PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

Here is some info from PGATour.com on the next event

COURSE: TPC River Highlands, 6,841 yards, par 70. River Highlands is actually the third layout on this bluff overlooking the Connecticut River, where the game has been played since 1928. Pete Dye gave the site a complete renovation when he arrived in 1982, and Bobby Weed added an upgrade seven years later in consultation with former PGA TOUR pros Howard Twitty and Roger Maltbie. Nos. 15-17 play around a four-acre lake, helping create a finish considered among the most exciting on TOUR. Peter Jacobsen triumphed when the Greater Hartford Open relocated there in 1984, then turned back the clock 19 years later to win it again.

FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

CHARITY: New England Charities, which has given more than $33 million to various organizations since its formation in 1952. This year’s list tops 180 charities, including the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, The First Tee of Connecticut, Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital and the Mark Twain Museum.

FIELD WATCH: World No. 6 Bubba Watson and Paul Casey, last year’s playoff combatants, head a roster that features 12 of the top 30 in the Official World Golf Rankings. … No. 12 Branden Grace, No. 14 Patrick Reed and No. 15 Louis Oosthuizen also help create a strong top of the lineup. … Jon Rahm, whose share of second at the RBC Canadian Open clinched special temporary status for the rest of the season, is among four freshly minted pros in the field. He’s joined by recent collegians Lee McCoy (Georgia), Robby Shelton (Alabama) and Jordan Niebrugge (Oklahoma State). … Also playing on special temporary status is Bryson DeChambeau, who tied for fourth in his pro debut at the RBC Heritage.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 258, Kenny Perry (2009).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 60, Tommy Bolt (2nd round, 1954 at Wethersfield CC), Patrick Cantlay (2nd round, 2011).

LAST YEAR: Watson staved off a fast-closing Casey for his eighth PGA TOUR win, though he needed to go two playoff holes to accomplish it. Watson held a three-shot advantage with five holes left, but a bogey at River Highlands’ 17th hole opened the door when Casey birdied three of his last five to finish off a 65. After both parred the first playoff hole, Casey stumbled on the third play at No.18 when his third shot from a greenside bunker flew the green and landed on a cart path. Watson’s wedge from 160 yards came to rest 8 feet from the hole, setting up the clinching birdie. The victory improved Watson’s record to 5-1 in playoffs, including a three-way playoff at the 2010 Travelers for his first TOUR trimph.

STORYLINES: Six of the past 10 Travelers winners have made it their first, including four in a row from Watson’s 2010 triumph to Ken Duke in 2013. … River Highlands will feature 56 players who teed it up at Baltusrol for this week’s PGA Championship. With the Travelers in its usual post-U.S. Open slot, three of its past six winners did not play the major a week earlier. … Six players are set to go from River Highlands to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympic Tournament, including three-fourths of the U.S. team: Watson, Reed and Matt Kuchar.

SHORT CHIPS: Just four New Englanders have won in Hartford, though two came back-to-back in 2005 (Brad Faxon) and 2006 (J.J. Henry). The others are Paul Azinger (1987, ’89) and Bob Toski (1953) … In the tournament’s 63-year history, only Phil Mickelson (2001-02) has managed to win it back-to-back. … Actor Kevin Nealon and and ESPN’s Chris Berman top the marquee for the Wednesday celebrity pro-am. That lineup also includes former Heisman Trophy winner Doug Flutie, two-time NBA champion Ray Allen and former UConn basketball coach Jim Calhoun.

TELEVISION:Thursday-Friday, 3-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1-2:30 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS).

PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m. (featured groups), 3-6 p.m. (featured holes). Saturday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (featured holes).

• 4Champion

Tyrrell Hatton was just added to the field to replace Pampling. Excited to see Hatton in person, seems like a rising star.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@4Champion said...

Tyrrell Hatton was just added to the field to replace Pampling. Excited to see Hatton in person, seems like a rising star.

dude just nutted the ball all week. Putting was suspect but I like this guy.

• BIF

@slpanthers24 said...

Ok. I will buy what BIF is saying. Makes more sense but there have been some good Monday qualifiers the past few years with all these studs young college guys trying to get into events. I’m taking one if they are indeed in the field. I hope.

I agree on the college guys and the top ones usually get a sponsors exemption; there are a few in the field this week but not as Amateurs anymore as they all just turned pro.

On that note, I saw that Jon Rahm played in this event last year as an Amateur (not sure if he was a Monday Q or a sponsors exemption) but he did make the cut last year so not his first trip around here.

• thetitanlb

I would say that this is a 2nd shot course basically. That’s why all types of players have won. Bubba has the best corse history but that is most likely because he is a elite wedge player. He is able to shape a ball and put spins on it that other players can’t.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@BIF said...

I agree on the college guys and the top ones usually get a sponsors exemption; there are a few in the field this week but not as Amateurs anymore as they all just turned pro.

On that note, I saw that Jon Rahm played in this event last year as an Amateur (not sure if he was a Monday Q or a sponsors exemption) but he did make the cut last year so not his first trip around here.

Rahm will be very highly owned. I think I’m fading him now. With his game logs the casual player will be on him and with his other intangibles the pro will be on him as well.

• thetitanlb

I think the key is just targeting the best wedge and proximity players in regards to pricing

• billholler

@slpanthers24 said...

Rahm will be very highly owned. I think I’m fading him now. With his game logs the casual player will be on him and with his other intangibles the pro will be on him as well.

If he is priced under 9k, he is a must play.

• anomalous1

Question: Do you do primarily cash or GPPs?

Its like the vol/variance associated w golf makes GPP especially difficult.

• Jpitten

I’m seeing +2600 odds on rahm so that’ll probably be right around 8700-8800

• awilson45

@Jpitten said...

I’m seeing +2600 odds on rahm so that’ll probably be right around 8700-8800

Seems about right

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@billholler said...

If he is priced under 9k, he is a must play.

He has to be under 9K I would think. We will know soon enough.

• Jpitten

What’s gonna be ownership on summerhays after this weekend d

• BIF

@4Champion said...

Hatton got in based on his Top 10 at PGA and decided to play when he found out he got the exemption into the field so he bumped Pampling down to 1st alternate (LOL) so now Pampling got in to the Monday Qualifier as a late addition because of him getting bumped out. Pampling may still get into tourney if someone WD’s but I guess he figured he might as well play the 4-spot qualifier to increase his chances.

Here is the 4-spot qualifier link if anyone cares
    https://ctpga.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/ctpga16/event/ctpga1613/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

• thetitanlb

Rahm has the 7th highest odds to win. So im guessing he will be over 9k. Usually there are like 10 guys at least over 9k.

• 4Champion

@BIF said...

Hatton got in based on his Top 10 at PGA and decided to play when he found out he got the exemption into the field so he bumped Pampling down to 1st alternate (LOL) so now Pampling got in to the Monday Qualifier as a late addition because of him getting bumped out. Pampling may still get into tourney if someone WD’s but I guess he figured he might as well play the 4-spot qualifier to increase his chances.

Here is the 4-spot qualifier link if anyone cares
    https://ctpga.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/ctpga16/event/ctpga1613/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

Ouch for Pampling

• steelcitydozer

@Jpitten said...

What’s gonna be ownership on summerhays after this weekend d

I’d say 9-11% but we will see .if many withdrawls occur it will be higher.

• jrob11811

Projecting ownership without having pricing is pointless.

• Jpitten

@jrob11811 said...

Projecting ownership without having pricing is pointless.

You must not realize the amount of people who play that pick names no matter price and fill in the rest with whoever is left

• TJRhodes

@thetitanlb said...

I would say that this is a 2nd shot course basically. That’s why all types of players have won. Bubba has the best corse history but that is most likely because he is a elite wedge player. He is able to shape a ball and put spins on it that other players can’t.

Anyone see this? http://thebiglead.com/2016/07/31/video-bryson-dechambeau-shares-video-of-vijay-singh-grinding-before-travelers-championship/

• Brian6035

Daniel Berger anyone?

• TJRhodes

Prices are up. Bubba at $12,300. Rahm $9800.

• walkoff9

They finally priced Grace where he should be.

• Pickle29

Top 10:

Bubba $12,300
    Grace $11,500
    Koepka $11,200
    Reed $10,900
    Kuchar $10,600
    Z. Johnson $10,200
    Simpson $10,000
    Casey $9,900
    Rahm $9,800
    Holmes $9,700
  • IceDog

only if it says guaranteed

• thetitanlb

@TJRhodes said...

Anyone see this? http://thebiglead.com/2016/07/31/video-bryson-dechambeau-shares-video-of-vijay-singh-grinding-before-travelers-championship/

Not surprised. You can tell he still cares.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler