NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, September 19th
    8:20 PM EST : Tennessee ( -1.5 ) at Jacksonville ( 1.5 ) —- T: 39.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Johnsonnoa73

@Newbie123 said...

Fournette hasnt had 8 targets his entire career why would that change because his QB sucks. He played with bortles last year

Part of gambling eh?

• Newbie123

• 2015 FanDuel CFB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@Johnsonnoa73 said...

Part of gambling eh?

fair point! Good luck to you!

• dmac37

@ASitar said...

2nd game these two teams played each other last year Henry had 17 carries for 238 rushing yards and 4 TDs. But if you watched that game the Jags were tanking. I have Henry 5 of 6 LUs. O’Shaughnessy is my fave play for the price.

I’m thinking if the Jag D has any pride they are going to do all they can to shut down Henry after we he did to them in that game. Also being 0-2 right now this is do or die for the Jags, and a home dog = them winning and playing better than the Titans this week.

• Messiah717

The real problem is that the talent on both of these teams is terrible.

• callmetouch

@Messiah717 said...

The real problem is that the talent on both of these teams is terrible.

Anyone can go off or be very low scoring. 1st might be solo. I mean look at JAX receiving options Chark,Westbrook,Conley,Lee,Swaim,O’Shaugh….like which one will get 100+ receiving yards? Neither? Alright.

• JoeyG113

@Newbie123 said...

Fournette hasnt had 8 targets his entire career why would that change because his QB sucks. He played with bortles last year

Not saying Fournette is a major threat in the passing game, but he did get 6 targets with 4 receptions for 40 yards last game. The game before, Fournette had 6 targets, 4 catches and 28 yards.

While those numbers aren’t mind blowing, fact is he is being used in that capacity. He isn’t coming out on obvious passing downs, as the Jags don’t really have a pass catching back.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@Newbie123 said...

I will only have like 10-20% Fournette but wouldn’t a logical thought process be that with the potential wind and rain he could get a couple extra dump offs? He has had 6 targets in each of the first 2 games so it wouldnt be that shocking if he got up to 8

• Messiah717

@callmetouch said...

Anyone can go off or be very low scoring. 1st might be solo. I mean look at JAX receiving options Chark,Westbrook,Conley,Lee,Swaim,O’Shaugh….like which one will get 100+ receiving yards? Neither? Alright.

Very true. Just a very unappealing game from a Showdown perspective.

• callmetouch

@Messiah717 said...

Very true. Just a very unappealing game from a Showdown perspective.

It’ll be a solo 1st no doubt in my opinion. I mean you could leave 10k salary on the table and take it down. You don’t know whats going to happen. For all we know both defenses + both kickers will be in the winning LU

• monarch

If you had to pick one Jags WR? Chark, Conley or Dede? I’m leaning Chark

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

If I could only pick one its Chark on DK and Dede on FD

• S7ubs

You’re a sick-o if you enter more than 1 LU. This game is ugly. Give me both Ds, Both RBs then flip a coin, go to sleep and hope your other randoms hit pay dirt with a 12 yard slant.

• timgodd375

@S7ubs said...

You’re a sick-o if you enter more than 1 LU. This game is ugly. Give me both Ds, Both RBs then flip a coin, go to sleep and hope your other randoms hit pay dirt with a 12 yard slant.

Haha I hope the defenses are both 50+% owned and I will go contrarian

• JoeyG113

@monarch said...

I am only playing FD, and I am playing Westbrook. Recency bias on Chark is playing a role in not choosing him. I really wish that FD would not have given Westbrook such a discount. Had he been priced right below Chark, his ownership would have been much lower. His price point will grab more attention than I want.

Not only am I choosing Westbrook as the best WR option for the Jags, he is also my MVP. Maybe by making him my MVP that will offset the ownership that might come with his price point.

Since there is such a concern with weather in this game, Westbrook runs more of the shorter routes and he is an excellent route runner. I think that is how the Jags will take advantage of the Titans tonight.

I like the idea that Westbrook can outscore both of the feature backs in this game, and I am trying to take advantage of what the masses will do.

• monarch

Ya…probably low ADOT stuff tonight with those corners and Kevin Byard who tracks down everything. Who would the low ADOT play be?

• Johnsonnoa73

@S7ubs said...

7 lu’s. YOLO

• ASitar

Yep, I agree with the Dede call. I’ve got more Chark but Dede is a perfect guy for SD tonight, he just had the first 2 games Chark had so his ownership will be low. He runs the slot 88% of the time so he’ll avoid Adoree JacksonI have Dede in my 1 Humphries LU. Don’t let those L2 games of his fool you either. He is a check-down guy they paid $19M to and has run a route in 55.7% of Titan pass plays. He might get there on receptions alone. 5/35/1 type of line. Titans rank 26th in the league in rush D allowing 134.5 per contest at 5 yards/carry. Minshew is a good passer so that should open up some room for Fournette to do some work. I think I saw his O/U for total yards set to 110 too, which is pretty good. I feel like the right play is Fournette, Henry, Minshew (any at C, but prefer Fournette)with Lambo (positive correlation w Fournette) is the right way to go tonight.

• Dunzor

Anybody that wasn’t aware, DK now has showdown survivor available where the top 1/3 of lineups move on to Sunday night showdown and again top 1/3 to Monday night. If you make it to Monday you’re guaranteed to at least double your money. They’ve offered something similar in PGA showdown for the majors and it was pretty fun.

• IronMonkey415

I guess it;s one of those game we go balls to the wall and try anything.
    On FD I have these guys as Captain and hope it works out

Conley
    Minshew
    Fournette
    Chark
    Henry

If I had more money I would play 2 more contest and pick
    Super Mario and Walker as the Captain.

• Johnsonnoa73

I’m actually feeling really good about my LU’s. I think it will be a profitable night. Now I just need the right Titans pass-catcher…

• tristanwolf

@callmetouch said...

So stack both kickers and fade defense? Mariota at captain with all the WR’s.

i’m stacking kickers and d! i can see this game being like 13-9 or some crap!

• callmetouch

@tristanwolf said...

i’m stacking kickers and d! i can see this game being like 13-9 or some crap!

so you’ll be leaving 10k on the table? haha yeah right. 10 LU’s and all are dart throws.

• S7ubs

@Johnsonnoa73 said...

I’m actually feeling really good about my LU’s. I think it will be a profitable night. Now I just need the right Titans pass-catcher…

I don’t want to be the reasoning for any tinkering, just want to pass on what I hear on the local Nashville sports talk radio. All week, Marcus and coaching staff has been preaching getting in better situations for 3rd down and using Adam humphries. Humph made a living underneath in Tampa and that’s why New England wanted him this off season. If Jags okay zone I think Humph could finally make an appearance. FWIW I liked humph against Indy because they play a Tampa 2 zone. Didn’t work out because they were always 3rd and long and Humph and to chop before starting his route.

Corey Davis has also expressed frustration and has been open ALOT and Marcus has missed him. For whatever reason they seem to not be on the same page. One of these games he’s going to have himself one of his annual 2 td games

• Element828

I actually thought about playing both defenses and kickers also. I could seriously see this being a 9-6 game

• Johnsonnoa73

@S7ubs said...

I don’t want to be the reasoning for any tinkering, just want to pass on what I hear on the local Nashville sports talk radio. All week, Marcus and coaching staff has been preaching getting in better situations for 3rd down and using Adam humphries. Humph made a living underneath in Tampa and that’s why New England wanted him this off season. If Jags okay zone I think Humph could finally make an appearance. FWIW I liked humph against Indy because they play a Tampa 2 zone. Didn’t work out because they were always 3rd and long and Humph and to chop before starting his route.

Corey Davis has also expressed frustration and has been open ALOT and Marcus has missed him. For whatever reason they seem to not be on the same page. One of these games he’s going to have himself one of his annual 2 td games

I cycled through all Titans receivers in my flex at least once! The rest of my core feels solid. Hope I’m right!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.