• milanman21

Bayern Munich at Arsenal
    Barcelona at BATE Borisov
    Roma at Bayer Leverkusen
    Olympiakos at Dinamo Zagreb
    Maccabi Tel Aviv at FC Porto
    Gent at Valencia
    Lyon at Zenit

Have at it, looking forward to the exchange of ideas. As usual, there are the Bayern boys though Arsenal have defended better recently. Do they come to their senses and put Cech in goal? Which Barca forward is the better to start? Just some of the questions….

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

Unless something changes from the official site, this will remain an own goal

• MKxMUFC

@Birnbach said...

Unless something changes from the official site, this will remain an own goal

That’s a joke. That is 100% a goal.

• pep4464

Champions league is a joke! It was a Goal for an hour and now it is suddenly not? If it was an own goal why was it awarded as a goal for an hour!

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@MKxMUFC said...

That’s a joke. That is 100% a goal.

I agree it’s a bad scoring decision. It would be nice if there was consistency from the stat providers. But DK has to stand by the stat provider for better or worse.

• MKxMUFC

@cccalloway said...

DK is on here and looking at. Can’t ask for much more. If you have seen the replay, its incredibly difficult to tell.

Doesn’t matter. It was on target, the deflection does not matter.

• Craptor

mondogoal has it credited as a goal since they use opta. Is there any other sport where you have something as important to points scored differently across multiple sites?

• badgerdores

The commentary on UEFA is funny,

“L. Nielsen (Gent) scores an own goal.
    It’s been coming and Valencia are in front now; Paco Alcácer is unable to supply the decisive touch to João Cancelo’s inviting cross, but a combination of Sofiane Feghouli and Lasse Nielsen forces the ball over the line from close range.”

A combination? New one to me

• milanman21

@badgerdores said...

It’s been coming and Valencia are in front now; Paco Alcácer is unable to supply the decisive touch to João Cancelo’s inviting cross, but a combination of Sofiane Feghouli and Lasse Nielsen forces the ball over the line from close range.”

I read that too, and I threw my coffee mug across the office. I still profited today, but I would have won a little more if that goal stood.

• MKxMUFC

@Craptor said...

s there any other sport where you have something as important to points scored differently across multiple sites?

So the pure soccer DFS site has it scored right? DK has it scored wrong. UEFA is trash and corrupt, why use their site. Use ESPN who has GOAL = Sofiane Feghouli 15’

• Stewburtx8

@badgerdores said...

Right, which is what the replay shows (although it’s not the best replay). It which case, the benefit of the doubt should go to the offensive player. I actually hate own goals in general. Unless it is a blatant deflection that puts the ball directly in the net, the offensive player should get the goal. Basically if it is on target and had a high likelihood of going in regardless of a touch from the defender, give the goal to the offensive player.

• MKxMUFC

I’m top 3 in multiple GPPs and its a difference of about 5 points…no one has him above me. Probably DK employees or something though so we won’t get the goal.

• jtwfantasy

DK continues to be an absolute joke of a DFS site.

• Stewburtx8

@MKxMUFC said...

Probably DK employees or something though so we won’t get the goal.

Not necessary to say. Other than DK failing to change their stat providers (you have no idea what the cost may be), this is not their fault. It’s just that STATS and UCL are not the best stat providers for soccer.

It definitely isn’t good though that Mondogoal and DK score a GOAL differently. That’s not very much fun as a DFS player with a lack of consistency on the most important stat in soccer. I do not see this scored as an own goal anywhere else but UEFA/UCL.

• pep4464

they cant get the scoring right for the most owned player on the slate

• old_T

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Stewburtx8 said...

Unless it is a blatant deflection that puts the ball directly in the net, the offensive player should get the goal. Basically if it is on target and had a high likelihood of going in regardless of a touch from the defender, give the goal to the offensive player.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but what you said is pretty much exactly what the rule is currently.

I watched the replay as best I could, Feghouli goes for the cheeky between-the-legs-back-heel shot. He may or may not have gotten a piece of it with his heel, but either way it does look like the defender sliding in behind him got the “decisive touch” that directed the ball towards goal. It’s hard to tell in the replay, but I think OG is actually correct; whether or not Feghouli got a touch, it doesn’t look like it was enough to direct it towards goal.

As a disclaimer, I was basically all-in on Feghouli today so my opinion is not biased.

• pep4464

https://t.co/edGyxvyqpd how is this not a goal??????????? 2nd angle is clear as day with the back heel.

• Loveyduvey50

Lol that was not an own goal. That is a regular ole play that resulted from a deflection. These sort of goals happen all the time in soccer. How is this one an own goal???

• gcowboy5886

This isn’t necessarily anyone’s blatant negligence or wrong doing. I think it’s like in baseball. We get doubles scored as errors and vice versa that have a say in the slate. It’s a rule open for interpretation, and the official scorekeeper had to interpret it. As such, one stat provider (scorekeeper) that says OG, and another that says goal. The rule leaves them that leeway to make the decision.

• MKxMUFC

Literally costing me a few hundred. What a joke lol

• bassic

@pep4464 said...

https://t.co/edGyxvyqpd how is this not a goal??????????? 2nd angle is clear as day with the back heel.

that’s a goal plain & simple.

• pep4464

@gcowboy5886 said...

As such, one stat provider (scorekeeper) that says OG, and another that says goal. The rule leaves them that leeway to make the decision.

One stat provider called it an own goal and every other provider called it a goal.

• Stewburtx8

@old_T said...

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but what you said is pretty much exactly what the rule is currently.

I watched the replay as best I could, Feghouli goes for the cheeky between-the-legs-back-heel shot. He may or may not have gotten a piece of it with his heel, but either way it does look like the defender sliding in behind him got the “decisive touch” that directed the ball towards goal. It’s hard to tell in the replay, but I think OG is actually correct; whether or not Feghouli got a touch, it doesn’t look like it was enough to direct it towards goal.

As a disclaimer, I was basically all-in on Feghouli today so my opinion is not biased.

I think it is the rule but I have seen it applied inconsistently. To me if Feghoulis touch is putting it in without the defenders touch then I think it’s Feghouli’s goal. I don’t care about the extra few bucks I would of won. It’s just frustrating that there is consistently “issues” or discrepancies in soccer scoring. It has to be a turnoff to newer players (and veteran players for that matter).

• hpharri1994

I definitely won’t be playing soccer on Draftkings anymore. What a joke.

• mallotc93

Frustrating slate. Nowhere near the prizes today but I felt as though I picked good squads. I went all in on Feghouli so that decision hurts. I am finding it a lot harder to cash in on midweek CL games opposed to MLS. Hopefully tomorrow will improve.

• ChaseRo

@pep4464 said...

Not only was it a goal, it was an amazing goal. It was a 16 point swing for me as it would have been an assist for Alcacer as well.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).