PGA FORUM

Comments

• whodat2

When: October 24-27 (Starts Wednesday Evening)

Where: Chiba, Japan (13 hours ahead of EST)

Last Year’s Winner: This is an inaugural event

Cut Rules: This is a no cut event with only 78 players again

Course: Accordia Golf Narashino Country Club | A par 70 plating at 7041 yards

Coverage: Golf Channel

Google Doc

RG Golf Forum League

Happy Meal Standings

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – Golf strategy talk for this week’s contest. Post referring to last week’s contest will be moved to the correct thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Cincinnatibuck

Happy Meal Cup standings are updated. someclevername jumps to 1st place after winning the CJ Cup. Next week’s update may be delayed as I’ll be traveling early in the week.

• hautalak

All the Shugo? Have to imagine he’s played here before but don’t feel like doing any researching.

• byo34

Saw the Skins match (actually put a little bet on Day!) and it sounded like Tiger, Rory and Day were playing it for the first time, they played at a much faster speed than usual and they still didn’t really have much trouble on it. I know they are some of the best, but I am not sure course history would matter here, they all beat out Hideki who has played here before.

I’m not saying that this one skins game is the end all decider, and I’m sure there will be some Japanese player in the top 20 but I won’t be taking any.

• BrianVT

So, do we just find players similar to Jason Day?

I’m kidding – just nothing to go by for this….

• BrianVT

5 par 3s – Avg 179 (167 to 191)
    10 par 4s – Avg 477 (350 to 529)
    3 par 5s – Avg 585 (573 to 608)

• BrianVT

A few doglegs, but everything looks fairly straight, or straighten-able for these guys. There is some water, but probably only a factor on 2-3 holes.

• whodat2

Chiba Japan in October:

Average High – 71
    Average Low – 59
    Average Rain – 7.32 inches
    Only 11 Meters above sea level

• whodat2

• wigg_ESEA

RG Overall Ranking

Tree lined didn’t seem like much of a factor… long hitters again?

• mitchsnyderdfw

I like the how this course incorporates two greens per hole, used to be a course by me that did the same. That way you could theoretically have two different courses, one for Spring/Summer, the other for Fall/Winter.

• BrianVT

@mitchsnyderdfw said...

I like the how this course incorporates two greens per hole, used to be a course by me that did the same. That way you could theoretically have two different courses, one for Spring/Summer, the other for Fall/Winter.

…and if you hit the wrong green, you must take a relief drop.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

Field is stacked. Maybe best field all year outside of the Majors, Tour Championship, WGC events, and playoffs.

• shadowchap1978

Anyone know if they are having Yahoo contests this week??? I don’t see them in the lobby yet?

• dangasin

Hey look it’s tiger woods. $1 tiger woods h2h, I pick tiger you don’t. Anyone interested?

• Dunzor

Another strange week with middle of the night golf, no course history, no shot tracker and no cut. I’ll probably try to put together at least a short blog sometime tomorrow with some thoughts. I don’t really want to build a bunch of lineups for a no cut event but if they put up a $3 birdie with a nice structure again I might 20 max it just to get myself starting to think about player pool sizing and stuff

• Pbasniper

@dangasin said...

Hey look it’s tiger woods. $1 tiger woods h2h, I pick tiger you don’t. Anyone interested?

Always, spam me an invite username on DK same as here.

• BerkeleyBoss

@shadowchap1978 said...

Anyone know if they are having Yahoo contests this week??? I don’t see them in the lobby yet?

They’re there, I entered last night.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

Whoa, the script for pricing really changed on this one for the youngsters (since it follows mostly Vegas odds, I guess Vegas doesn’t like them as much). Pricing for Hovland, Morikawa, Niemann, and Wolff WAY down from before. Wolff is swimming with the scrubs now, and Woodland is now higher priced than Morikawa after being lower last week. In fact, Paul Casey is higher than all of them.

• dangasin

@Pbasniper said...

Always, spam me an invite username on DK same as here.

You’ve been spammed

• lfn1992

Me every week now in DFG

• dangasin

Tony Finau chalk?

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

If people like Matthew Wolff at like 8.9k or so last week, they must love him at like low 7ks right?

• byo34

@superstars92 said...

If people like Matthew Wolff at like 8.9k or so last week, they must love him at like low 7ks right?

I think I will only take Wolff in Par 72s. He does his damage on par 5s.

• wigg_ESEA

RG Overall Ranking

MIKUMU HORIKAWA – Hope people take him thinking they took MORIKAWA

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.