NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, 10/10
    8:20 PM EST : NY Giants ( 15.5 ) at New England ( -15.5 ) —- T: 44.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superstars92

@JSteele said...

His career stats show about a 98-99 QB rating in these current conditions. However, his one cold game this season was the Buffalo game. I know Buffalo has a legitimate defense but maybe Brady has a poor game and throws a couple of picks in the wind today.

Yea Brady obviously isn’t the same QB as he was with his arm strength in his prime so it could affect him in a bit in the wind. His mobility also isn’t as good (it was never good, but probably got a bit worse). But I imagine Bellicek schemes it really well so that the defense has major problems in the slippery conditions which can actually leave a WR wide open. I imagine Brady should be like 80% owned, and rightfully so.

• realphipps

Brady has been bad when pressured, but has been very good vs the blitz this year.

34/63 for 538 yards, 5tds, 1int vs the blitz this season.

• ASitar

Are people considering Giants D? Just go down to Latimer or Penny. Brady’s barely gotten his shirt dirty and they may not be throwing as much. Kill the clock and move onto next week. Latimer could be very involved in the passing game today, he’s been on the field for 46% of the snaps and has run 106 routes and Penny will get more work than Hillman, catches passes and is familiar with the system.

• JSteele

@ASitar said...

Are people considering Giants D? Just go down to Latimer or Penny. Brady’s barely gotten his shirt dirty and they may not be throwing as much. Kill the clock and move onto next week. Latimer could be very involved in the passing game today, he’s been on the field for 46% of the snaps and has run 106 routes and Penny will get more work than Hillman, catches passes and is familiar with the system.

I’m considering it.

Rain -> Slippery conditions -> wet ball -> fumbles
    Wind -> shorter passes -> easier to pick six

It could also be a lower scoring game.

Also Penny is more expensive than Giants D.

Also isn’t Latimer more of a deep threat? There won’t be any deep passes today with wind over 20

• XxHeisenbergxX

I live in RI 45 minutes from the stadium..its not as windy as it was today and the rain for now has stopped. It suppose to be crappy here tomorrow as well so you probably will see rain and the wind pick up at some point.

• Bay101

Any injury updates on Edelman and Gordon

• JSteele

@Bay101 said...

Any injury updates on Edelman and Gordon

Both Active

Out are Burkhead, Dorsett and Damien Harris

• callmetouch

A lot of people liking Ellison. Goodluck with that

• callmetouch

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1182427098058776576 beautiful

• S7ubs

I think the 3 giants you may want are slayton, Tate, penny and a little Daniel Jones. Wouldn’t really touch anyone else

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Seeing a lot penny over hilliman. Not sure why other than maybe DK pricing. at the same price who would you prefer?

• S7ubs

@callmetouch said...

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1182427098058776576 beautiful

Honestly don’t think the rain changes anything in the game. Not like you have many options to pivot too. Michele and White going to be highly owned regardless

• mtdurham

This is the worst showdown slate I’ve ever had the pleasure of building 20 lineups for.

I’m not sure if I’ll cash any of them.

• shades

Changed some of my lineups because of the weather.Watching NFL network and the weather looks great.Oh boy

• shades

I hear ya mt,With so many cheap options on both sides of the ball its almost impossible to figure out which one goes off or at least puts up 15 pts.Lattimore or Slayton?Coin flip.Tough

• ASitar

I’m still rolling with my 4 RB LU. I don’t trust the weather. I’m still reading 90% chance of heavy rain. My sleeper is Lacosse. I’m off Izzo.

• callmetouch

The type of game where its beautiful passing weather in the 1st half and heavy rain in the 2nd half.

• SixohTwo

This is the one showdown slate where I do expect 3,000+ #1 lineups

• shades

Not a bad way to go Asitar.I have 3 rb’s in many lineups.Basically Michel,White and scattered Hillman and Penny.The weather took me off Gordon but have to have him a few based on what I am seeing.Lacosse is a good sleeper.Giants players are the biggest wildcard.You know one of them will do good.Who No clue

• S7ubs

@SixohTwo said...

This is the one showdown slate where I do expect 3,000+ #1 lineups

Possibly. Could also see many unique lineups because literally any patriot could catch a Td. I also think the majority of folk with be 4/2 5/1 patriots and something unexpected, as usual could occur. I think this slate is a lot trickier than it appears. Obviously if the chalk hits then yes. 3,000 number 1s

• shades

Penny or Hillman?..Slayton or Lattimore?Like Ellison as one Giant play.

• ASitar

O/U keeps on dropping. Opened at 45 then down to 42 and now some books have 40.5. Like I said earlier, Pats will establish a run and pepper Edelman on 3rd down but the GMen won’t be able to move the ball. I can see the whole 4th Q turning out like the 4th Q for the Browns on Monday, just stuck in mud. I like the Pats to win 27-13 w 2 White or Michel TDs and a Lacosse TD and hopefully Penny gets 1 of the 2 Giants late TDs. GL

• Wynter12

Most of us will look at this game with some floor of logic. But by the end of the night, Hilliman will be the winning CPT because he ran for 100+ yards,2 TDs and a few catches. Showdown rarely cares about my carefully laid plans lol

• callmetouch

Ellison will be like 20% if this continues

• Dr_Gonzo

@shades said...

Penny or Hillman?..Slayton or Lattimore?Like Ellison as one Giant play.

Penny/Slayton

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).