PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

Here is some info from PGATour.com on the next event

COURSE: TPC River Highlands, 6,841 yards, par 70. River Highlands is actually the third layout on this bluff overlooking the Connecticut River, where the game has been played since 1928. Pete Dye gave the site a complete renovation when he arrived in 1982, and Bobby Weed added an upgrade seven years later in consultation with former PGA TOUR pros Howard Twitty and Roger Maltbie. Nos. 15-17 play around a four-acre lake, helping create a finish considered among the most exciting on TOUR. Peter Jacobsen triumphed when the Greater Hartford Open relocated there in 1984, then turned back the clock 19 years later to win it again.

FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

CHARITY: New England Charities, which has given more than $33 million to various organizations since its formation in 1952. This year’s list tops 180 charities, including the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, The First Tee of Connecticut, Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital and the Mark Twain Museum.

FIELD WATCH: World No. 6 Bubba Watson and Paul Casey, last year’s playoff combatants, head a roster that features 12 of the top 30 in the Official World Golf Rankings. … No. 12 Branden Grace, No. 14 Patrick Reed and No. 15 Louis Oosthuizen also help create a strong top of the lineup. … Jon Rahm, whose share of second at the RBC Canadian Open clinched special temporary status for the rest of the season, is among four freshly minted pros in the field. He’s joined by recent collegians Lee McCoy (Georgia), Robby Shelton (Alabama) and Jordan Niebrugge (Oklahoma State). … Also playing on special temporary status is Bryson DeChambeau, who tied for fourth in his pro debut at the RBC Heritage.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 258, Kenny Perry (2009).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 60, Tommy Bolt (2nd round, 1954 at Wethersfield CC), Patrick Cantlay (2nd round, 2011).

LAST YEAR: Watson staved off a fast-closing Casey for his eighth PGA TOUR win, though he needed to go two playoff holes to accomplish it. Watson held a three-shot advantage with five holes left, but a bogey at River Highlands’ 17th hole opened the door when Casey birdied three of his last five to finish off a 65. After both parred the first playoff hole, Casey stumbled on the third play at No.18 when his third shot from a greenside bunker flew the green and landed on a cart path. Watson’s wedge from 160 yards came to rest 8 feet from the hole, setting up the clinching birdie. The victory improved Watson’s record to 5-1 in playoffs, including a three-way playoff at the 2010 Travelers for his first TOUR trimph.

STORYLINES: Six of the past 10 Travelers winners have made it their first, including four in a row from Watson’s 2010 triumph to Ken Duke in 2013. … River Highlands will feature 56 players who teed it up at Baltusrol for this week’s PGA Championship. With the Travelers in its usual post-U.S. Open slot, three of its past six winners did not play the major a week earlier. … Six players are set to go from River Highlands to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympic Tournament, including three-fourths of the U.S. team: Watson, Reed and Matt Kuchar.

SHORT CHIPS: Just four New Englanders have won in Hartford, though two came back-to-back in 2005 (Brad Faxon) and 2006 (J.J. Henry). The others are Paul Azinger (1987, ’89) and Bob Toski (1953) … In the tournament’s 63-year history, only Phil Mickelson (2001-02) has managed to win it back-to-back. … Actor Kevin Nealon and and ESPN’s Chris Berman top the marquee for the Wednesday celebrity pro-am. That lineup also includes former Heisman Trophy winner Doug Flutie, two-time NBA champion Ray Allen and former UConn basketball coach Jim Calhoun.

TELEVISION:Thursday-Friday, 3-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1-2:30 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS).

PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m. (featured groups), 3-6 p.m. (featured holes). Saturday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (featured holes).

• billholler

@mschu1213 said...

I am completley nuts for a 100 percent fade on Grace? I have 0 logical reason for it, just a gut feeling.

I faded Grace, Koepka, Bubba, Casey and Berger in all 150 LU for the Birdie.100% Furyk and Chad Collins.

• QSchoolDropOut

BIF,

Sorry it wasn’t you. It was someone else who wrote they would be “plenty motivated” this week because of Ryder Cup standings.

• Dewoc19

@billholler said...

I faded Grace, Koepka, Bubba, Casey and Berger in all 150 LU for the Birdie.100% Furyk and Chad Collins.

dont take this the wrong way, but i hope you sir, have a shitty weekend… im 66% Koepka with a 33% Grace, faded Bubba right there with you though

• Wander_Bread

All over ZJ and Rahm this weekend.

Not seeing much talk about Senden. Followed him a lot this past weekend and he was striking the ball beautifully which should setup well this week. Has been hot the past few tournaments after a poor stretch. Will have a bunch of him at his price point.

Looking to continue my 4/4 undefeated cash streak in Jim K’s contest.

• whodat2

All in on Tyrell Hatton……. he ships this week.

• Pickle29

Before I donate the rest of my money through $1 H2H’s, any Rotogrinders want some action? I’ll take invitations until I’m out.

• BIF

@Wander_Bread said...

All over ZJ and Rahm this weekend.

Not seeing much talk about Senden. Followed him a lot this past weekend and he was striking the ball beautifully which should setup well this week. Has been hot the past few tournaments after a poor stretch. Will have a bunch of him at his price point.

Looking to continue my 4/4 undefeated cash streak in Jim K’s contest.

Senden always hits it good – one of the better “unknown” ball strikers in the game past 7-8 years – he just doesn’t putt well enough to win or scramble well enough to finish high when he’s missing greens.

He was honestly the last guy I pulled off my lineups this week – I almost always have him in a few lineups at courses where GIR’s are not easy to hit and winning score in single digits under par – didn’t think that was totally the case this week as scoring should be under par for the cut and the winner will surely be into double digits under par.

If I was playing my normal amount of lineups this week, he’d probably be on 10% as usual.

• RangerC

@mschu1213 said...

I am completley nuts for a 100 percent fade on Grace? I have 0 logical reason for it, just a gut feeling.

Well he missed the cut by 6 shots last year after playing great at a major, so it’s not illogical to think he could have another letdown performance (I’m mostly fading him because at his price with his middling Birdie or Better rate he probably has to win at that price to pay it off).

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

Bubba Watson said in an interview today he wants to make the Ryder Cup team because it means more to him than getting a Captain’s Pick. Another thing to point out is Patrick Reed is on top of the world right now with excitement about the Olympics. He is also using his brand new Olympic bag in competition this week.

• Tammy409

@mschu1213 said...

He“s never been on my radar; let alone amongst the selection set for me. I see the T10’s and he’s obviously a stellar “real world” golfer; but his game seemingly does not correlate well in DFs. In weeks he makes cuts but doesn’t get a bunch of final position points; he doesn’t return fantasy numbers anywhere near his asking price. Many don’t; so not ragging him; but just that guys like him and all the other $7500-$10000 (most weeks) guys are just like Nike Tour grinders with better endorsements and hotter wives… Likely why my LU’s always tank but are very sinple and remarkably consistent. “Big 4/Big 4/Sergio/Vijay/6100/5900” ;’].

• Patsfan1244

@PuddinCheeks said...

Bubba Watson said in an interview today he wants to make the Ryder Cup team because it means more to him than getting a Captain’s Pick. Another thing to point out is Patrick Reed is on top of the world right now with excitement about the Olympics. He is also using his brand new Olympic bag in competition this week.

Is he using the Olympic clubs? Plz tell me no

• Patsfan1244

@Patsfan1244 said...

HMMMM. Fat Pat’s birthday is Friday. Anyone got the stats on birthday have’rs and performance?

• walkoff9

@Patsfan1244 said...

HMMMM. Fat Pat’s birthday is Friday. Anyone got the stats on birthday have’rs and performance?

I know Hideki WD’d the day after his birthday at one of the florida events.

• thetitanlb

@walkoff9 said...

Im 100% sure he got yucky drunk the night before. Had too much sake

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@Patsfan1244 said...

Pretty certain it is just bag and clothing stuff.

• astro27

@Patsfan1244 said...

you might find a correlation with 1 and 2 years ago for the birthday that occurs prior to the start of a tournament or on the start of the event. There are other intervals that may apply, like 6, 7 or 12 year cycles but it is very complicated. Ask again in a year and i might have a better answer. I’m sure most who follow golf have noticed repeat winners are simply one of it’s interesting features, tennis as well and the course is not the only variable.

• futureoffantasy

@walkoff9 said...

Bud Cauley also WD’d the day after his birthday, earlier this year.

Jordan Niebrugge has a birthday tomorrow as well.

• JimKronlund

what is this about Olympic clubs? Do they all use the exact same equipment there?

• Wander_Bread

@BIF said...

Senden always hits it good – one of the better “unknown” ball strikers in the game past 7-8 years – he just doesn’t putt well enough to win or scramble well enough to finish high when he’s missing greens.

He was honestly the last guy I pulled off my lineups this week – I almost always have him in a few lineups at courses where GIR’s are not easy to hit and winning score in single digits under par – didn’t think that was totally the case this week as scoring should be under par for the cut and the winner will surely be into double digits under par.

If I was playing my normal amount of lineups this week, he’d probably be on 10% as usual.

This is true. Maybe I am jaded based on how well he was striking it last week, but can’t see him not shooting a pair of 68’s and playing the weekend at a fairly cheap price point of 6700 despite any short game woes.

Him, ZJ and Francesco will be throwing darts from the fairway – at least I am hoping.

• Cdogbuck

@BIF said...

His ball striking has been average for several years. This year his putting is what has gained him the most strokes.

SG Approach the Green
    2016: 70th
    2015: 133rd
    2014: 85th
    2013: 140th

• amanuel777

@Wander_Bread said...

Not seeing much talk about Senden. Followed him a lot this past weekend and he was striking the ball beautifully

Very true. I watched him play 17 and 18 he was looking very good.

• Cdogbuck

@4Champion said...

I’ll be out there first thing in the morning to scope out Grace, Thomas, and others.

Look forward to the intel. And I sincerely hope you do not have the misfortune of seeing Chris Berman.

• Tour_Junkies

Just for everyone’s benefit, here are the players that are on the Ryder Cup Bubble playing in the Travelers. We feel like these make good targets this week. Some of these are currently in the RC Top 8, but could slip out.

Bubba
    Brooks
    Reed
    Kuchar
    ZJ
    JB
    Kjeldsen
    Hatton

We really like Bubba, Brooks, ZJ, Webb, Rahm, & Woodland in the $9K and above range in cash or GPP.

• flip4flop

Anyone like Henrik Norlander this week? Seems to be in good form, has not missed a cut since May 24th, great accuracy and scrambling recently and not bad in par 4 scoring.

• Tour_Junkies

Don’t mind Henrik. He’s a ball-striker for sure. His coach told us he hates to practice putting. We’ve also been told by a TOUR Pro that played the course yesterday that the greens are even slower than expected, which will neutralize good putters. This is good news for Henrik. Not a bad small GPP Play at that price.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler