MLB FORUM

Comments

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

Tuesday Weather Update – Yep, we’ve got storms to talk about.

OK, most spots look good, but that line of storms moving towards the East Coast could be problematic for some… we’ll get to that in a bit.

SD @ COL – A few isolated showers/storms, most stay south of the stadium, but I can’t rule out a delay completely. YELLOWGREEN

CHC @ CIN – Again, with some rain around (but not a lot), it looks fine to get in, but there’s a slight chance of a delay. YELLOWGREEN

Next is this line of storms headed out east… the farther east the game is, the less likely the storms will make it in time to disrupt play. In order of good to bad:

CWS @ BOS – Storms won’t arrive until after midnight. GREEN

ATL @ NYM – I still don’t think those storms get to NY in time, but it’s closer than in Boston. I’ll go YELLOW

Bal @ WASH – The line of storms will indeed make it to Washington during game time. I think delays are likely, and I can’t rule out the game getting called early, pushed back, whatever other ugly weather outcomes are possible. It’s not a 100% washout, but it ain’t pretty. ORANGE

Don’t forget to check me out on twitter, @KevinRothWx.

As always, it’s just a forecast, things can and will change, but I sure hope it helps. Good luck!

- Kevin

• jenbenners

everything i see now for bal/was shows the storms getting there much later. what is your opinion on this? thanks for all your great work here.

• iSplashRollz

@jenbenners said…

everything i see now for bal/was shows the storms getting there much later. what is your opinion on this? thanks for all your great work here.

Bal @ WASH – The line of storms will indeed make it to Washington during game time. I think delays are likely, and I can’t rule out the game getting called early, pushed back, whatever other ugly weather outcomes are possible. It’s not a 100% washout, but it ain’t pretty. ORANGE

I think that is Kevin’s opinion

• jenbenners

thanks splash. i think the change in projection happened after his initial post.

• iSplashRollz

@jenbenners said…

thanks splash. i think the change in projection happened after his initial post.

np, ( :

• donkshow

Any updated in Baltimore?

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

My opinion is everything else is wrong :p
    Lol, I’m half kidding… But my view hasn’t changed. DC was just placed under a severe thunderstorm warning, which means storms are on the door-step. Not sure where you got that bit of info from, but I’d trash it as a weather resource.
    Good luck!

• KevinRothWx

RG Chief Meteorologist

Game is in DC, not Balt (not that it matters too much in this case). Storms on the way, I expect a late start or delay, could be worse, but don’t know for sure.

• Duncanonu

Thanks Kevin

• jenbenners

thanks kevin

• ksinn2

How does Cincy look?

• bucherpsu08

WAS Balt confirmed won’t start on time

• sonicattack

I live 30 or so minutes east of DC. Definitely storming. But it’s not supposed to last all night so if they can wait it out an hour, should play I think.

• JMToWin

• x2

2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

Nooooooooo!!!!!!

I’m in 5th place in the Qualifier on DraftKings, and I still have both of my pitchers left to go. (The next person with 2 pitchers still remaining is way back in 26th place, 20 points behind me – putting me in great shape.) But I have Nelson Cruz on that team. And the game just got postponed.

I just got Scott Carrolled.

• chronoxiong

I am beyond pissed right now. I always pay attention to the weather reports on games. If it seems bad, I usually just avoid picking players from those games. But tonight for the Orioles/Nats game, I decided to play two guys from it (Markakis and Cruz) because the games usually end up being played anyways. And then guess what happens? It gets ppd. So the one time that I figured a game still gets to be played doesn’t? You got to be kidding me. What a horrible night. I donated money tonight.

• sonicattack

I’ve been doing mostly bad lately so no surprise that I would bust on both my pitchers and Cruz not playing tonight.

Plus Stanton and other notables put up duds.

• sonicattack

@JMToWin said…

Nooooooooo!!!!!!

I’m in 5th place in the Qualifier on DraftKings, and I still have both of my pitchers left to go. (The next person with 2 pitchers still remaining is way back in 26th place, 20 points behind me – putting me in great shape.) But I have Nelson Cruz on that team. And the game just got postponed.

I just got Scott Carrolled.

Grats on the seat tho!

• JMToWin

• x2

2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@sonicattack said…

Grats on the seat tho!

Thanks, brother. I’m fortunate the Cruz misplay did not come back to bite me! I’ll learn my lesson next time and remember: If Kevin says Orange, I better stay away!

• hootie2485

in one of my FD $25 10 mans…

a guy with a Nats/Orioles stack with Springer/Altuve and Gray got 2nd place LMAO

literally got 2nd with 3 players

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

Kevin’s insights are awesome. Is it possible to get email alerts?

• hootie2485

you can follow him on twitter

• kaetorade

• 2013 DraftStreet DSBBC Finalist

Thanks guys!

• Ross

@kaetorade said…

Kevin’s insights are awesome. Is it possible to get email alerts?

I know the weather thread with a quick summary of his thoughts are included in the MLB email alerts.
    Adding his updates to the alerts would probably be a good idea, will pass it along.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).