you staying at 20? Should I send that over now, or wait until a spot opens up?

I’d love to get to 25, looks like we need 3 more people tho. If we get to 25 I’ll have you pay.

• Schwilly19

Put me on the wait list coach, sent via thelordschwilleth
    DK handle is Schwilly19

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

let’s get 2 more in here guys!

• sheriffolds

sent.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

got it thanks

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Ok guys huitcinq said he’s in, so that’s 24. I’m gonna make the tournament out of 25, and if we don’t get a 25th soon, I’ll just have a friend enter the contest but he won’t count.

That means everyone who was on the waiting list is in! I’m about to create the tournament and send out the link.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Please review the updated schedule/advancement and payout sections!

• tcottrill

I’m a little unclear on the rules. Is it straight forward, as in top 20 advance in week 1

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Correct. Top 20 will advance, including anyone tied for 20th.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

invites have been sent make sure you check your email and join!

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Here’s the link for Episode 1: https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/14419052?uc=218450718

• DontThrowPick6

doh, didn’t read the updated rules. used my tourney lineup instead. bye bye $20

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@DontThrowPick6 said...

doh, didn’t read the updated rules. used my tourney lineup instead. bye bye $20

Ah sorry bud, next time!

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Advanced to Episode 2
    1. Zbullsmoke- IMMUNITY
    2. huitcinq
    3. boscelts34
    4. RangerC
    5. bbbomb
    6. gravycakes
    7. carson8184
    8. sheriffolds
    9. zmcdiarmid
    10. OrdaNation
    11. laggard
    12. NickRock21
    13. westcoastbills
    14. klemmentine
    15. schwilly19
    16. miket0602
    17. ironriver
    18. louiescards
    19. thetitanlb
    20. tcottrill

Elimintated
    DontThrowPick6
    mpeacher23
    brady4president
    dabsandfrags

• thetitanlb

Well it took Rousey losing for me to advance. Ill take it i guess lol

• xMiami2Ibiza

who ended up winning season 1? was it bbbomb or mpeacher23?

• xMiami2Ibiza

if bbbomb won i think we should all boycott his blog, call him a cheat, and go follow fury’s fight picks. jus’ sayin’.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@xMiami2Ibiza said...

if bbbomb won i think we should all boycott his blog, call him a cheat, and go follow fury’s fight picks. jus’ sayin’.

Lol, people don’t know you’re joking Brent…you’re joking right? Hahaha. Mpeacher actually won the first season, although I tried my hardest to take it down. Hopefully this year.

• tcottrill

Wow… talk about just sneaking through.

• xMiami2Ibiza

for the record i was just kidding. and since you weren’t first you were last in the words of Ricky Bobby.

thanks for putting this together though

• DabsAndFrags

wtb consolation prize

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Invites sent for episode 2

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Link to Episode 2: https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/15069101?uc=229524867

• heartman

Do we have a group sharing lineups or is it coincidence that 5 players have the same lineup?

• thetitanlb

This card is off….I dont know how that was stopped.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).