PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

Just opening the thread, back with more info later

• billholler

147,000 entries and $100k for 1st with only 30 golfers to choose from. I am putting the O/U on ties for 1st at 20. Anything less than the optimal LU and you aren’t getting 1st.

• Jamcclea

Is there anyone smarter than me out there that can figure out how many possible LU permutations there can possibly be with player salary and cap figured in?

• amanuel777

@Jamcclea said...

Is there anyone smarter than me out there that can figure out how many possible LU permutations there can possibly be with player salary and cap figured in?

The winning LU doesn’t have to be $50K, so…. a fairly large number.

• BIF

@Jamcclea said...

Didn’t do the salary cap thing but there 593,775 unique combinations of 6 in 30.

Even if 1/4 of those would exceed the $50K cap, you are still looking at around 450K unique combinations and even if 1/4 of those are crap ($40K in salary) lineups that nobody would play, you are still left with over 330K unique playable lineups.

Unless someone runs a train or a group of lineup buyers get lucky and win, I doubt there is more than 2 way split for 1st – these are the top 30 players and very little separates them, this isn’t MMA or NASCAR where the bottom quarter of the player page is basically unplayable and you end up with 20-40 dupes on good lineups.

• billholler

@BIF said...

Unless someone runs a train or a group of lineup buyers get lucky and win, I doubt there is more than 2 way split for 1st – these are the top 30 players and very little separates them, this isn’t MMA or NASCAR where the bottom quarter of the player page is basically unplayable and you end up with 20-40 dupes on good lineups.

I completely disagree. Even though we haven’t seen salaries yet, there are players that I would feel safe eliminating like McGirt, Dufner, Vegas, O’Hair and maybe even Kim. I will be putting in max entries but only using a pool of probably 15 players. I assume many of the other max entry players will be doing the same thing.

• amanuel777

@billholler said...

I completely disagree. Even though we haven’t seen salaries yet, there are players that I would feel safe eliminating like McGirt, Dufner, Vegas, O’Hair and maybe even Kim. I will be putting in max entries but only using a pool of probably 15 players. I assume many of the other max entry players will be doing the same thing.

that’s more doable – if you take 15, it’s 5,005 combos. then take whatever is left after salary cap, and boom!

• JimKronlund

RG League MLB 12 players $1.00
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/27791774

• PigskinaBlanket

RG Overall Ranking

• x3

2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Anxiously awaiting salaries – got one team through to the FGWC finale.

• JimKronlund

RG League NFL Monday Night $5.00 6 players
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/27793700

• billholler

Salaries are up. Yay

• JimKronlund

EURO $10 50/50! BY JIMKRONLUND 100 teams
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/27795639?ugc=0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RG PGA League EURO Italian Open 40 teams
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/27795469

• Cbed11

What is the story on Day’s back? Took the week off so didn’t pay much attention to what was going on.

• billholler

@Cbed11 said...

What is the story on Day’s back? Took the week off so didn’t pay much attention to what was going on.

One of his ovaries was infected and caused his back to ache.

• Cbed11

@billholler said...

One of his ovaries was infected and caused his back to ache.

Lol. In other words he is a lock to win next week?

• timusbr

@BIF said...

Didn’t do the salary cap thing but there 593,775 unique combinations of 6 in 30.

we got math guys here, i easily could be wrong but ist it 24*23*22*….making the final # much more than 593775.

and do we also chat Euro Italian styl here too?

• JimKronlund

@Cbed11 said...

Lol. In other words he is a lock to win next week?

His ovaries was just press speculation. In truth he was only feeling bloated and unattractive.

• JimKronlund

@JimKronlund said...

RG League MLB 12 players $1.00
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/27791774

We only need 5 more players. Its just a buck to enter

• smallANDflaccid

@timusbr said...

we got math guys here, i easily could be wrong but ist it 24*23*22*….making the final # much more than 593775.

Yes and no.
    What you are asking is a large number – more than ~600k.

But combinations have collisions that your way doesn’t subtract out (regardless if those are even the right numbers – I haven’t looked – but BIF used 30 vs you using 24).
    The same lineups that are just a different ordering of the same players in the lineup.

• Logan7777

@JimKronlund said...

RG PGA League EURO Italian Open 40 teams
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/27795469

Winner take all?

• JimKronlund

@Logan7777 said...

Winner take all?

NO 50/50

• timusbr

I forget my math from stats class but they had a simple formula
    that i simplified for my own quick calc instead of (30*29*…….2*1) i m saying that with 6 combinations its 24…..down to 1 ( once again, I get an F on this question because im too lazy to get the formula) but bet my answer closer than 593775 to correct one. LOL

• timusbr

OOps I goofed in my euro mclunch feliz, its winner take all.

should i start a normal 20 guy pay out top 3??

• Logan7777

@JimKronlund said...

NO 50/50

Check it. Summary says “This 40-player contest features $360.00 in total prizes and pays out the top 1 finishing positions. First place wins $360.00. “ Prize payouts blocks says “1st $360.00”.

If I’m missing something, let me know.

• JimKronlund

@Logan7777 said...

Check it. Summary says “This 40-player contest features $360.00 in total prizes and pays out the top 1 finishing positions. First place wins $360.00. “ Prize payouts blocks says “1st $360.00”.

If I’m missing something, let me know.

DAMNIT, you are right. I will start a new one as that will not fill
    thks Logan

• Logan7777

@timusbr said...

should i start a normal 20 guy pay out top 3??

I’ll play a $1 50/50. $10 50/50 is my max. Not winner take all. I don’t have the “LittleandLimp” skills to take a first place against all you guys with badges.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler