NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, 11/14
    8:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 2.5 ) at Cleveland ( -2.5 ) —- T: 40.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Dunzor

Ah yes, another dumpster fire of a Thursday game….at least it looks like Connor will be back so he’s an easy lock but trying to sort out which team’s WRs I trust is a lot more difficult.

• emnj69

pitt qb is so bad it is scary baker has played poorly as well but at least he has an arm-juju to me is an easy fade so he will probably blow up and get 2tds lol

• sfguy21

I have zero idea what to do with this one

• Southie777

@sfguy21 said...

I have zero idea what to do with this one

Same. Think you pretty much have to lock in Pittsburgh D and Conner, even though they’ll be chalky.

• JSteele

I’m thinking this is a double RB, Steelers D and pick a few receivers.

• yisman

plan is to do a few entries to hopefully cross off the Steelers and Browns from TD Hunt

• Dunzor

@JSteele said...

I’m thinking this is a double RB, Steelers D and pick a few receivers.

Ya it is hard to like anyone in this game, and the only guys I know I want for sure are Connor & OBJ, but where I’m having trouble is what to do with the QBs. Typically in showdown you need to have one or both QBs for the winning lineup unless the game is super low scoring, but if you play either or both you have to skip at least one of the starting RBs. At the moment I’m leaning Connor / Mayfield / OBJ, plus maybe Hunt or a steelers receiver, but every build just looks so ugly

• JSteele

@Dunzor said...

Ya it is hard to like anyone in this game, and the only guys I know I want for sure are Connor & OBJ, but where I’m having trouble is what to do with the QBs. Typically in showdown you need to have one or both QBs for the winning lineup unless the game is super low scoring, but if you play either or both you have to skip at least one of the starting RBs. At the moment I’m leaning Connor / Mayfield / OBJ, plus maybe Hunt or a steelers receiver, but every build just looks so ugly

I just read that the Steelers want to get their TEs more involved on offense, so maybe Steelers D, Conner, McDonald on the Steelers side. I kind of like Seibert from the browns. I see the Browns having trouble in the red zone, but they may be able to move the ball with Chubb and short passes to Landry and Hunt.

• OSUmike03

I’m extremely tempted to not play either QB.

I hate that DK lets you play D/ST, but FD doesn’t.

• JSteele

@OSUmike03 said...

I’m extremely tempted to not play either QB.

I hate that DK lets you play D/ST, but FD doesn’t.

If you are playing both RBs you really don’t need to play the QBs. If they both have a floor game at like 10 points, it’s very possible both kickers outscore them.

• ValuableTrader

Doing 2 $10 lineups in the big tourney, 1 “Stiller” stack and 1 Brown stack.

GL boyz

• Messiah717

If you’re looking for a guy with the ability to break one it’s still Beckham. These Showdowns are nuts but he has the best chance of taking a slant 80 yards to the house. Juju has a solid matchup as well so maybe he puts a solid one together.

• Bnett2210

A lot of people seem to like Baker and the Browns passing game tonight. Maybe it’s just me being a homer Steelers fan, but as bad as there O-Line has been and as much pressure as the Steelers have been getting and bringing since Minkah coming over, the Defense has really been solid. I just see Baker being under a lot of pressure and having a few TO’s.

As for the Offense, they want to get McDonald more involved, so I could see Conner, McDonald, Diontae as solid plays, and in GPP if Mason tries to keep the connection going that him and Washington have been trying to carry over, then I think Washington could end up the highest scoring Pitt WR. It’s a division game so it could be a slow slug fest or just get really ugly favoring one team. Not just as a Steelers fan, but I lean that the Defense comes up big again and carries the team as long as Mason takes care of the ball.

• JSteele

@Bnett2210 said...

A lot of people seem to like Baker and the Browns passing game tonight. Maybe it’s just me being a homer Steelers fan, but as bad as there O-Line has been and as much pressure as the Steelers have been getting and bringing since Minkah coming over, the Defense has really been solid. I just see Baker being under a lot of pressure and having a few TO’s.

As for the Offense, they want to get McDonald more involved, so I could see Conner, McDonald, Diontae as solid plays, and in GPP if Mason tries to keep the connection going that him and Washington have been trying to carry over, then I think Washington could end up the highest scoring Pitt WR. It’s a division game so it could be a slow slug fest or just get really ugly favoring one team. Not just as a Steelers fan, but I lean that the Defense comes up big again and carries the team as long as Mason takes care of the ball.

Conner has traditionally smashed in this matchup before so i’m inclined to leave him at Captain, but it seems when the Steelers “want to do” something, they do it excessively. When they wanted Samuels more involved, he put 20+, when they wanted to throw more deep balls, the receivers were the right picks. Now they are saying they want Vance more involved, so…Vance Captain?

• Bnett2210

@JSteele said...

Conner has traditionally smashed in this matchup before so i’m inclined to leave him at Captain, but it seems when the Steelers “want to do” something, they do it excessively. When they wanted Samuels more involved, he put 20+, when they wanted to throw more deep balls, the receivers were the right picks. Now they are saying they want Vance more involved, so…Vance Captain?

I’m not sure I would go as far as the captain with it but it would def pay off, if we get him going like they have done every time they come out and say what they want to do. I like Conner as Captain and I’m probably going to have Steelers D as Captain some as well, I’m just hoping they take advantage of a bad o-line and keep Getting hits on Baker and force him into bad decisions. Since week 3 the D hasn’t had less than 11 FPTS and there’s 2 games at 19 and one with 25 and the others at 13 and 14 against better offenses. Maybe I’m just being stubborn and a homer but I just don’t see how they don’t come out for a division game and carry the Offense and stay around that 12-16 FPTS.

Edit: as slow or ugly as this game could be, if the D scores 12-16 and with them as Captain that’s going to be more than probably everyone not a QB or RB IMO.

• JSteele

@Bnett2210 said...

I’m not sure I would go as far as the captain with it but it would def pay off, if we get him going like they have done every time they come out and say what they want to do. I like Conner as Captain and I’m probably going to have Steelers D as Captain some as well, I’m just hoping they take advantage of a bad o-line and keep Getting hits on Baker and force him into bad decisions. Since week 3 the D hasn’t had less than 11 FPTS and there’s 2 games at 19 and one with 25 and the others at 13 and 14 against better offenses. Maybe I’m just being stubborn and a homer but I just don’t see how they don’t come out for a division game and carry the Offense and stay around that 12-16 FPTS.

Edit: as slow or ugly as this game could be, if the D scores 12-16 and with them as Captain that’s going to be more than probably everyone not a QB or RB IMO.

I’m thinking the same way as you. I think Baker gets forced into poor decisions. Although they do have a new safety blanket with Kareem Hunt.

I might go off the wall for the $10 entry and put Vance at captain, and go safe for my other contests. There is a non zero chance they try to feed him the ball all over the field as well as in the red zone.

• ifthethunder

@Dunzor said...

but every build just looks so ugly

What he said.
    ~

• JSteele

Antonio Callaway waived.

His DK bio says “Freddie Kitchens said that his benching was a one time thing for week 10.”

• Bnett2210

@JSteele said...

I’m thinking the same way as you. I think Baker gets forced into poor decisions. Although they do have a new safety blanket with Kareem Hunt.

I might go off the wall for the $10 entry and put Vance at captain, and go safe for my other contests. There is a non zero chance they try to feed him the ball all over the field as well as in the red zone.

Yea I done one with Vance as Captain after you mentioned it. I do like Hunt and Chubb both really, they can both have a decent game and it still be ugly lol. I hope it plays out the way I’m picturing it with Baker being under constant pressure, if somehow they don’t get pressure for the first time this year against a bad O-line then the Browns passing game could put some numbers up. I’m basically staking my lineups on the fact I think the Steelers D is too much for the Browns O-line and Baker, if it goes wrong then imma die on that hill. I just think 9/10 times the way it’s been for the D that they will overwhelm the Browns O-line.

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Antonio Calloway is gone from the Browns as of 30 minutes ago. They cut him today. I knew when they benched him last week at the Bills Gabe for being late, plus his prior suspension for drugs, they were about to do this.

• LuckyChuck467

Here’s a YouTube video about Kareem Hunt last week.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0e_bLhPfV4

I’m a long time KC Chiefs fan and I’m confident Hunt will score some TDs this year, even as RB2. He is still powerful and determined, though I’m not sure if he’s lost a step. He’s only 24 years old.

It certainly looks like the Browns have designed several ways to utilize his talents.

I’m just a dime and quarter GPP player, trying to learn the ropes, but he’s captain on several LUs for me.

Good luck to all!

• realphipps

Chubb is getting 20+ touches. It doesn’t matter the score (it will be low) or how much Hunt sees the field. Chubb is getting his regardless.

Steelers D is hitting on all cylinders lately, but I’ll wager Chubb hits big on at least 1 out of those 20+ touches.

• marker0357

anyone like Steelers straight up besides me?

• shades

Higgins might be worth a shot now with Calloway gone…

• Dr_Gonzo

RSJ active. Not sure how to feel about this, wonder if he will be limited

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).