NFL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Thursday, September 19th
    8:20 PM EST : Tennessee ( -1.5 ) at Jacksonville ( 1.5 ) —- T: 39.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• rog11sm

@murphstahoe said...

Because making it you are still only up 2 scores. Go for it and miss, Tennessee has a very long field. Go for it and make it, game over
    Kick it and get it returned for a touchdown, we have a ballgame.

It’s the right call

You are correct 2 scores with 2 ,2 point conversions. I wonder what those odds are?
    They were on the 4 yard line of they miss that is a very long field goal you are correct.
    If they miss well then cut the kicker.
    Nobody returns kicks anymore ,all kickers seem to kick it out if the end zone.
    I understand all your thinking just don’t agree with it.
    Just my opinion.

• Messiah717

@Johnsonnoa73 said...

34 in and I only lost seven bucks. Thank you Fournette for salvaging a terrible night. Lol. Never again to this type of game.

Better off throwing darts.

• Yeoman

Well, hell. I’ve been winning a winner-take-all satellite since late first quarter, until the last 30 seconds when three Humphries lineups passed me. Garbage time in every sense.

• rog11sm

Tenn. Was beat at the line of srcimmage and had no answer.

• Giez

Not kicking the FG and Humphries in last drive cost me two milly tix and a hundred at least…. I barely played one lineup …

• Yeoman

@rog11sm said...

You are correct 2 scores with 2 ,2 point conversions. I wonder what those odds are?
    They were on the 4 yard line of they miss that is a very long field goal you are correct.
    Just my opinion.

There used to be a chart floating around the internet of the point value of field position—I’m pretty sure football outsiders was the source; I can’t find it now. The upshot was that the value to the defense of pinning the other team inside the five, where a sack or hold is a safety, is pretty high and the right play is generally to go on fourth down near the goal line unless it’s late in a half and you’re adding a possession to what the other team needs.

Now that I think about it, it’s something Brian Fremeau would have needed to chart when he was creating FEI. I’m sure that’s where it came from.

• depalma13

At least I got the Cruz double dong to save what otherwise would have been a losing night across all sports.

• JaBr

@rog11sm said...

Just my opinion.

That’s the correct coaching call 100 times out of 100.
    Kicking the FG you risk the FG being blocked and returned or some other freak type of play. Or even just a miss gives better field position. If they make it, you’re up 16, so still 2 scores (and 2× 2 PT).
    If you get the TD, the game is over.
    If you don’t score, you make an inept offense that hasn’t been able to move the ball all night and is quarterbacked by Marcus Mariota drive the ball 94 yards to score and they need to do it more than once.

• JaBr

@BIF said...

Yah but he probably has had zero turnovers in more games than that – only reason he still has a job is that he doesn’t turn it over so they are always in games and gives the D a chance to win it for them.

He’s not the only problem with that offense – starts with coaching, then pass blocking, etc…

Agreed with your 2nd sentiment.
    Absolutely atrocious coaching by TEN. Vrabel should be embarrassed.

• theIrrigator

@JaBr said...

Ugh the Fournette rush and stupid Humphries garbage fest cost me a couple bucks.

What a terrible game.

Me too, basically took me from doubling up to losing half my entry fees. Luckily McCleskey scored for Tulane and almost help me completely recoup my nfl losses

• theIrrigator

@JaBr said...

Kicking the FG you risk the FG being blocked and returned or some other freak type of play. Or even just a miss gives better field position. If they make it, you’re up 16, so still 2 scores (and 2× 2 PT).
    If you don’t score, you make an inept offense that hasn’t been able to move the ball all night and is quarterbacked by Marcus Mariota drive the ball 94 yards to score and they need to do it more than once.

Or the Defense gets a 94 yard pick 6

• MonkeraiKnight

@NDNole said...

That last humphries catch was worth 10’s of thousands lol. Gotta love showdown lololololololol. Wish it was me up there.

Made me an extra $100, what a champ.

• IronMonkey415

NOICE!!!!!

Just checked the score and see I won $145.
    place at the 17th spot.

Alright back to sleep.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@JaBr said...

I wouldn’t say it’s the right call in an absolute manner because they could have easily fumbled, got intercepted, bad snap etc. by running another play. Kicking the field goal would eliminate interception/fumble for the most part. The way the Jags defense was playing made that call completely unnecessary imo. Titans would have needed an incredible string of luck to win that game, take the 3 and keep it moving.

• DayThugginFOURlife

Titans d really screwed me tonight

• monarch

Ya, Mariota Humphries and Walker came out of nowhere and delivered me some tickets as well. Pleasant surprise

• gaelicgirl

Cashed for the first time in NFL last night, can’t complain.
    Two more TNF games to go, then NBA will be back!

• JaBr

@theIrrigator said...

Or the Defense gets a 94 yard pick 6

Right, the play call is also important. You either run the ball… or… the safest play is probably a shotgun snap and a throw only your guy can catch or throw it out of the end zone.

• JaBr

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

I wouldn’t say it’s the right call in an absolute manner because they could have easily fumbled, got intercepted, bad snap etc. by running another play. Kicking the field goal would eliminate interception/fumble for the most part. The way the Jags defense was playing made that call completely unnecessary imo. Titans would have needed an incredible string of luck to win that game, take the 3 and keep it moving.

Just saying safest in that the odds are the best for that to be the safest option.
    You run the safest play possible whether that’s a dive or a shotgun play with a simple draw or a pass only your guy can catch. In theory, less chance for error on that play than a kick… supposedly. Kicking actually increases the chances for a fumbled snap, blocked punt or some type of splash play/quick change of possession including yardage lost for your D.

I don’t disagree with the way the Titans were playing (never mind Jags D) it was not necessary. Still, just the safest play.

• monarch

@gaelicgirl said...

Cashed for the first time in NFL last night, can’t complain.
    Two more TNF games to go, then NBA will be back!

I know your already studying the big Houston Rockets vs Shanghai Sharks exhibition!

• gaelicgirl

@monarch said...

I know your already studying the big Houston Rockets vs Shanghai Sharks exhibition!

LOL I’d watch it, even if I can’t gamble on it…any port in a storm!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).