PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

Just opening the thread, back with more info later

• JimKronlund

RG’ERS USE THIS ONE EURO 50/50 40 TEAMS
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/27814028

I doubt the other contest that has “winner takes all” will fill. If it does it does.

• KJP24

2 weeks out but let’s talk about it!
    I really don’t know who’s a better value? I real like Grillo at 6900, then JT at 7000. Then oh hey, Jason Day is the 4th highest. He will be motivated. At a discount.

• whodat2

@smallANDflaccid said...

Yes and no.
    What you are asking is a large number – more than ~600k.

But combinations have collisions that your way doesn’t subtract out (regardless if those are even the right numbers – I haven’t looked – but BIF used 30 vs you using 24).
    The same lineups that are just a different ordering of the same players in the lineup.

Get out of here and go spend your money already!!

• DAR207

Pretty sure the only way to play is to leave 2K on the table. Unless you want 500 Dupes.

• BIF

@smallANDflaccid said...

Yes and no.
    What you are asking is a large number – more than ~600k.

But combinations have collisions that your way doesn’t subtract out (regardless if those are even the right numbers – I haven’t looked – but BIF used 30 vs you using 24).
    The same lineups that are just a different ordering of the same players in the lineup.

I stand by my math

There are 593,775 unique lineups of 6 golfers in a field of 30 BUT I have not factored in salaries and a cap of 50K.

However there has to be at least 65% of those potentially useable at/under the cap as there are only 9/30 guys above $8333 (the amount threshold where any 6 guys would be under the cap).

• BIF

@billholler said...

I completely disagree. Even though we haven’t seen salaries yet, there are players that I would feel safe eliminating like McGirt, Dufner, Vegas, O’Hair and maybe even Kim. I will be putting in max entries but only using a pool of probably 15 players. I assume many of the other max entry players will be doing the same thing.

Nice job in NFL tonight – I’m approx 3.5 points behind you in the big GPP and doing well in 4 or 5 other GPPs.

Despite you eliminating 15 players, that does not mean your 15 guys will include the Optimal 6 and even if it did, there are still over 5000 combinations of 6 in 15.

• Cbed11

@BIF said...

Nice job in NFL tonight – I’m approx 3.5 points behind you in the big GPP and doing well in 4 or 5 other GPPs.

Despite you eliminating 15 players, that does not mean your 15 guys will include the Optimal 6 and even if it did, there are still over 5000 combinations of 6 in 15.

I like the small slates but hate watching the leaderboards with the similar lineups. Have to be near perfect to win anything.

• JimKronlund

Congrats to the winners
    ———————————————————————————
    RG LEAGUE NFL 3 GAMES $1.00 8:30
    1st JimKronlund
    2nd Shaunovery
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RG LEAGUE NFL MONDAY NIGHT $5.00 6 PLAYERS
    1st JimKronlund
    2nd Shamrock77s
    3rd Jamcclea
    ============================

RG LEAGUE NFL 4 PLAYER $20 50/50

1st Bigdaddies
    2nd JimKronlund

• BIF

@Cbed11 said...

I like the small slates but hate watching the leaderboards with the similar lineups. Have to be near perfect to win anything.

I don’t love small slates but tonight was a little easier with the “free squares” of Ben, AB, D Williams and the other game expected to be a fantasy dud making it pretty easy to stack the first game and diversify with cheap guys. I played $120 in entries and cashed $320 (well $240 cash and 4 $20 Milly tix).

• JimKronlund

Congrats to the winners
    RG FOOTBALL LEAGUE THURS-MON $1.00
    1st JSchoey
    2nd Ccchalfant
    3rd Bolts1282
    4th Shawnbr85
    5th Eric2323
    6th DeWoc

• Cbed11

@BIF said...

I don’t love small slates but tonight was a little easier with the “free squares” of Ben, AB, D Williams and the other game expected to be a fantasy dud making it pretty easy to stack the first game and diversify with cheap guys. I played $120 in entries and cashed $320 (well $240 cash and 4 $20 Milly tix).

You are right, it was definitely an easier slate. But, like a dumbass I played Cousins. Figured they wouldn’t be able to run for tds. Can’t complain though. Still cashed and my two teams both won.

• BIF

@Cbed11 said...

You are right, it was definitely an easier slate. But, like a dumbass I played Cousins. Figured they wouldn’t be able to run for tds. Can’t complain though. Still cashed and my two teams both won.

I was 80/20 Ben/Kirk and had enough of Rodgers, Thompson, Draughn and Vance mixed in to cash well – having no Hyde hurt me

• billholler

With 5 minutes left I was in 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 14th and 19th. Meaningless Hyde TD dropped me a total of $51k. Anyone other than Hyde scores and I win it all.

• Cbed11

@billholler said...

With 5 minutes left I was in 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 14th and 19th. Meaningless Hyde TD dropped me a total of $51k. Anyone other than Hyde scores and I win it all.

That sucks. You were on the right players, just some bad ass luck that Vernon Davis min salary is what it took to get the right combo.

• Jamcclea

@billholler said...

That sucks, sorry man. I saw your name up there all night.

• Tammy409

@billholler said...

I feel your pain… My first ever DFs Slate was last fall’s NFL Wk 12 I think? … First I have no clue what this stuff is even about or how it works, so I put my $25 in a bunch of $3 & $1 GPP’s and had maybe 3 LU’s. Needed a pure Min Salary TE punt and was okay with my picks so enter them that day which was a THursday. TE turns out was Richard Rodgers who got like 35 pts off like $2800 and was only player used on Thursday game. I’m in last but figure it was a nice head start. No clue I could alter my lineups on DK’s ever, not all weekend as I obsessed about it… Pittsburgh (my Boys) playing in last game of slate and I’m staring at ‘Winning $33,000’ by mid-afternoon Sunday and still until like 5 freaking minutes left in the last game. I would never NOT have played both Martavis and A.B. together, but couldn’t reasonable afford it seemed three days earlier and didn’t know it could be changed. I’ve got like 220 pts or more late in the game, I have Bryant… Ben throws to him in end zone one last time and he doesn’t get it, but there is like five minutes left and Steelers way up, so no more scoring… I’m good. They kick a FG I think and Indy goes three and out, Punts… Jacoby Jones, who PGH had just signed that week to handle Return Duties, muffs everything early in the game so Tomlin kicks him out of the stadium and on a meaningless Punt from Indy late in the game; which would lead to Ben running the clock out… He sticks A.B. to return punts for the first time in probably years. He’s a kid, he gets it, gets loose and busts it to the zone and does that fireman’s pole straddle and my money all but disappeared. Crushed. I don’t really forgive my ignorance, but I damn sure don’t understand why they would have risked A.B. in that situation either… Closest I’ve ever come to making money was the first time I tried and I’ve lost so much chasing that dragon ever since.

• Tammy409

@Cbed11 said...

Small slates can go either way, but there is definitely a greater chance of winning something if you just don’t totally botch them. I lost my ass on Sunday. It was ugly… One LU had like 63 pts. I got most all of it back last night on the benevolent heels of who else Antonio Brown and DeAngelo Williams. I didn’t think I could afford Ben (or Cousins for that matter unless they were already baked in from a multi-day slate), as I insisted on playing Reed and that threw it all off. He didn’t have a good game, but he helped in that he took me largely off Gurley and put me on a combo of Hyde and Draughn in the second game, peppered with Quick, Coates, Garcon, James, Rogers, Austin, MacDonald Thompson and other lowlies who didn’t do much, but did just enough for cashing in about half the LU’s. On the Mon-Only Contests, I mainly played Gabbert who didn’t impact either way.

• BIF

Back to GOLF talk……..

Entered my first golf lineup for next week and faded the top 5 salaries as I couldn’t decide which horse to ride this week.

I had DJ pegged well last week but not sure this is the best fit for him this week – really fast greens at East Lake and he putted soooooo good last week, I’m not sure he excels again with the new putter. Scott and Rory scare me as well with their putters despite some recent form. I have no idea what to do with Day and his ailments plus his wild driver thus leaving Jordan as my favorite in this group but he is the guy who has probably played the worst of them for the longest period leading into this event. Not sure I can pay up for Jordan with so many hungry guys behind him who are arguably playing better than him.

• viperpuppy

So in other words, you don’t know what the hell to do

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

How out of the ordinary is it for the cash line to be above 500 in the Birdie in no cut events?

I’m deciding whether, or not to play this week, but it seems egregious to expect to have lineups hitting almost 700fps in order to win.

• Cbed11

@peachfuzz said...

How out of the ordinary is it for the cash line to be above 500 in the Birdie in no cut events?

I’m deciding whether, or not to play this week, but it seems egregious to expect to have lineups hitting almost 700fps in order to win.

I would guess it almost never happens in any field. There were alot of birdies and eagles last week. The winning score at last years tour championship was -9, so scoring should be much lower next week.

• billholler

And for the way too early forecast…..Strong chance of rain Friday afternoon/night which does us absolutely no good as I am assuming the weekend tee times will be based on the scoring from the previous 2 days.

• billholler

@peachfuzz said...

Last year’s optimal LU only scored 532 points and had a salary of $48,600

• Frustrated

@Cbed11 said...

Yep I’m with you on that. Had basically a near perfect lineup about 15 points behind first place and won a whopping 12 dollars. Just missed out make a couple of changes but Vernon Davis wasn’t anywhere on my radar so whatever.

• KJP24

Apprently Jason Day is on the cusp of signing a 100m deal with NIKE. Could maybe give him an extra pep in his step. TaylorMade clubs still obvi but NIKE apparel.

But really if his back isn’t healthy then no point in playing him when you gotta hit 6/6

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler