• milanman21

Bayern Munich at Arsenal
    Barcelona at BATE Borisov
    Roma at Bayer Leverkusen
    Olympiakos at Dinamo Zagreb
    Maccabi Tel Aviv at FC Porto
    Gent at Valencia
    Lyon at Zenit

Have at it, looking forward to the exchange of ideas. As usual, there are the Bayern boys though Arsenal have defended better recently. Do they come to their senses and put Cech in goal? Which Barca forward is the better to start? Just some of the questions….

• wzander

I plan on avoiding Bayern and Arsenal like the plague. In my opinion, there are much better/cheaper options out there. Neymar or Suarez is really the most pertinent question. I’m leaning toward Suarez even though he is a bit more. However, I also don’t think its absolutely necessary to have either of them.

Chelsea is also playing at Dynamo Kyiv. I’m wagering Kyiv is going to win out.

• milanman21

I think the Dynamo-Chelsea game will be tight, and likely be a 1-1 final. Jose may be happy with that. With you on Arsenal-Bayern, but I might have a share of Muller. There is tons of value out there in the other games.

I’m expecting a fair amount of Porto stacks too.

• Krackdem

What about Diego Costa? Chelsea plays Dynamo Kiev. Should he be considered in the same discussion as Neymar and Suarez?

• wzander

@Krackdem said...

What about Diego Costa? Chelsea plays Dynamo Kiev. Should he be considered in the same discussion as Neymar and Suarez?

Costa is 9.7k which is pretty expensive for the form he has been in. He might be good for one whereas Neymar and Suarez have a brace/hat trick possibility. If you want to go Chelsea, Willian is a better option.

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

i dont play western europe teams in russia. just as a general rule. its the safest thing you can do

• milanman21

@hambazaza said...

i dont play western europe teams in russia. just as a general rule. its the safest thing you can do

Interesting approach. I played PSV guys last matchday in Moscow and did well. Though I’m probably off Chelsea and definitely off Lyon tomorrow.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@hambazaza said...

Venues definitely deserve special consideration in UCL play. Also weather conditions which should be checked in the morning.

It is a very interesting, challenging, slate. Many ways to go.

Leverkusen-Roma may have fantasy goodness and I need to research a bit Olympiakos at Zagabria, although my instincts say that it’s a game to avoid

• IronMonkey415

Any site that tells us who does the most crosses in a game?

• makeitrain99

Ok… no Western teams in Russia Got it Now when will your article be posted, you know i hang on all your thoughts and insight before i can even try making a lineup Especially Championship League Games

Please Help…

• old_T

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Krackdem said...

Absolutely not.

• TacoCatOP

Stacking Valencia and Porto defense, also love some picks from Zenit. Russian teams at home are usually very strong and Zenit got a solid season.

Aboubakar from Porto seems great, Bellarabi from Leverkusen and putting in some forward from Dinamo.

I’m in for fading Arsenal-Bayern, allthough someone like Costa seems tempting. Could be like over 2,5g game.

• old_T

@hambazaza said...

is this because of travel/environment or because you think the scoring is iffy in the Russia games?

Part of me definitely wants to play Valbuena today after he did on matchday 2 what I thought he was gonna do on matchday 1 when I did play him. Lyon need to score in this match.

• TacoCatOP

@old_T said...

is this because of travel/environment or because you think the scoring is iffy in the Russia games?

Every single big war leader failed to defeat Russia at their home! Haha

From what I know, usually every team hates flying to Russia or further. Long way, so some players may not recover that quickly and they are tired. The weather is getting very cold at night and again, some players may not play ideal game in there.

Environment just seems a little different there. Home fans are always amazing and creates a great atmosphere, but only few away supporters come across whole Europe. I am from Czech and even Czech teams hates flying east, and we are really close.

And in this Zenit – Lyon game I don’t see Zenit losing. They got lucky with the group and this victory almost puts them through to playoffs. Would be dumb if they don’t put everything in there, while I think Lyon is going to struggle. Didn’t beat Gent away and Valencia at home, allthough Valencia is having mediocre season in league.

• hambazaza

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@old_T said...

Part of me definitely wants to play Valbuena today after he did on matchday 2 what I thought he was gonna do on matchday 1 when I did play him. Lyon need to score in this match.

it’s a combination of the time change, the travel time and slow recovery time.

now obviously if a squad/manager was able to adequately save energy heading into the game, then the team can potentially do really well without exerting too much energy. if a matchup is overwhelmingly favoring the away team then i’ll reluctantly have some exposure to the visiting team. but usually, i generally avoid them unless given reason not to.

• hambazaza

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@makeitrain99 said...

Ok… no Western teams in Russia Got it Now when will your article be posted, you know i hang on all your thoughts and insight before i can even try making a lineup Especially Championship League Games

Please Help…

article should be on the front page right now!

• hambazaza

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@TacoCatOP said...

Stacking Valencia and Porto defense, also love some picks from Zenit. Russian teams at home are usually very strong and Zenit got a solid season.

Aboubakar from Porto seems great, Bellarabi from Leverkusen and putting in some forward from Dinamo.

I’m in for fading Arsenal-Bayern, allthough someone like Costa seems tempting. Could be like over 2,5g game.

I really like Douglas Costa, but I have no idea how to fit him in with all the forwards I want to roster

• gcowboy5886

If Gent were at home I’d really like some of their cheap defenders. I’m leery with them on the road though. Feels like there’s a chance this is a slump buster for Valencia and they get 3. However going with defenders like them doors open up something like Douglas Costa/suarez/hulk, which is always tempting.

• catt0025

New to the soccer scene… for cash games would you rather target Midfield or Forwards as your flex if given the choice? IE I am deciding between Chicharito Hernandez and Karim Bellarabi…

• catt0025

And where is the best place to look to see starting lineups?

• gcowboy5886

I usually go with the forward option in cash, but there are times I’d go with a midfielder. Chicharito is involved enough with the offense I’d take him personally. And rotowire posts the confirmed lineups, that’s usually where I go.

I can’t find anything about who would start for Maicon, do we just assume Layun should play?

• hambazaza

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@catt0025 said...

New to the soccer scene… for cash games would you rather target Midfield or Forwards as your flex if given the choice? IE I am deciding between Chicharito Hernandez and Karim Bellarabi…

I was looking into this earlier, and decided to dig deeper. I always target the player who is getting the more touches/opportunities for his team. over the last four games here are their touches(coming from whoscored)

Game Chicharito Bellarabi
    away at Hamburg 30 36
    home to Augsburg 33 35
    away to Barcelona 25 40
    away to Werder Bremen 10 (sub) 29

Ultimately, neither of them excites me as a cash option as they don’t touch the ball often, but Chicharito gets more shots off and is the more skilled player. If I had to pick a guy from this team it’s Calhanoglu as he gets almost twice as many touches as these guys and has as much upside as them. I’d find a way to fit him in your cash team.

• wzander

@gcowboy5886 said...

I usually go with the forward option in cash, but there are times I’d go with a midfielder. Chicharito is involved enough with the offense I’d take him personally. And rotowire posts the confirmed lineups, that’s usually where I go.

I can’t find anything about who would start for Maicon, do we just assume Layun should play?

Maicon isn’t starting?

If he isn’t, I gather Layun will start.

• gcowboy5886

I read he had a thigh injury, and he’s listed out on UEFA.com

• catt0025

Casillas / Cancelo or M. Ter Stegen / Gaya?

• old_T

@hambazaza said...

If I had to pick a guy from this team it’s Calhanoglu

I agree; find a way to get to Calhanoglu, especially for cash.

Layun should start. Indi could play at LB, but it makes sense for them to go with the more attacking player (Layun) in this m/u.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).