STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• kroos1234

bayern vs barcelona (0-3) Allianz arena Real madrid vs Juventus (1-2) Santiago Bernabeu
    looks like this is the final Champions league matches on draftkings for the 2014-15 season

i must say i think we are going to have wild draftkings winning lineups
    will Lewandowski with his recent price drop take alot of shots and score at the Allianz arena
    will Cristiano ronaldo take about 25 shots and try to overtake Messi for the top scorer in champions league all time?

personally i think barca will go through and it will be easy for them , theyre not giving up 4 goals . then again they are facing a bayern who unleashed a blitzkrieg on porto

as for madrid i think they will go through even though they expect a very tough juventus defense . i think los blancos will attack from the get go in what is basically their final.

• old_T

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I don’t really think Bayern have the mentality/confidence/personnel right now to dominate Barca they way that would be required for them to have a chance, but they should score – could definitely see like a 2-2 draw here.

The Madrid-Juve match could have a somewhat different dynamic than one might think. Sure Juve will defend, but they’re also smart enough to know that any team keeping a CS away to Real Madrid is most likely just not going to happen no matter how good your defense. Combine that with the fact that they also know a 1-0 win for Real would send Real through, and they should/will be prepared to attack, or at least once they go down 1-0 they will have to.

• hambazaza

RG Blog Program Manager, 2014 RG Party Beer Pong Champion

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

Bayern are going to have a hard time winning 4-0 without their top players. if they were getting people back today then maybe i’d be willing to believe they have a chance. a 2-2 draw seems like an expected result i can get behind.

and like Old_T said, Juventus are too smart to just pack it in and rely on a counter attack to get them a win or even hope for a draw and a push through. RM are too good to really be held scoreless at home (they have scored at least one goal in each home match this season, btw) so they WILL most likely score. With that, I think Juventus will attack HARD this match to try to score an early goal and take some wind out of the Madrid sails.

Personally, I’m thinking that any of the goalkeepers is in play today, with barca being the safest defense/GK combo to take. The most likely keeper on a GPP winning team will probably be Casillas since he may see a lot of action due to what I described above. obviously, you can’t ignore Buffon or Neuer either.

Offense will be tough to pinpoint, between the big three in Barca, the myriad of secondary attacking options that Bayern will push forward with, Ronaldo and Messi are likely to score today, but maybe it’s Neymar’s turn to score a hat-trick? I don’t know.

Juventus is pretty predictable offensively, Morata or Tevez will take the majority of the shots, a midfielder will probably get a 1-2 going for an open play goal down the middle. The touches will mostly filter to the right side and the 4-3-1-2 will probably be a 3-2-3-2 when they’re pushing forward which will leave them open in the back for James or Ronaldo to score on a good set-up play.

• Gfry3

Ham, any interest in Pogba for cheap? or Rakitic?

• badgerdores

I don’t like any of the keepers for a clean sheet so leaning Buffon cause he’s the cheapest. Really uncertain how games will play out so probably go light on cash and heavier GPP today. My gut says Bayern won’t go without a fight and could easily win 3-1, but they had another poor performance over the weekend and Barca are so hot another 3-0 wouldn’t shock me either.

Feel a bit better on the Juve Madrid match. Madrid are just going to be too much. If Juve doesn’t park the bus Mourinho style and try to get their goal on the counter the tie might be over by halftime. I do think they will play super defensive but it will still be 2-0 or 3-1 Madrid. I’d feel even better about Real’s chances if they’d bench Bale in favor of Chicharito. Bale fits in at Madrid about as well as Di Maria at United. The clubs should just swap players and everyone would benefit.

• hambazaza

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@Gfry3 said...

Ham, any interest in Pogba for cheap? or Rakitic?

Pogba is a huge steal for his price. I think he can really be the catalyst to push forward. However, if I’m wrong on the read of the match he could be utterly useless.

The biggest problem with Pogba is his limited upside if he’s not involved in a goal as Juventus’ game doesn’t rely on crosses much and Real Madrid’s defense isn’t good enough to push them out to the edges to force Juventus to cross. so… don’t take Pogba in a cash game I guess is my recommendation.

Rakitic, I’m indifferent about, I don’t generally like Barcelona’s midfielders as Messi usually drops back and does all the playmaking and they just sit back and let him do his thang

• hambazaza

• Blogger of the Month

• Beer Pong Champion

@badgerdores said...

I don’t like any of the keepers for a clean sheet so leaning Buffon cause he’s the cheapest. Really uncertain how games will play out so probably go light on cash and heavier GPP today. My gut says Bayern won’t go without a fight and could easily win 3-1, but they had another poor performance over the weekend and Barca are so hot another 3-0 wouldn’t shock me either.

Feel a bit better on the Juve Madrid match. Madrid are just going to be too much. If Juve doesn’t park the bus Mourinho style and try to get their goal on the counter the tie might be over by halftime. I do think they will play super defensive but it will still be 2-0 or 3-1 Madrid. I’d feel even better about Real’s chances if they’d bench Bale in favor of Chicharito. Bale fits in at Madrid about as well as Di Maria at United. The clubs should just swap players and everyone would benefit.

I actually read several reports that Bale and Di Maria are rumored for a swap

Chicharito not getting all the minutes is borderline criminal with how good he is… probably could have won La Liga this year if he was getting the starts this year.

• old_T

I’m thinking Chicharito and Bale both start tomorrow…

EDIT: Hmm now reading that Benzema is supposedly fit though…

• badgerdores

@hambazaza said...

Chicharito not getting all the minutes is borderline criminal

I wouldn’t go that far. I prefer Benzema for sure, but Little Pea is their best option at the moment. He really has no one to blame other than himself for lack of playing time. If you weren’t starting at United what on Earth makes you think you’d see much time by transferring to Madrid?

• badgerdores

@old_T said...

Assume you drop James to midfield? Could work, but risky in that I don’t think those 4 have ever started a game together before and UCL semifinals isn’t the place to try new things.

• badgerdores

@old_T said...

EDIT: Hmm now reading that Benzema is supposedly fit though…

Yeah, I see that too. That would really throw a monkey wrench in there. I almost never roster a player his first game back from injury as they usually have a bit of rust to shake off. If Benzema had played over the weekend like Pogba, I’d feel a lot better about him. There are literally seven forwards worthy of playing. Compare that to EPL where many weeks there are only 2 or 3.

• tgerty117546

Boateng best option for sub 4k value play?

• Birnbach

DraftKings Rep

depends at what point Messi decides to cross him up again

• old_T

@badgerdores said...

Assume you drop James to midfield? Could work, but risky in that I don’t think those 4 have ever started a game together before and UCL semifinals isn’t the place to try new things.

Yes actually I’m pretty sure this is what they did last weekend against Valencia, but I didn’t watch the match and they got an early red. But still, my thought is that they were trying that formation out because they were seriously considering using it on Wednesday.

• badgerdores

Listen to those Bayern fans. Impressive. You know Madrid fans and many others would have left or be whistling. German fans are the best in Europe.

As for the game those that played Neymar are the winners with Suarez getting subbed at half.

• Craptor

Neymar has been criminally underowned the entire cl with last game being the only game where he really didn’t have good production.

• mquirog1

Is it just me or does Dani Carvajal have two crosses missing so far?

• Craptor

lol madrid.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).