NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, September 19th
    8:20 PM EST : Tennessee ( -1.5 ) at Jacksonville ( 1.5 ) —- T: 39.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• joephoto

Can’t wait to watch this exciting Thurday night matchup !

• callmetouch

@joephoto said...

Can’t wait to watch this exciting Thurday night matchup !

• PaperStacking92

Should be a better game than the last one bucs/panthers

• JSteele

Jags play a lot of zone so that should benefit some guys like Delanie Walker, and Henry.

• Johnsonnoa73

Here comes the crazy….fade Fournette and Henry in favor of pass catchers. I like Jags outside guys and if delanie walker vultures redzone targets we are golden

• Dr_Gonzo

@Johnsonnoa73 said...

Here comes the crazy….fade Fournette and Henry in favor of pass catchers. I like Jags outside guys and if delanie walker vultures redzone targets we are golden

I can see fading Fournette. Henry though, I don’t think so. Only reason would be to hedge against injury.

• JSteele

I actually think Jags win this one. I kind of like Chark, Conley and Minshew. I don’t see it being a huge scoring game, but Jags at home and I think Ramsey comes to play if he isn’t traded before tomorrow.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

They’re calling for 15-20 MPH sustained winds (with gusts up to 30). Possible rain. Not a great spot for the (deep) passing game or kickers. RB’s, slot/short route receivers/tight ends and defenses.

• Johnsonnoa73

@Stewburtx8 said...

They’re calling for 15-20 MPH sustained winds (with gusts up to 30). Possible rain. Not a great spot for the (deep) passing game or kickers. RB’s, slot/short route receivers/tight ends and defenses.

I definitely would rather not play a kicker but its a showdown and I wouldn’t fade a deep threat that could break the slate becauae of wind. I’m still much higher on passing game because both teams are going to stack the box here.

• Johnsonnoa73

@JSteele said...

I actually think Jags win this one. I kind of like Chark, Conley and Minshew. I don’t see it being a huge scoring game, but Jags at home and I think Ramsey comes to play if he isn’t traded before tomorrow.

I’ve finished my decision making and I REALLY like Westbrook actually. Probably not as a captain but he is a wr1 still at insanely cheap price and you can get nearly any combo of rbs or qbs you want with him plugged in.

• ASitar

Hopefully I get a better bounce, catch or run tonight. If Robbie A would have caught that TD Monday I probably would have won the SD (Robbie at C and came in 10 points from 1st). Gotta make LUs in these that have a long shot to hit, the right chalk, boom or bust guy at C (or the most likely 25+ point guy). No Marriotta, good amount of O’Shaughnessy and Chark. Love Tenn D, but have a couple of LUs w Minshew and a few JVille WRs. Love Minshew because he puts up points w his legs. Leave a few thou on the table in a few LUs. Build for 12-9 type of game, build for possible shootout. Very little Fournette. 1 guy that could break me is Corey Davis. He’s not getting any looks but he could do a lot w 4 catches. Love love Brown, no JVille D. Sorry to ramble, just my thoughts on my builds so far. I do 6-7 DK Showdowns.

• monarch

I guess I’m against the grain here. I like the Jags side….I think they are better than the Titans and Fournette/Jags D will be where I’m looking.

Tomorrow morning will the Jags be 0-3 and throwing in the towel with the Titans 2-1 or will both teams be 1-2? It just feels like these are 1-2 teams. I dont think the Titans will move the ball tonight.

• Johnsonnoa73

I agree 100% Fournette is my MVP Lock and the pass catchers are so blah I really like the 2 qb strategy tonight because of their floor with rushing

• FunkMac

@Johnsonnoa73 said...

I agree 100% Fournette is my MVP Lock and the pass catchers are so blah I really like the 2 qb strategy tonight because of their floor with rushing

You certainly completely change your mind quick.

• FunkMac

I think this a game where you to have the same kind of builds on both teams because it’s such a coin flip and the teams are so similar. I’ll have a few Henry/Titans and a few Fournette/Jags builds. Everything (wind/rain, division opponent, short week) points to a low scoring, defensive struggle. So I will definitely have a few contrarian shootout lineups just in case because the NFL is insane.

• Johnsonnoa73

@FunkMac said...

I think this a game where you to have the same kind of builds on both teams because it’s such a coin flip and the teams are so similar. I’ll have a few Henry/Titans and a few Fournette/Jags builds. Everything (wind/rain, division opponent, short week) points to a low scoring, defensive struggle. So I will definitely have a few contrarian shootout lineups just in case because the NFL is insane.

I did change my mind about Fournette because he’s a pass catcher and I want the guy with the most chances in this dumpster fire. I remain a full fade on Henry however.

• JSteele

I’m not sold Fournette should be MVP/Captain. He will get 15 rushes and maybe 4-6 targets. Plus I think the way to attack the Titans is through the air and not on the ground. Plus the Jags haven’t rushed it once inside the red zone this season. I think if you go Jags, your captain should be Chark, Westbrook, Conley, or Minshew. If you go Titans, Henry makes a lot of sense as capt.

For cheapies, I like the Jags TEs. O’Shaughnessy or Swaim

• JSteele

@Johnsonnoa73 said...

I did change my mind about Fournette because he’s a pass catcher and I want the guy with the most chances in this dumpster fire. I remain a full fade on Henry however.

May I ask why you are fading Henry?

• Johnsonnoa73

@JSteele said...

May I ask why you are fading Henry?

I don’t think Henry is even a good rb skill-set wise and he’s priced like Le’veon Bell while facing a currently under-ranked Jags defense and he’s projected massive ownership it sounds like. It can bite me, but an expensive guy who can easily bust at high-ownership is an easy fade for me. Everyone’s playing both ruining backs but I think Fournette could see 8-10 targets if Minshew starts hitting short passes which I think will be the case.

• JSteele

@Johnsonnoa73 said...

I don’t think Henry is even a good rb skill-set wise and he’s priced like Le’veon Bell while facing a currently under-ranked Jags defense and he’s projected massive ownership it sounds like. It can bite me, but an expensive guy who can easily bust at high-ownership is an easy fade for me. Everyone’s playing both ruining backs but I think Fournette could see 8-10 targets if Minshew starts hitting short passes which I think will be the case.

Fair enough. I do think there is some valid points in there. Last season the Jags at home were able to shut him down. I like Henry for showdown just because the Titans are very run heavy so he should be a lock for 20-80 and then maybe he gets a TD or two. He won’t have the passing upside that Fournette does, but a TD would more than make up for it.

• monarch

This game is gross. One of my favorite plays is Humphries lol

• Boneys2000

@Stewburtx8 said...

Thanks for the tip.

• Newbie123

• 2015 FanDuel CFB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@Johnsonnoa73 said...

Fournette hasnt had 8 targets his entire career why would that change because his QB sucks. He played with bortles last year

• callmetouch

@Stewburtx8 said...

So stack both kickers and fade defense? Mariota at captain with all the WR’s.

• ASitar

2nd game these two teams played each other last year Henry had 17 carries for 238 rushing yards and 4 TDs. But if you watched that game the Jags were tanking. I have Henry 5 of 6 LUs. O’Shaughnessy is my fave play for the price.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).