MAIN FORUM

Comments

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

A champion has been crowned! Thanks for a great season!

1st- Schwilly19
    2nd- laggard
    3rd- NickRock21

Eliminated:
    zbullsmoke
    sheriffolds
    huitcinq
    louiescards
    ironriver
    bbbomb
    gravycakes
    OrdaNation
    boscelts34
    westcoastbills
    carson8184
    RangerC
    zmcdiarmid
    tcottrill
    miket0602
    klemmentine
    thetitanlb
    DontThrowPick6
    mpeacher23
    brady4president
    dabsandfrags

Hey everybody,

For those who weren’t around earlier this year, I ran Season 1 of the The Ultimate Fighter- DFS Edition, which was a Daily Fantasy MMA survivor tournament loosely based around the reality show “The Ultimate Fighter.” That tournament was very successful and I received enough feedback to warrant running it for a second time. If you’d like to read the thread from the first season, click here.

Unlike last time, which was FREE, I’ve decided to make this contest $20 to enter. I will hold all payments in PayPal throughout the competition and will pay out to the winners at the completion of the tournament. Right now, I’m thinking we should make this a top-heavy tournament, with payouts awarded to the top three finishers who make the finale. I’m open to suggestions on this.

Contest Structure:

This is a seven-week survivor tournament that eliminates a small number of entrants each time. Currently, we are at 24 entries, which means there is a prize pool of $480. Here is the payout:

1st- $240
    2nd- $160
    3rd- $80

Please review the schedule and advancement section to see how many players advance past each week.

Tiebreaking Procedure

In the schedule, I’ve listed the number of people who enter and advance each week. IF YOU TIE for the place of advancement, you will advance. That means in Episode 1, even though 20 people are scheduled to advance, if 3 players happen to tie for 20th place, they will all advance and enter Episode 2.

If there is a tie in the finale, we will continue to play a h2h or 3-man game until a winner is determined. If there is a tie for 2nd and 3rd place in the finale, I will award them a split of 2nd and 3rd place money, which is $120 per person.

Immunity:

The winners of episode 1, 2 and 3 will be granted immunity for the following episode. This means the winner of episode 1 will be safe from elimination during episode 2. The winner of episode 2 will be safe from elimination during episode 3, and so on. The last chance to earn immunity is during episode 3, in which that winner will be safe during episode 4.

If there is a tie for first place, immunity will not be granted. There must be an outright winner to earn immunity.

Schedule and Advancement:

Episode 1: November 14, Rousey vs. Holm (24 enter, 20 advance) COMPLETED

Episode 2: November 21, Brown vs. Gastelum (20 enter, 16 advance) COMPLETED

Episode 3: November 28, Henderson vs. Alves (16 enter, 12 advance) COMPLETED

Episode 4: December 10, Namajunas vs. VanZant (12 enter, 8 advance) COMPLETED

Episode 5: December 12, Aldo vs. McGregor (8 enter, 5 advance) COMPLETED

Episode 6: December 19, Dos Anjos vs. Cerrone (5 enter, 3 advances)

FINALE- Episode 7: January 2, Lawler vs. Condit (3 enter, 1 winner)

Current Entrant List:

1. bbbomb
    2. zmcdiarmid
    3. zbullsmoke
    4. gravycakes
    5. carson8184
    6. miket0602
    7. ironriver
    8. louiescards
    9. tcottrill
    10. klemmentine
    11. mpeacher23
    12. dabsandfrags
    13. Boscelts34
    14. DontThrowPick6
    15. westcoastbills
    16. NickRock21
    17. brady4president
    18. laggard
    19. RangerC
    20. sherrifolds
    21. thetitanlb
    22. OrdaNation
    23. Schwilly19
    24. huitcinq

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

We’re Down To The Final 5! Stay tuned for my recap blog!

Still Alive
    NickRock21
    sheriffolds
    Schwilly19
    laggard
    zbullsmoke

Eliminated:
    huitcinq
    louiescards
    ironriver
    bbbomb
    gravycakes
    OrdaNation
    boscelts34
    westcoastbills
    carson8184
    RangerC
    zmcdiarmid
    tcottrill
    miket0602
    klemmentine
    thetitanlb
    DontThrowPick6
    mpeacher23
    brady4president
    dabsandfrags

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Link to Episode 5 (I am only a moderator) https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/17199770?uc=266288377

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Link to recap blog: https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/the-ultimate-fighter-dfs-edition-season-2-recap-1040468

• sheriffolds

Had a blast in the contest good luck to the final three. Ill play next time for sure.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Link to the finale: https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/18239307?uc=286819523

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

A champion has been crowned! Thanks for a great season!

1st- Schwilly19
    2nd- laggard
    3rd- NickRock21

Eliminated:
    zbullsmoke
    sheriffolds
    huitcinq
    louiescards
    ironriver
    bbbomb
    gravycakes
    OrdaNation
    boscelts34
    westcoastbills
    carson8184
    RangerC
    zmcdiarmid
    tcottrill
    miket0602
    klemmentine
    thetitanlb
    DontThrowPick6
    mpeacher23
    brady4president
    dabsandfrags

• Schwilly19

Ahh Hell yeah. The night started out rough with the Noke decision, but Condit was the real hero for my team, and fight fans everywhere. Looking forward to defending the belt next season, and thank you BBBOMB for setting these up.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).