• milanman21

Bayern Munich at Arsenal
    Barcelona at BATE Borisov
    Roma at Bayer Leverkusen
    Olympiakos at Dinamo Zagreb
    Maccabi Tel Aviv at FC Porto
    Gent at Valencia
    Lyon at Zenit

Have at it, looking forward to the exchange of ideas. As usual, there are the Bayern boys though Arsenal have defended better recently. Do they come to their senses and put Cech in goal? Which Barca forward is the better to start? Just some of the questions….

• eforsty

This situation has arised in many different sports. It’s unfortunate, but DK’s hands are tied, changing data from their official stat feed would open itself up to a big can of worms. It’s definitely frustrating for DFSers, but IMO anger should be directed at the stats provider.

• pep4464

@eforsty said...

This situation has arised in many different sports. It’s unfortunate, but DK’s hands are tied, changing data from their official stat feed would open itself up to a big can of worms. It’s definitely frustrating for DFSers, but IMO anger should be directed at the stats provider.

The stat provider has been proven faulty and should have been changed before this year, like DK said they would look into changing because of all the errors. They ended up not changing to opta. So it is in fact DK’s fault.

• wazzu24

RG LoL Writer

@pep4464 said...

The stat provider has been proven faulty and should have been changed before this year, like DK said they would look into changing because of all the errors. They ended up not changing to opta. So it is in fact DK’s fault.

I agree with this. It isn’t DK’s fault the stat provider is bad, but it is their fault that they use that stat provider. Sounds like they are finally going to change, though.

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

Aguilar said they would be switching to opta soon today so we will see, hopefully in the next couple weeks

• pep4464

@Faucher said...

Aguilar said they would be switching to opta soon today so we will see, hopefully in the next couple weeks

Wow great news!!

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@CBassXU said...

EDIT: Aguiar has corrected himself on Twitter and said they will not be holding longer so feel free to disregard

I think that is the correct course of action.

It would set a bad precedent.

I have nothing to gain and a few bucks to lose from this, but I have been on the bad side of big swings/bad stats decisions so I understand how one would request the delay in payouts. And I understand why (as a friend) someone may have said yes.

But they need to stick by their rules.

Glad to hear they will change to OPTA. About time…

• gcowboy5886

So to get this straight, if a stats provider scored it the way you saw it and interpreted it, they are great and just doing their job. But if someone sees it differently and doesn’t, they are wrong and can’t do their job right. Interesting. You can hate the rule for leaving so much room for interpretation, don’t hate that others see it differently than you. For what it’s worth, after watching the clip 50 times, I think it’s a goal. But I can completely understand why someone could see it the other way.

• old_T

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@CBassXU said...

EDIT: Aguiar has corrected himself on Twitter and said they will not be holding longer than usual box score checks

does someone have a link to this on twitter? just interested to see if anything else is said about it.

• MKxMUFC

They are still stat correcting. I dropped 1 spot in a GPP lol. Lost only $4 but still crazy they are STILL stat correcting. I swear they better give him his goal.

• Craptor

Would obviously love to have consistency in scored, and that only happens if they switch to opta. Last week the di maria assist save me a few thousand, this week the feghouli non goal (and subsequent alcacer non assist) will prob cost me a few k. I just roll my eyes and try not to stress about it.

DK clearly has no desire to change anything because they likely get stats on the cheap and don’t want to shell out $ for a new stat provider (opta is really expensive fwiw). I’m in florida so my give a fuck is at an all time low cause i realize there’s a good chance i won’t even be able to play dfs in the near future.

• joec20

They paid out without giving him his goal.

• GulfCoastToes

I won a GPP today because that was awarded an own goal. Haven’t seen a great slo-mo angle, but from what I can tell, that was a goal. $85 difference for me, though. Not complaining.

• pew_pew_pew

RG Overall Ranking

I’ve been on the wrong end of these decisions both the Fougouli and the Aurier assist last slate that cost me a shitload of money, it sucks but DK has been consistent with the way these issues have been handled. UCL site and STATS are the issue, and the players voicing their unhappiness and wanting OPTA is the way to go, but lets not make DFS issues worse with no cause, there is no conspiracy STATS is clear where their feed is and UCL is just terrible at it.

• MKxMUFC

Hilarious how the ONLY site to have own goal has him with an assist: http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/players/player=250003440/profile/index.html

We also didn’t get that.

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

Just to chime in here, there’s a bunch of spots that have it as an own goal now. UCL Official site, flashscore.com, xscores.com, FoxSports.com, FotMob

It’s not a perfect system and it stinks it was given as a goal originally, but we must side with our stats provider and the official UCL site in these instances.

• Loveyduvey50

@Birnbach said...

Just to chime in here, there’s a bunch of spots that have it as an own goal now. UCL Official site, flashscore.com, xscores.com, FoxSports.com, FotMob

It’s not a perfect system and it stinks it was given as a goal originally, but we must side with our stats provider and the official UCL site in these instances.

Amen, now lets move on.

• Kcannon

• 2015 DraftKings FCFWC Finalist

• x2

2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

There are also a bunch of sites that have it as a goal including…UEFA now.

• MKxMUFC

@Kcannon said...

UEFA

I guess they should have waited for the morning, though I guess I see why they did not.

• MKxMUFC

@Birnbach said...

Every site had him with a goal or an assist if they counted it as an own goal. Neither was given.

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@Kcannon said...

There are also a bunch of sites that have it as a goal including…UEFA now.

They are awful. Originally ruled a goal, then some nutjob decides to nitpick and see it differently, then they just change it back to the original ruling. It was not hard to see the replay and see Feghouli clearly gets a touch directed on goal, at that point it should be a goal regardless of the deflection by the defender. But I’ll stop beating a dead horse and move on to Wednesday. Draftkings did what they had to do, it’s just frustrating that these “issues” with scoring continue to happen in soccer. It’s probably good that soccer is still small in terms of overall dollars, so we don’t have 5-6 figures exchanging hands on these incorrect scoring decisions.

• MKxMUFC

@Stewburtx8 said...

They are awful. Originally ruled a goal, then some nutjob decides to nitpick and see it differently, then they just change it back to the original ruling. It was not hard to see the replay and see Feghouli clearly gets a touch directed on goal, at that point it should be a goal regardless of the deflection by the defender. But I’ll stop beating a dead horse and move on to Wednesday. Draftkings did what they had to do, it’s just frustrating that these “issues” with scoring continue to happen in soccer. It’s probably good that soccer is still small in terms of overall dollars, so we don’t have 5-6 figures exchanging hands on these incorrect scoring decisions.

SethayatesDFS: wazzu24 @cjstetzer For the record, Wilson’s was 1 catch for like 35 yards. Almost equal to a TD. FD did hold payments, DK didn’t

We just need FanDuel to start soccer.

• thetitanlb

Damn what a struggle for day 4. Had 2 of my players subbed off already. Come on man!!

• thetitanlb

Bony subbed off make that 3 now. This is crazy…

• Stewburtx8

• 2012 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@MKxMUFC said...

SethayatesDFS: wazzu24 @cjstetzer For the record, Wilson’s was 1 catch for like 35 yards. Almost equal to a TD. FD did hold payments, DK didn’t

We just need FanDuel to start soccer.

Fanduel seems to have no interest in niche sports, so I don’t see that happening.

Also, I have no issue with how Draftkings handled it. They need to remain consistent. Paying contests out more than 15 hours after they conclude would not be good. Also, when Fanduel held payments, it was on a game that ended at like midnight or 1 in the morning. Draftkings paid out around 2 or 3 AM, Fanduel paid out a few hours later. The only “mistake” by Draftkings may be in their choice of stat provider for soccer, but I have no clue the cost of Opta.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).