NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, 10/24
    8:20 PM EST : Washington ( 16 ) at Minnesota ( -16 ) —- T: 41

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• S7ubs

Minny side of things look pretty easy. Might have some lineups with both D’s Washington’s D isn’t that bad and this is a perfect let down spot for ole Kirk. MVP for a few weeks to a bum.

AP revenge game? Might have him in 1 but I’m not for old RBs with not a ton of upside.

• JustDFSin

@S7ubs said...

Minny side of things look pretty easy. Might have some lineups with both D’s Washington’s D isn’t that bad and this is a perfect let down spot for ole Kirk. MVP for a few weeks to a bum.

AP revenge game? Might have him in 1 but I’m not for old RBs with not a ton of upside.

I thought AP had a high ankle sprain? The run game against minnesota front 7 would DOA.

• bigez952

AP does have a high ankle sprain and questionable for this game. All the revenge in the world won’t really help him out in this one. If you want the revenge game narrative just play Kirk Cousins in the revenge against the Redskins who didn’t believe in him.

• S7ubs

@bigez952 said...

AP does have a high ankle sprain and questionable for this game. All the revenge in the world won’t really help him out in this one. If you want the revenge game narrative just play Kirk Cousins in the revenge against the Redskins who didn’t believe in him.

Forgot about Kirks revenge. I don’t like AP healthy or not. Would play him in 1 just because I do a lot of lineups and well why not 1

• superjon

Anyone dumb (or maybe smart) enough to fade Cook?

Seems like the early consensus across different sites is that he’s such a great play. I never know what to do in these spots. Just play him because everyone else is, and good chance he ends up in a winning LU even if he does average.

Or fade him because everyone else is playing him and hope he does below average.

• S7ubs

@superjon said...

Anyone dumb (or maybe smart) enough to fade Cook?

Seems like the early consensus across different sites is that he’s such a great play. I never know what to do in these spots. Just play him because everyone else is, and good chance he ends up in a winning LU even if he does average.

Or fade him because everyone else is playing him and hope he does below average.

If you’re doing multiple entries you can fade in a lineup or two just to be contrarian. May work out because well it’s DFS and a showdown, ha. Would never fade him in cash

• superjon

@S7ubs said...

If you’re doing multiple entries you can fade in a lineup or two just to be contrarian. May work out because well it’s DFS and a showdown, ha. Would never fade him in cash

I’m only doing 6 for GPPs and so far none have him, and I really like these LUs.

little under 12 hours to change my mind

• NDNole

@superjon

I think we have seen enough of cook to know its probably not a good idea to fade. However, if he stumbles that’s a massive massive edge. Skins D is not as bad as advertised, I agree but they are giving up a TD to cook and maybe his backup too. 6 lineups you want to play the fade game I totally get it and im on board with the high risk high reward moves like that that win these things. But If I were you I’d have one lineup with him in out of the five. That way you took the needed risk heavily in 5/6 lineups and hedged in one.

• superjon

@NDNole said...

@superjon

I think we have seen enough of cook to know its probably not a good idea to fade. However, if he stumbles that’s a massive massive edge. Skins D is not as bad as advertised, I agree but they are giving up a TD to cook and maybe his backup too. 6 lineups you want to play the fade game I totally get it and im on board with the high risk high reward moves like that that win these things. But If I were you I’d have one lineup with him in out of the five. That way you took the needed risk heavily in 5/6 lineups and hedged in one.

I think it plays out 2 ways.

He’s good/average and there’s a ton of ties

He’s bad and I win it all

• NDNole

@superjon

Zero fault in that. That’s how showdowns are won. Personally I hope you finish 2nd (To me of course lol) but if I don’t win………good fortune to ya. Im only playing one lineup.

• JustDFSin

@superjon said...

I think it plays out 2 ways.

He’s good/average and there’s a ton of ties

He’s bad and I win it all

With these showdowns you really never know. I remember playing the showdown last year and brees threw 3 Td all to back upreceivers who would were priced less than 1 k.

• TrustinthePlan

I think playing both D’s and Mattieson isn’t a bad play. Out of the big 3 for Minny, I think a case for fading Diggs could be made since he will see plenty of Norman if he plays. If Norman doesn’t play, I think Cousins, Cook, and Diggs will all be chalk city.

• NDNole

Norman is no longer a deterrent as in past years.

• S7ubs

@superjon said...

I’m only doing 6 for GPPs and so far none have him, and I really like these LUs.

little under 12 hours to change my mind

Bold move cotton. If he doesn’t go off you will have an advantage over 80% of the field, assuming who you replace him with produces.

• Ace15

Playing both Cook/Mattison

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

So interesting narrative game, both Keenum and Cousins playing against their former teams. Not sure how that translates in terms of fantasy output though.

• hillfamily5

If you play Smallwood in the captain spot, it frees up soooooo much money

• Pbasniper

@NDNole said...

Norman is no longer a deterrent as in past years.

Wash D is #1 DVOA against WR1 this season so Norman is in fact still a deterent.

• Because of Quinton Dunbar

• superjon

@S7ubs said...

Bold move cotton. If he doesn’t go off you will have an advantage over 80% of the field, assuming who you replace him with produces.

Yeah. And this isn’t my normal stand of oh it’s a terrible play

He’s good. Match up is fine. Everything is in his favor.

• NDNole

@Pbasniper

If you see above I am already on record saying Wash D is not as bad as advertised. As for Norman he is “In fact” not a deterrent at all if you watch any film and I will stand by that. The D overall is playing decent despite crummy overall play from the teams offense.

• superjon

I added one more with Cook but not in the MVP and left a lot of money on the table.

• squidkill

“”“”“”“”“”““Wash D is #1 DVOA against WR1 this season so Norman is in fact still a deterent.

Its not Norman buddy- lol- its Dunbar

• callmetouch

So no one’s going to mention Vikings D might be the highest owned CPT?

• TrustinthePlan

@hillfamily5 said...

If you play Smallwood in the captain spot, it frees up soooooo much money

Same if you play Bailey…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.