PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

Here is some info from PGATour.com on the next event

COURSE: TPC River Highlands, 6,841 yards, par 70. River Highlands is actually the third layout on this bluff overlooking the Connecticut River, where the game has been played since 1928. Pete Dye gave the site a complete renovation when he arrived in 1982, and Bobby Weed added an upgrade seven years later in consultation with former PGA TOUR pros Howard Twitty and Roger Maltbie. Nos. 15-17 play around a four-acre lake, helping create a finish considered among the most exciting on TOUR. Peter Jacobsen triumphed when the Greater Hartford Open relocated there in 1984, then turned back the clock 19 years later to win it again.

FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

CHARITY: New England Charities, which has given more than $33 million to various organizations since its formation in 1952. This year’s list tops 180 charities, including the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, The First Tee of Connecticut, Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital and the Mark Twain Museum.

FIELD WATCH: World No. 6 Bubba Watson and Paul Casey, last year’s playoff combatants, head a roster that features 12 of the top 30 in the Official World Golf Rankings. … No. 12 Branden Grace, No. 14 Patrick Reed and No. 15 Louis Oosthuizen also help create a strong top of the lineup. … Jon Rahm, whose share of second at the RBC Canadian Open clinched special temporary status for the rest of the season, is among four freshly minted pros in the field. He’s joined by recent collegians Lee McCoy (Georgia), Robby Shelton (Alabama) and Jordan Niebrugge (Oklahoma State). … Also playing on special temporary status is Bryson DeChambeau, who tied for fourth in his pro debut at the RBC Heritage.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 258, Kenny Perry (2009).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 60, Tommy Bolt (2nd round, 1954 at Wethersfield CC), Patrick Cantlay (2nd round, 2011).

LAST YEAR: Watson staved off a fast-closing Casey for his eighth PGA TOUR win, though he needed to go two playoff holes to accomplish it. Watson held a three-shot advantage with five holes left, but a bogey at River Highlands’ 17th hole opened the door when Casey birdied three of his last five to finish off a 65. After both parred the first playoff hole, Casey stumbled on the third play at No.18 when his third shot from a greenside bunker flew the green and landed on a cart path. Watson’s wedge from 160 yards came to rest 8 feet from the hole, setting up the clinching birdie. The victory improved Watson’s record to 5-1 in playoffs, including a three-way playoff at the 2010 Travelers for his first TOUR trimph.

STORYLINES: Six of the past 10 Travelers winners have made it their first, including four in a row from Watson’s 2010 triumph to Ken Duke in 2013. … River Highlands will feature 56 players who teed it up at Baltusrol for this week’s PGA Championship. With the Travelers in its usual post-U.S. Open slot, three of its past six winners did not play the major a week earlier. … Six players are set to go from River Highlands to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympic Tournament, including three-fourths of the U.S. team: Watson, Reed and Matt Kuchar.

SHORT CHIPS: Just four New Englanders have won in Hartford, though two came back-to-back in 2005 (Brad Faxon) and 2006 (J.J. Henry). The others are Paul Azinger (1987, ’89) and Bob Toski (1953) … In the tournament’s 63-year history, only Phil Mickelson (2001-02) has managed to win it back-to-back. … Actor Kevin Nealon and and ESPN’s Chris Berman top the marquee for the Wednesday celebrity pro-am. That lineup also includes former Heisman Trophy winner Doug Flutie, two-time NBA champion Ray Allen and former UConn basketball coach Jim Calhoun.

TELEVISION:Thursday-Friday, 3-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1-2:30 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS).

PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m. (featured groups), 3-6 p.m. (featured holes). Saturday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (featured holes).

• Big_Jacko

Mainly a lurker, but really enjoy the thread.

Bradley, Summerhays, or Donald?

Don’t really like Keegan, but with the reportedly slow greens his poor putting should be able to hide a little bit.

• paulrobert1989

So I was trying to pull up par 4 efficiency 400-450 on the pga website and couldn’t pull it up. I’ve tried a couple other times awhile back and had the same problem. Any idea what’s up or where else it would be located? Thanks!

• BIF

@billholler said...

Doesn’t matter if player A consistently missed by an inch while player B consistently misses by 20”. SG putting is a total round average and not just isolated incidents. Doesn’t matter how you 2 putt as long as you 2 putt, and more importantly, avoid 3 putting.

I read your response too quickly – it very much does matter – you should read how the calc works – you get docked (negative SGP) on every missed putt by an amount that correlates to that distance and you get credited (positve SGP) for every made putt – so if all of our misses are from the same 30’ we have equal negatives and if all of our made putts are from diff distances, we’ll have different overall SGP stats. It is all about Expected # of putts from a given distance the closer the miss the more penal, the longer the make the more beneficial statistically.

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2016/05/31/strokes-gained-defined.html

Edit – I do agree that as DFS’ers we don’t care how they go in as long as they go in and that 3 putts are bad LOL

• smallANDflaccid

@bigdaddies said...

what do we with Casey now that his TOE looks terrible that he tweeted this morning!

On the one hand, pain in the feet throws off usual movement (involves brain more, rather than not having to think about it).
    On the other hand, he notes already has arthritis (in other foot it seems) and so he’s used to playing with pain (or with painkillers).

I only had him in one GPP lineup, so I swapped out, so he will win the whole thing now of course.

• TJRhodes

@bigdaddies said...

what do we with Casey now that his TOE looks terrible that he tweeted this morning!

The Koepka effect. Not changing a thing.

• smallANDflaccid

@paulrobert1989 said...

So I was trying to pull up par 4 efficiency 400-450 on the pga website and couldn’t pull it up. I’ve tried a couple other times awhile back and had the same problem. Any idea what’s up or where else it would be located? Thanks!

What link were you trying to use?
    Does it have a number for the stat?
    PGA Tour refer to each stat by a number in the url.
    If you mean the PGA site, then no clue.

Looks like this is it?
    http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02529.html
    So “02529” – I’ll see if they have it elsewhere – they hide their stuff.

• Tour_Junkies

@billholler said...

Speaking of flawed thinking…..why is it so many experienced DFSers get excited by a low salaried guy that can make the cut? What good does it do you if he makes the cut and finished 45th? This is the Mark Hubbard effect although could be named for Tyrone Van Asswagon, Norlander since he was mentioned and for a long time Colt Knost until he finally made a few top 10s. All those guys regularly make cuts but then just hang around and never make their way into a winning DFS lineup.

We would agree that this is not a smart play in larger GPPs where the LU has to be closer to perfect. However, in smaller GPPs, you can still take down a nice win w/ a super studs and duds LU w/ someone like Norlander if they finish T45 or better.

The guy that won The Open Championship Milly Maker won with Bubba in his LU who finished T39, but obviously is a big scorer.

However, we don’t prefer that play, but it can work.

• Tour_Junkies

@Big_Jacko said...

Mainly a lurker, but really enjoy the thread.

Bradley, Summerhays, or Donald?

Don’t really like Keegan, but with the reportedly slow greens his poor putting should be able to hide a little bit.

Keegan. He just went to the “Kuchar” method putting stroke which Webb also switched to lately and it appears to be improving. His ball striking has been really solid lately. He also grew up playing this course and has mentioned this as one of his favorites on Tour.

• Tour_Junkies

@paulrobert1989 said...

That is found on the PGATour Media site.

https://pgatourmedia.pgatourhq.com/Tour/WebTemplate/media.nsf/vwWebFS/8264BAEBE0BFD62685257E7500680F40?openDocument

• smallANDflaccid

@Tour_Junkies said...

That is found on the PGATour Media site.

https://pgatourmedia.pgatourhq.com/Tour/WebTemplate/media.nsf/vwWebFS/8264BAEBE0BFD62685257E7500680F40?openDocument

Doesn’t load for me.

And I can confirm that in their hidden (or more just “confusing and random”) stats directory of files – the “02529” file is missing.

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Has anyone else seen that picture of Paul Casey’s toe? Yikes…

• smallANDflaccid

@stlcardinals84 said...

Has anyone else seen that picture of Paul Casey’s toe? Yikes…

Saw it – didn’t see how/why that happened though

• smallANDflaccid

Is there an easy way on DK to switch N lineups from one contest out and into another contest?

I have 15 lineups in one contest, and want to remove them, and put them in another contest.
    But I have ~100 total lineups, and if I just remove them totally, they are hard to find in the mix.
    And even for 15 I don’t really want to have to manually re-enter them all.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@TJRhodes said...

The Koepka effect. Not changing a thing.

No sure what the Koepka effect is

• smallANDflaccid

@slpanthers24 said...

I think he was saying how in the previous tournament, many avoided Koepka due to injured ankle and then he played well.

• TJRhodes

@slpanthers24 said...

Last week everyone was saying don’t play Koepka, his ankle is hurt. He can’t even walk 18 holes and other nonsense. We all know how that turned out.

• kia12345678

@slpanthers24 said...

Loving the gold tier GPP this week. Only 2480 entered from 10K max. Hope everyone forgets to get in. I better cashed that one.

Thanks for reminding me. I almost forgot about that one lol

• bigdaddies

@slpanthers24 said...

@TJRhodes said…

yall better be right, especially you, slpanthers! LOL

• lexmarke238

@smallANDflaccid said...

Is there an easy way on DK to switch N lineups from one contest out and into another contest?

I have 15 lineups in one contest, and want to remove them, and put them in another contest.
    But I have ~100 total lineups, and if I just remove them totally, they are hard to find in the mix.
    And even for 15 I don’t really want to have to manually re-enter them all.

Yes, you can download/export your lineups using “edit entries”. Modify that .csv in excel (cut/paste the cells containing the lineups until they’re in the contests you want), then upload it back into DK.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@TJRhodes said...

Last week everyone was saying don’t play Koepka, his ankle is hurt. He can’t even walk 18 holes and other nonsense. We all know how that turned out.

I realize what was going with Brooks but I don’t see this being the same. I get what you are saying of course but Brooks had a few weeks off and a ton to play for. Casey is out for me.

• Big_Jacko

@Tour_Junkies said...

Keegan. He just went to the “Kuchar” method putting stroke which Webb also switched to lately and it appears to be improving. His ball striking has been really solid lately. He also grew up playing this course and has mentioned this as one of his favorites on Tour.

Thanks!

I enjoyed your interview with Billy Ho last week. Look forward to listening to this weeks podcast.

• Boneys2000

Gotta have Dicky Pride in at least one lineup,strictly on his name alone.JK,best of luck guys.Very helpful as always

• Tour_Junkies

@Big_Jacko said...

Thanks!

I enjoyed your interview with Billy Ho last week. Look forward to listening to this weeks podcast.

Thanks Big_Jacko! We appreciate your support. Billy Ho was better than we thought.

• KJP24

Plugging my ears and closing my eyes on all this Casey stuff…he’s one of my fav plays this week!! Aru70 at the PGA Champ and he had a great Sunday. Now what do I do with a guy that’s in 75% of my lineups…

• smallANDflaccid

@lexmarke238 said...

Yes, you can download/export your lineups using “edit entries”. Modify that .csv in excel (cut/paste the cells containing the lineups until they’re in the contests you want), then upload it back into DK.

Thank you!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler