MAIN FORUM

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Salaries already out for UFC 197, should be a pretty popular event for the masses.

DraftKings is running a $5, 150k GPP which is great news for MMA community, as it’s obviously continuing to grow. Should be a great slate for those who put in work!

Who do you guys like one week in advance? I think Jones will be super popular but for good reason, and the mid-range is pretty solid. Not a ton of value at the moment.

• bighop04

Can’t tell you how excited I am to get Bones into my lineups. I think there are a decent amount of finishes on this card, and some of the really cheap plays have some upside that I like. Lots of close matchups, going to take some serious digging to figure out what I want. Cejudo for the price seems very hard to ignore, I just wish there were more strong expensive plays to pair him with like there was yesterday.

• Divine_Prodigy

Jon Bones Jones will finish OSP , it just won’t be in the first round . Jon feels he will have to settle in first sooo idk for 11.4K ….unless he piles up SS… But then again it’s Jones baby ….

I like Cejudo to actually win . I know MM is P4P one of the best but Cejudo is studying this man to a tee …. Not that I’m taking this serious or anything …but I put them against each other on UFC 2 ….Hardest mode ….Cejudo destroyed him with TD’s ….lol but that’s just a game . Robert Whitaker will destroy Natal the only question is will he finish ? ….I like Hot chocolate Danny Roberts against Steele for a finish ….The most underrated GPP play will be between Clint Hester and De Lima …that fight WILL end in a finish and I’m more inclined to lean De Lima ….

• johnnyj580

As a NYer, who’s best sport was MMA, this thread brings a tear to my eye. I already miss looking up salary relative to finish upside.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

I think Cejudo will be popular but not sure how much I like him. What’s his upside really?

• Divine_Prodigy

As far as upside I look at it like this for Cejudo…. He’s in a 5 round fight at 8.4K and allows you to get all the studs for finishes….Demetrious Johnson hasn’t faced a wrestler of the Olympic caliber of Cejudo and although DJ’s TDD is good , he can be taken down . If you remember versus Ian McCall (a fight he arguably lost the first time) , he was taken down about 7 or more times . I don’t see a finish happening so it’s 5 rounds of strikes for Cejudo and of course 2+ points for every TD….watching the UFC countdown , Cejudo is preparing very well for this and he can keep up with the fast high pace that DJ sets . Their cardio should be on point . That’s just my case for him right now. This all goes out the window if Cejudo misses weight but I believe he will make it again . I like DJ and he’s the second P4P fighter arguably….but Cejudo has ways to win

• bighop04

@bbbomb said...

I think Cejudo will be popular but not sure how much I like him. What’s his upside really?

Yeah that is the problem, I would say odds are it goes the distance, and he is likely to pay off the 8k, but winning seems very unlikely. I will probably go to some of the other cheaper guys that can actually get finishes instead of Cejudo and just play Johnson instead lol.

• weed526

just looking at it i think two fights are key.

hester vs de lima
    east vs harris.

really don’t know about who wins them but pretty sure they will be finishes

• Divine_Prodigy

This guy gets it …. I was leaning more De Lima but now I’m on Hester been a fan of his for a long time and he moved up to 205 so he wouldn’t cut weight which should help him plus De Lima gasses after Round 1……but boy is that a scary round 1.

Cody East SHOULD be being setup for this to be his showcase fight seeing as though he’s from “Looking for a Fight”. Dana usually gives them a somewhat easy first fight . Walt Harris is 0-3 in the UFC with 2 losses by KO . Sooo ehhhh

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Just recorded an episode of The Daily Fantasy MMA Podcast for anyone interested in watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGd2KWVyOSc

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

Fili & Barboza are both live fighters at under $9k. The Cejudo play is interesting, though not because I think he can win and it will only work if the fight goes the distance and he can be paired with 4-finishes. In other words, I would play Cejudo with say Esparza. I definitely, agree with the statement above re: Cody East, as the UFC does have a track record of protecting fighters coming off the show in their first fight.

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

Walt Harris seems like a softball on paper… But in actuality, he’s a top flight athlete who’s been in against some tough guys… His only bad figtht was Krylov..

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

He didn’t look good against Palelei either

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

No fighter has lost their 1st fight coming off of the show. Also, on my above commented, I meant to say, “wouldn’t pair with say Esparza”

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

@bbbomb said...

Just recorded an episode of The Daily Fantasy MMA Podcast for anyone interested in watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGd2KWVyOSc

Brett and his Co-Host did a great job on this. I will be the first to admit that I built some line up stacks based on the information received. I also have a feeling that to be competitive in the $5 contest that some money is going to be left on the table, otherwise, there will be a number of ties

• jdtrey22

Heading out to vegas for this one, cant wait to see jon jones fight, hope he gets the KO but a decision is more reasonable, for some reason cejudo has me locked in, I really think he can pull this off somehow, and lastly Roberts whittaker and east are locks.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@SunTszu said...

Brett and his Co-Host did a great job on this. I will be the first to admit that I built some line up stacks based on the information received. I also have a feeling that to be competitive in the $5 contest that some money is going to be left on the table, otherwise, there will be a number of ties

Appreciate it! I think leaving salary on the table is a great strategy!

• Antagonist88

Anyone have any thoughts on Franca? His price in relation to Vegas odds and finish ratio seems too tempting to not be brought up at all.

• bighop04

@Antagonist88 said...

Anyone have any thoughts on Franca? His price in relation to Vegas odds and finish ratio seems too tempting to not be brought up at all.

My advice is to watch the pod, I agree with you on the Vegas odds and the price. He’s just unlikely to win and unlikely to finish Vick so it isn’t a good combo, even at his price, the upside seems limited. Probably better off going Cejudo even if he loses at that price I would assume.

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

@bbbomb said...

He didn’t look good against Palelei either

He outstruck him and fended off most his takedowns… It was that unbearable G and P that did him in..

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

@Antagonist88 said...

There seems to be some support of Franca. Vick is accustomed to being the bigger fighter and that is not the case here. I will have exposure to both fighters in GPP and won’t have Vick in my main or cash line ups

• savant111

Does Yair still train at Jackson/Wink? I was listening to Brett’s pod and he said Fili came from better camp. Is he training in Mexico now or something?

Also not enough Cejudo love itt. I actually think the best UFC 197 play one can make is just taking him @ +350 at a sports book. It’s one of the worst lines I’ve seen in any sport in quite a while.

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

Spent the last +7-hours finalizing my lineups. Played much less in cash games than I have in the last few events. While it has not been an effective use of resources, the $15k is too tempting not to chase, so I put 53-entries in. After the weigh-ins, I took a little more exposure to Franca. Aside from Vick looking emaciated, something doesn’t seem right with the line. -185 on Vick, given the disparity in competition just doesn’t seem right. Off the submission of Jake Mathews alone, Vick should be -250. Also, the “Goes The Distance” prop is -135 and the props on Vick “Inside The Distance” & Vick “By 3-round Decision are pricing out nearly identical. The good news is that if you really like Vick, it is a great price. However, when I can’t understand something (I.E. Why Thatch was such a big favorite in his last fight), I will tend to fade, go the other way or do both. I have exposure to both fighters on DK, though I wouldn’t bet the fight SU, outside of a small parley using Franca,

Fighters that I have virtually no exposure to:

Steele
    Harris (I know Brett, this may come back to haunt me)
    OSP
    Natal
    Escudero

Final thoughts:

1.) It is going to make for a real “interesting” night should Danny Roberts somehow lose

2.) I disagree with those who think DJ is too large a favorite. I have no issue throughing HC into a few lineups as a value play, under the auspices that perhaps it will go the 5-round difference, though saying that he is a live dog based purely on his wrestling is short sighted. There is wrestling and then there is MMA wrestling. DJ can match or exceed HC in MMA wrestling and beats him in ever other facet of MMA. We all see what Dodson did last week and does anyone believe that HC is better than Dodson (who lost twice to DJ)?

3.) I would be shocked if the Jones fight went anywhere near the distance. Jones will be looking to make a statement and I have a sneaking suspicion that if Jones makes quick work of OSP, he would be in a position to get on the UFC 200 Card, as I hear they are looking for a marquis fight =:)

Best of luck everyone!

• savant111

I like those fades Sun.

HC presents DJ with a lot of unique challenges IMO. It’s not just the wrestling, but the pressure. DJ doesn’t really throw when backing up. He usually uses his footwork to get out of the way. I don’t think he will have the space to do that against HC and really see him on his back for most of the fight. HC can box and he’s not slow either. I also expect HC to be the stronger of the two fighters.

Not necessesarily a great recipe for DFS (though I am heavily HC exposed because of price and the extra 2 rounds), but the -350 line is just wrong here.

• savant111

Just to the Dodson point. Wrestling ability is the difference between Cejudo vs DJ and Dodson vs DJ.

Dodson was frozen vs DJ in the rematch. There’s is a near zero percent chance Cejudo is not coming forward.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@SunTszu said...

Harris (I know Brett, this may come back to haunt me)

as long as you know :) haha good write up good luck man

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).