Comments

• whodat2

When: August 18-21

Where: Greensboro, North Carolina

Course: Sedgefield CC | A par 70 playing at 7117 yards

Last Year’s Winner: Si Woo Kim at -21

Last Year’s Cut: -3

Coverage: PGATourLive | Golf channel | CBS

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• whodat2

This course will be quite the contrast from Quail Hollow.

• Ndepompei

Snedeker playing?

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

I hope to god people chase Si Woo for the one week he showed up to play last year! He is one of those guys that the course doesn’t so much matter as if he shows up to play or not. Tons of talent but def weak between the ears and gives up at the drop of a hat.

• monarch

@PuddinCheeks said...

I hope to god people chase Si Woo for the one week he showed up to play last year! He is one of those guys that the course doesn’t so much matter as if he shows up to play or not. Tons of talent but def weak between the ears and gives up at the drop of a hat.

He’s not playing…so ya, that would be awesome!

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

He’s not playing…so ya, that would be awesome!

Even better! I don’t have to worry about a luckbox event from a super high owned chase!

So do you think someday in a few years we will see something like this on a broadcast when Si Woo is magically getting TV time again.

• Bastardo

Always sad when the majors are over

• NoLimits0

Feels like Kisner dominates this week.

• superstars92

My man Bill Haas gonna tear up this golf course and set a DFS record this week.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

might be the first time stenson is ever the highest priced golfer in a pga tour event.

• Ndepompei

Bud cauley wins

• mitchsnyderdfw

Who’s gonna pay $9K+ for the KSDT?

• WidumBoise

Wyndham Clark Invitational

• apeterson8809

RG Overall Ranking

• Blogger of the Month

@Ndepompei said...

Bud cauley wins

• silentanddeadly

@superstars92 said...

My man Bill Haas gonna tear up this golf course and set a DFS record this week.

Bill Haas always sucks as a favorite – it’s when he is playing a good field and costs under $7500 where he returns value – when he is north of $9000, he blows chunks

• savedatmoneyquan

Bordello of a week last week for me and deserved without much research put in, hoping to get back on it this week

• superstars92

@silentanddeadly said...

Bill Haas always sucks as a favorite – it’s when he is playing a good field and costs under $7500 where he returns value – when he is north of $9000, he blows chunks

Oh I meant a “personal” DFS record for him this week =). It’s kind of a joke if you have read my other Haas’ posts here.

It’ll be funny if he won this tourney though. He actually can given it’s such a weak field. In fact, I am more inclined to choose Haas here at 9k then sub-7.5k at the other tournaments.

Haas is so interesting. He’s played in EVERY single Major the last 7 full calendar years (2011-2017 inclusive) and every single WGC event except 1 the last 7 years and is ranked top 40 in the world, but if he and Tony Finau were the same price, Finau would get 100% of my votes and Finau would get like a 90/10% split from the general population. If him and Hoffman, Stanley, etc. were the same price, they all would out split him. That’s DFS for ya’ll.

• bgraffunder

@superstars92 said...

Oh I meant a “personal” DFS record for him this week =). It’s kind of a joke if you have read my other Haas’ posts here.

It’ll be funny if he won this tourney though. He actually can given it’s such a weak field. In fact, I am more inclined to choose Haas here at 9k then sub-7.5k at the other tournaments.

Haas is so interesting. He’s played in EVERY single Major the last 7 full calendar years (2011-2017 inclusive) and every single WGC event except 1 the last 7 years and is ranked top 40 in the world, but if he and Tony Finau were the same price, Finau would get 100% of my votes and Finau would get like a 90/10% split from the general population. If him and Hoffman, Stanley, etc. were the same price, they all would out split him. That’s DFS for ya’ll.

This is a course that actually fits Bill Haas’ game as well since you don’t have to overpower the course and can put it in the middle of the fairway. I just looked through the field and this may be one of the weaker fields we have had in a while.

• superstars92

@bgraffunder said...

This is a course that actually fits Bill Haas’ game as well since you don’t have to overpower the course and can put it in the middle of the fairway. I just looked through the field and this may be one of the weaker fields we have had in a while.

Yea like I know Puddin hates Haas (even more than me it seems), but Haas might garner some decent ownership at this tourney. He should be straight up one of the Vegas’s favorites to win. 9k at this course for Haas is way >>>> than 7.5k at other golf courses. I doubt he’s 9k though. I think he’ll be 10kish or more, which makes choosing him harder.

Not recommending Haas right now (or recommending him), but I wouldn’t be surprised if I eventually chose him even though he’s usually on my DNP list.

• noddy

I’m getting the darts out for my selections

• Cooper08

• Blogger of the Month

Key to this week, predicting who hits the hole in one and having them on your roster, lol! Course has given up a high number of hole in ones over the last three tourneys (4,1,2). Also noted that the two par 5’s yielded a higher number of eagles last year vs previous years. Not sure why, perhaps pin position vs previous years but courses typically have similar pin positions year after year.

• silentanddeadly

Given the “strength” of this field, it’s more like the Breaking Wynd Championship

• bgraffunder

@superstars92 said...

Yea like I know Puddin hates Haas (even more than me it seems), but Haas might garner some decent ownership at this tourney. He should be straight up one of the Vegas’s favorites to win. 9k at this course for Haas is way >>>> than 7.5k at other golf courses. I doubt he’s 9k though. I think he’ll be 10kish or more, which makes choosing him harder.

Not recommending Haas right now (or recommending him), but I wouldn’t be surprised if I eventually chose him even though he’s usually on my DNP list.

Yeah I will be curious to see who gets the misprice treatment this week. There’s always 2 or 3 that are priced way too low relative to where they should be in the field.

• bgraffunder

Sad that this is the last full field cut event until October. Next week we are down to 125 with the start of the Fedex Playoffs.

• astauty

@bgraffunder said...

Sad that this is the last full field cut event until October. Next week we are down to 125 with the start of the Fedex Playoffs.

how long of a timeframe is there from the end of the fedex playoffs till the following season starts?

• bgraffunder

The tour championship is Sept. 21 to 24 and then usually the next season kicks off middle october. However, I play mostly cash and don’t do as well when there isn’t a full field as most of my edge is picking guys to make it through the cut.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).