MAIN FORUM

• otcprofits

With few hours left they only need 10K more entries…. I put the line at 65000 foir next weeks their is no way a top heavy tourney can fill again… Even big name players will not throw money weekly at this… do you agree?

• tgowen

• Blogger of the Month

I don’t want to be a rain cloud or anything, but can you imagine the shit storm that would ensue if DK gave out tens of thousands of dollars worth of free tickets while other people are spending thousands of dollars to be part of this? Not to mention (guess I did mention) the action of deciding who to give tickets away to, and the scrutiny that would follow for those that did not get one. I firmly believe DK is fine eating the overlay that may exist as they work on gauging the level of interest in this type of GPP.

• emac

@djw2033 said...

Honestly at this point I don’t see why they just don’t hand some out? There 40k short with 14 hours to go .. I’m not looking for handouts but from a promotional standpoint aren’t they gonna eat a lot of money anyway ..imagine getting a email for a free ticket to thank you for being a loyal customer.. It could pay them
    Back In spades over time.

Not a bad idea…though I suspect the worry would be that people would start to expect this.

Like you, I figured a few more freeroll ticket contests targeting the various affiliate sites would have been more in play.

25k entries needed in 3.5 hours…of course once I put in my entries it will be 24,990, so they have that going for them!

• noddy

I doubled my entries from last week…1 to 2 so I’m doing my part. Hope it gets close to filling.

• ajcarter

I am staying away this week. Just putting 10 lineups into the flea flicker instead…

• djw2033

@emac said...

Not a bad idea…though I suspect the worry would be that people would start to expect this.

Like you, I figured a few more freeroll ticket contests targeting the various affiliate sites would have been more in play.

25k entries needed in 3.5 hours…of course once I put in my entries it will be 24,990, so they have that going for them!

I think it benifits them nothing at all to have a huge overlay. I equate it to teams handing out tickets to go to games last minute to radio stations and give – aways. Does it suck for the people that bought tickets? Yes, But if one person buys a future ticket after getting a free one … It’s better then no one ever sitting in the seat and them losing money… Sadly as a 76ers fan I see this often.. Depending on the next couple hours I really think they may still offer something(or they should at least) being as this site brings them so much repeat customers.

• FatalError

DraftKings Rep

We won’t be doing anything special for this contest. Good luck to those playing!

• Russthabus26

Yeah doesn’t look like you will need to. It gets 83k plus for sure.

• noddy

They are only losing $216,000 with an hour and a half to go. It won’t be too bad.

• bobbyrogers46

You guys do know that DraftDay has a free entry million dollar contest weekly also? Competeing against 90,000 other entries means to win the million on DraftKings, you prolly have to have a near perfect lineup anyhow.

• sjfx19

they just crossed 81.5k entries. 81500 × 27$ an entry = 2200500$. this weeks MM has just become profitable for DK.

• djw2033

@emac said...

just thought of a good idea(or so i think). wouldn’t it be cool idea for a hockey survival tournament for free tickets? it would show people what the daily NHL grind is like early in the season and hopefully build up there player pool for the least played sport moving forward. i don’t know why i just thought back to this but i thought it would be a cool idea benefiting players and DK.

• donkshow

Round 3 this weekend coming up. I bet it fills.

• alsmizzle

• 2013 RotoGrinders TPOY Champion

RG Overall Ranking

• $1M Prize Winner

@donkshow said...

Round 3 this weekend coming up. I bet it fills.

as long as they get to or near the breakeven point (roughly 81450 entries) they’ll just keep going. I don’t think DK knows how to sit back and not push the envelope. It’s pretty amazing to see how aggressive they are..and that it’s working.

• blackcloud420

Flea Flicker > millionaire maker. DK is slowly stealing ALL my NFL acton. 5 bucks into 25k with 37k less people?…..Ummmm what. YES please.

• djw2033

@alsmizzle said...

as long as they get to or near the breakeven point (roughly 81450 entries) they’ll just keep going. I don’t think DK knows how to sit back and not push the envelope. It’s pretty amazing to see how aggressive they are..and that it’s working.

my call is 79,802

• HungryHungryHip

It’s barely over 30,000 with under 48 hours left. What was it at this point last week? Seems like it was more at this point(50,000???) either way doesn’t look like it’s going to hit 80,000 like last week. I’ve got 10 tickets to it and might buy 2 more depending on my lineup constructions

• blackcloud420

@HungryHungryHip said...

It’s barely over 30,000 with under 48 hours left. What was it at this point last week? Seems like it was more at this point(50,000???) either way doesn’t look like it’s going to hit 80,000 like last week. I’ve got 10 tickets to it and might buy 2 more depending on my lineup constructions

Yeah this aint filling. It overlays hard enough I might actually play it.

• djw2033

@blackcloud420 said...

Yeah this aint filling. It overlays hard enough I might actually play it.

How slow this thing is filling I woulda thought they would have done another one of those surprise free rolls .. Dk may still brew up something for cfb to hand out some tix

• djw2033

that banner on the front page wont hurt.

• NCRick

@djw2033 said...

How slow this thing is filling I woulda thought they would have done another one of those surprise free rolls .. Dk may still brew up something for cfb to hand out some tix

I will be waiting patiently!

• djw2033

@NCRick said...

I will be waiting patiently!

not sure…70k is even looking like a stretch …surprised dk hasnt made a move yet

• FatalError

DraftKings Rep

@djw2033 said...

not sure…70k is even looking like a stretch …surprised dk hasnt made a move yet

When a contest is going to be overlaying the overlay is usually a pretty good incentive to play :)

If you think it’s going to hit 70k or less we’re going to be adding over $300k to the prize pool so you should fire up a few lineups and come get some of our money!

• djw2033

@FatalError said...

When a contest is going to be overlaying the overlay is usually a pretty good incentive to play :)

If you think it’s going to hit 70k or less we’re going to be adding over $300k to the prize pool so you should fire up a few lineups and come get some of our money!

Haha you don’t have to sell me .. Your the best site out there by far .. No one close IMHO

• tianyihe

39k with less than 24h to go. If the field is less than 65k, it’s ev isn’t much worse than the other contests.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).