MAIN FORUM

Comments

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Figured I’d get an early start on this thread since it’s a huge week. Should be a lot of action on DK and a great opportunity to win some cash. The big question: Rousey, Joanna or both??

• RangerC

@RangerC said...

Don’t get me wrong – I think Rousey will win, but a $20 on Holm at those odds looks marginally +EV (similar to taking a 300-1 shot in golf) and would be a fun bet. DFS wise Rousey might be a fade because a 10 second armbar is only worth 102 points or so (I had a 5 win Rousey lineup when she fought Zingano and it wasn’t close to optimal because the other 1st round finishers had 110 or more).

Bah why do I never take my own advice… forgot to make this bet :-(

• snapped

fyi leroi.. because of how logically and passionately you stated your case I was 100% Holms/0% Rousey in my 8 line ups. Thanks for such good advice. I really appreciate it!

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Nice call those of you “predicted it”. Really hope you got paid off on it!

• Revolution

Just read this thread. Leroi please PayPal me some of your millions you surely won with that call

Please tell me you went big on your hunch

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

From my still shocked post figt analysis, Ronda chased her around the Octagon wayyy too much. Wasn’t patient or technical at all, so wild. Holly had great counter striking. Ronda seemed exhausted after first round and didn’t change gameplan. Still don’t think oblique kicks or boxing had much to do with it, more so her movement. Thoughts?

• BobGrinder

I hope Ronda is OK they just said they are taking her to the hospital.

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

I didn’t have too much money to spare… Lol… But I won some cash…. Definately… My lineups kicked ass too…

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

Bbbomb…. I was the only one in this thread to call it.. Thanks for the props… Ya’ll thought I was bullshittin…. Nope….. TKO

• slcseas

@bbbomb said...

From my still shocked post figt analysis, Ronda chased her around the Octagon wayyy too much. Wasn’t patient or technical at all, so wild. Holly had great counter striking. Ronda seemed exhausted after first round and didn’t change gameplan. Still don’t think oblique kicks or boxing had much to do with it, more so her movement. Thoughts?

I think she climbed aboard her own hype train and thought she was invincible. She’s never fought anybody close to that caliber and as soon as she realized it she was utterly clueless how to respond. She did the only thing she knows how to do. Charge, hope the opponent panics and slip on the Armbar. Oops.

• gravycakes

Not taking Ronda in 50/50s was a bad decision regardless if she won or not. Since everyone had her if she won and you didn’t have her you were screwed. Good call on the fight tho Leroy

• thetitanlb

@LeRoiStephon said...

Bbbomb…. I was the only one in this thread to call it.. Thanks for the props… Ya’ll thought I was bullshittin…. Nope….. TKO

Ill eat my crow. Good call

• BobGrinder

@LeRoiStephon said...

It went exactly how you said it would Leroi, nice call man. What really surprised me was Holm’s ability to get away from Ronda every time she caught her. She fought a great fight.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@LeRoiStephon said...

Yep you deserve it! UFC 200 rematch gonna be a big one.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@gravycakes said...

Not taking Ronda in 50/50s was a bad decision regardless if she won or not. Since everyone had her if she won and you didn’t have her you were screwed. Good call on the fight tho Leroy

Forsure, the process was still correct to take her in cash imo, was a pretty easy night to cash even with Ronda in your lineup.

• heartman

Best MMA prediction of the year Leroi. Excellent!

• BobGrinder

They just said that was THE biggest upset in US title fight history.

• EasyRawlins

@LeRoiStephon said...

Didn’t agree with you – you were right, I was wrong. But I did think you had enough of a case to hedge my bets and take your advice. Took down the DK Jab with 565 pts and won some straight-up and prop bets on Holly as well. Wish I would have won the $20 and $100 tournaments and not the $1 jawn.

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

Shoot me a 10 spot on paypal then lol… Just kidding…. But big point…. Raquel Pennington is an awesome boxer…. She just dosn’t have anything great about her grappling game… Her boxing game is ever improving…. I’d say 3rd best in the division behind Holm and Germaine De Randamie…. She has loads of potential…Rousey’s judo makes her striking look way better than it is… It’s way better than it was though…

• xMiami2Ibiza

been silent on here for a long time, but must say….big ups to leroi! u went where no one would go tonight. as much as i wanted (and was cheering when it happened) could not predict the upset. awesome sauce brother

• Avgplayer

That fight, the finish, this is why I love mma!

• rpak1

Just curious, how did this work in DK MMA? Perfect GPP kind of night hahah

• xMiami2Ibiza

in the $3, $125,000 tourney (biggest i can look at). there was a 28! way tie for first place. lineup consisted of Holm, JJ, Hunt, Noke, and Villante.

• bigtroll04

the real bet was simply lay $20 on holly at +1200 to win dammit I didn’t

• EasyRawlins

@bigtroll04 said...

the real bet was simply lay $20 on holly at +1200 to win dammit I didn’t

I had 3 on her to win outright and 1 on her to win by ko.

• momonari

@waterlike said...

I’m going to really go out on a limb here and say Holly Holm stands negative chance to win :-)

I lol’ed reading this.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).