PGA FORUM

Comments

• BIF

Here is some info from PGATour.com on the next event

COURSE: TPC River Highlands, 6,841 yards, par 70. River Highlands is actually the third layout on this bluff overlooking the Connecticut River, where the game has been played since 1928. Pete Dye gave the site a complete renovation when he arrived in 1982, and Bobby Weed added an upgrade seven years later in consultation with former PGA TOUR pros Howard Twitty and Roger Maltbie. Nos. 15-17 play around a four-acre lake, helping create a finish considered among the most exciting on TOUR. Peter Jacobsen triumphed when the Greater Hartford Open relocated there in 1984, then turned back the clock 19 years later to win it again.

FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

CHARITY: New England Charities, which has given more than $33 million to various organizations since its formation in 1952. This year’s list tops 180 charities, including the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, The First Tee of Connecticut, Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital and the Mark Twain Museum.

FIELD WATCH: World No. 6 Bubba Watson and Paul Casey, last year’s playoff combatants, head a roster that features 12 of the top 30 in the Official World Golf Rankings. … No. 12 Branden Grace, No. 14 Patrick Reed and No. 15 Louis Oosthuizen also help create a strong top of the lineup. … Jon Rahm, whose share of second at the RBC Canadian Open clinched special temporary status for the rest of the season, is among four freshly minted pros in the field. He’s joined by recent collegians Lee McCoy (Georgia), Robby Shelton (Alabama) and Jordan Niebrugge (Oklahoma State). … Also playing on special temporary status is Bryson DeChambeau, who tied for fourth in his pro debut at the RBC Heritage.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 258, Kenny Perry (2009).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 60, Tommy Bolt (2nd round, 1954 at Wethersfield CC), Patrick Cantlay (2nd round, 2011).

LAST YEAR: Watson staved off a fast-closing Casey for his eighth PGA TOUR win, though he needed to go two playoff holes to accomplish it. Watson held a three-shot advantage with five holes left, but a bogey at River Highlands’ 17th hole opened the door when Casey birdied three of his last five to finish off a 65. After both parred the first playoff hole, Casey stumbled on the third play at No.18 when his third shot from a greenside bunker flew the green and landed on a cart path. Watson’s wedge from 160 yards came to rest 8 feet from the hole, setting up the clinching birdie. The victory improved Watson’s record to 5-1 in playoffs, including a three-way playoff at the 2010 Travelers for his first TOUR trimph.

STORYLINES: Six of the past 10 Travelers winners have made it their first, including four in a row from Watson’s 2010 triumph to Ken Duke in 2013. … River Highlands will feature 56 players who teed it up at Baltusrol for this week’s PGA Championship. With the Travelers in its usual post-U.S. Open slot, three of its past six winners did not play the major a week earlier. … Six players are set to go from River Highlands to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympic Tournament, including three-fourths of the U.S. team: Watson, Reed and Matt Kuchar.

SHORT CHIPS: Just four New Englanders have won in Hartford, though two came back-to-back in 2005 (Brad Faxon) and 2006 (J.J. Henry). The others are Paul Azinger (1987, ’89) and Bob Toski (1953) … In the tournament’s 63-year history, only Phil Mickelson (2001-02) has managed to win it back-to-back. … Actor Kevin Nealon and and ESPN’s Chris Berman top the marquee for the Wednesday celebrity pro-am. That lineup also includes former Heisman Trophy winner Doug Flutie, two-time NBA champion Ray Allen and former UConn basketball coach Jim Calhoun.

TELEVISION:Thursday-Friday, 3-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1-2:30 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS).

PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m. (featured groups), 3-6 p.m. (featured holes). Saturday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (featured holes).

• Dewoc19

Missed the cut on a 6/6 by 1.5 points, think I’ll go blow my brains out now

Next week I’m just gonna play all the obvious players, ZJ, Stricker etc etc… cause this low owned shit ain’t working out

• JimKronlund

I won over 85% of my cash games with about 8 different LU’s.
    Sorry fellas maybe next week I will donate it all back and more.

• BIF

10 guys got the A4RU70 bonus of 5pts and I owned exactly 1 of them – Hoffman

That was very costly down the stretch despite having Furyk and Norlander who had great days.

Lots of cashes but nothing better than 3x makes for a small profit on GPP and a small loss in H2H

• RangerC

Bah got 23rd on the Gold Freeroll and almost everyone ahead of me had Furyk and/or Si Woo Kim (both guys had to make a putt on 18 to make cut).

What website gave out this LU?

Bradley/Furyk/Knox/Molinari/Summerhays/Thomas

There were 15 people with it in the Gold Freeroll and they beat me by 3 pts (gross). Also saw multiple people with it in single entry double ups.

• regns08

@RangerC said...

Bah got 23rd on the Gold Freeroll and almost everyone ahead of me had Furyk and/or Si Woo Kim (both guys had to make a putt on 18 to make cut).

What website gave out this LU?

Bradley/Furyk/Knox/Molinari/Summerhays/Thomas

There were 15 people with it in the Gold Freeroll and they beat me by 3 pts (gross). Also saw multiple people with it in single entry double ups.

yeah 330 ppl had that in the 5$ 10k double up

• smallANDflaccid

I accepted a new job over the weekend. Haven’t heard yet when exactly that will start, or how much that will change my play.
    Managed to win three contests on FF (technically first and second) and the smaller dogleg on DK this week – haven’t yet looked to see what pct of H2H I won (was trying out some new algos, so not sure what did well or got crushed).

Up ~5-6x buyins this week.

Also drunk.

Npw have to wip emy laptop in case when I go in to current job tomorrow they want to tak eeverything and kick me out.

• JimKronlund

@smallANDflaccid said...

Npw have to wip emy laptop in case when I go in to current job tomorrow they want to tak eeverything and kick me out.

Iho pe yo r nt 2 dr nk 2 r ed ths as i typd ths wi th ou t mkin ny msta kes

• noddy

i haven’t looked back but i would guess they made the John Deere small so the olympic golf contests fill.

• stlcardinals84

Leading RG Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

@noddy said...

i haven’t looked back but i would guess they made the John Deere small so the olympic golf contests fill.

Which goes back to the fact that the Olympic contests should have never been made that large.

• JimKronlund

Final update
    PGA $10 50/50! BY JIMKRONLUND
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/26398606?uc=443722773
    Another time 6 teams identical players and I see some names fore sure that were in another large dup win here.
    I complained last time but got no where. Anyways…
    A poorer showing for RG’ers in general
    Shamrock77s in 10th best RG’er
    HSXLNC 24th only 2 teams in top 25.
    9 teams 25-50

• mccoolio

@JimKronlund said...

Final update
    Another time 6 teams identical players and I see some names fore sure that were in another large dup win here.
    9 teams 25-50

Ever thought about making these things password protected/invite only? Is that possible?

• petecc7

@JimKronlund said...

I won over 85% of my cash games with about 8 different LU’s.
    Sorry fellas maybe next week I will donate it all back and more.

Nicely done, Jim. Congrats. Hope to get back to even with your this later this week.

• JimKronlund

@petecc7 said...

Nicely done, Jim. Congrats. Hope to get back to even with your this later this week.

Thank you, I am sure your right

• walkoff9

JmKronlund could probably run a bigger contests for the john deere than DK is offering themselves.

• JimKronlund

@mccoolio said...

Ever thought about making these things password protected/invite only? Is that possible?

Yeah not possible

• smallANDflaccid

Does anyone have a link to the $33 Dogleg with the $300k guaranteed?
    Or can at least tell me where 573 points would have finished (place, payout, and how many total players were there in the contest)?

• fabuluslife

573 gets you 2500. 573.5 got 3000. Thanks for the $h2h. One of my few wins this week. I suck

• smallANDflaccid

@fabuluslife said...

573 gets you 2500. 573.5 got 3000. Thanks for the $h2h. One of my few wins this week. I suck

Thank you!
    (both for the info, and for the game – doesn’t surprise me that I lost, lol!)

• BIF

@JimKronlund said...

Final update
    9 teams 25-50

I’m not sure DK can or will ever do anything about duplicate lineups – there are numerous lineup selling services – with lineup generators and optimal lineup projections being common info, it’s gonna happen. I personally don’t care if 20% of lineups were exactly the same as it is less unique lineups overall that I/you have to beat and we are that much closer to cash if/when you do.

I have a much bigger issue with the collusion to create more than the max #of lineups with the same subset of players – this allows someone to cover off more of the possible permutations/combinations of players. While I fully understand that more lineups does not guarantee sucess, when someone does have the right subset of players in the right week – having 300 combinations is exponentially better than 150 combinations of the same “right” players. If anyone disagrees, check out that same conspiring/collusion used by mazwa/ragingphilip to jointly take down the top 4 spots in a recent Milly and many other top spots or over $1.3M with 300 lineups.

• smallANDflaccid

@BIF said...

If anyone disagrees, check out that same conspiring/collusion used by mazwa/ragingphilip to jointly take down th top 4 spots in a recent Milly and many other top spots or over $1.3M with 300 lineups.

I’m far more impressed with their ability to generate good lineups, than I am about them combining two sets.

If they had only had 150, they likely still would have done well – as adding on an additional 150 isn’t what unlocks the magic.
    (If you colluded to do about 10k lineups, then you would start to have a real edge in most of these, but at that point the logistics and potentially the outlay would start to make it harder to justify.)

Only a few weeks before they did that, the allowed figures were 300 lineups and one even allowed 500 – they didn’t win those.

If people want to get pissed at it, particularly since DK claims it is against their rules – that’s fine by me.
    But in terms of the math of it, I personally don’t care and am just impressed at their picks.

• BIF

@smallANDflaccid said...

I’m far more impressed with their ability to generate good lineups, than I am about them combining two sets.

If they had only had 150, they likely still would have done well – as adding on an additional 150 isn’t what unlocks the magic.
    (If you colluded to do about 10k lineups, then you would start to have a real edge in most of these, but at that point the logistics and potentially the outlay would start to make it harder to justify.)

Only a few weeks before they did that, the allowed figures were 300 lineups and one even allowed 500 – they didn’t win those.

If people want to get pissed at it, particularly since DK claims it is against their rules – that’s fine by me.
    But in terms of the math of it, I personally don’t care and am just impressed at their picks.

Agree 100% it was a great subset of players but the guy who finished 5th with just 3 LU’s probably would have finished 1-3 spots higher (and made 10-90K more) if they only had 150 vs 300. So it does have a real impact on other players.

• JimKronlund

On top of all this its obvious that DK is disinterested in doing anything about any issue.
    They will just cut and paste a response. It will not matter if it is not remotely close to being on topic.
    A little sarcastic but only a little.
    The only real issue I have with these dup LU’s is that it has a perceived look of a contest being tainted. Especially when it goes as high as 8-10% of the total entrants.

• Tammy409

I gave up as early as Saturday as too jazzed about football’s arrival and also increasingly disillusioned with the difficulty of PGA Dfs. I checked on Monday and had 4 LU’s in excess of 46O pts (already erased from DK’s history), and Jeezus,,, What’s a guy gotta do to win fifty cents? I’m. Raking it in (as all should be) on this Olympic basketball without reading or knowing a thing. Look at last games” playing time, points, collect cash. A refreshing walk in the park by compare…

• Tammy409

@BIF said...

I’m not sure DK can or will ever do anything about duplicate lineups – there are numerous lineup selling services – with lineup generators and optimal lineup projections being common info, it’s gonna happen

Right. I’m still relatively new, but very early when I’d T100-T250 in large arcade Gpps for NFL ans occasionally when I got lucky in NBA or MLB, I always laughed at being the lone miscreant wedged between dozens of duped lineups, many of which were entered by same guy, but whatever… Enjoy being the minnow ruining the shark’s day.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler