MAIN FORUM

• zelda3024

When The Salaries do get released I can Imagine Rockholds Salary will be around 11,200 to 11,600 sort of like when Cyborg fought Smith. I’m new to the Grinders family but not new to MMA I have an extensive collection many many 1000’s of hours of fight tape and I am always glad to share thoughts on fights and listen to others advice.

Does anyone think Bisbing can win? or even take the fight to a decision?

• Divine_Prodigy

Some thoughts after seeing prices …..hmmm

I don’t see many dogs coming in . Favorites are clearly priced like it but a decision machine in Dom Cruz at 11.3 . Somebody is smoking the highest level of weed . I’m not touching him . I think the finishes are clear on this card but because of the prices , a certain mixture has to be found . As far as dogs it’s interesting . Not too many I see coming through with the exception of Mutapcic. But 9.6 is ehh ….possibly Kim could have a case made for him but it’s iffy . Andrade is looking ok . I don’t think very highly of Penne , but Andrade would have to bulldog choke her or something & she is somewhat active/scrappy on the feet . James Vick could have a case made but Dariush I feel is too much for him . This card DK wise is harder than the actual card . Hmmm , guess it’s research time

• johnnyj580

Still in NY, so DFS MMA isn’t back yet, but looking at those prices I’m loving Rockhold & Lombard for finishes.

I don’t mind Bobby Green as an underdog play simply because Poirier has a terrible habit of getting into slugfests, and you know Green will be talking the entire fight. I think there is a world of upside for 8800

• lilscrapnike

@Divine_Prodigy said...

but a decision machine in Dom Cruz at 11.3 . Somebody is smoking the highest level of weed . I’m not touching him .

According to my model and the lines for that Faber fight (going the full 25), I have Cruz with one of the highest scoring floors on the card. Don’t forget he is one of the most active fighters in terms of STpM in the UFC at around 11.1 and if this goes to a decision as expected I think he is one of the safest options for cash games this weekend. As a side note he landed 90 of 238 strikes thrown in their last fight which went the full 25.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Salaries look more or less how I expected them too, gonna be interesting to see the ownership levels on Rockhold and Cruz because there may be a case to fading them in tournaments. Even if they win, unless it’s a quick finish they likely will not be on winning tournament lineups.

• Divine_Prodigy

@lilscrapnike said...

According to my model and the lines for that Faber fight (going the full 25), I have Cruz with one of the highest scoring floors on the card. Don’t forget he is one of the most active fighters in terms of STpM in the UFC at around 11.1 and if this goes to a decision as expected I think he is one of the safest options for cash games this weekend. As a side note he landed 90 of 238 strikes thrown in their last fight which went the full 25.

I’m sorry , I should’ve specified I was talking about tourneys . I do not participate in cash games though this one would seem fairly easy if I was and Cruz would no doubt be in it . For tourneys however , I’m fading Cruz.

Bbbomb, I think Rockhold has the possibility to be in the winning lineup deff cause I believe he deff finishes Bisping in the first or early 2nd . I remember we discussed how Cyborg was potentially a bad play at her price with lineup construction but she was in the winning lineup I’m sure …..or maybe I’m not remembering lol idk . But deff no to Cruz or Hollaway possibly

• weed526

in this card, do you think three wins with be enough to cash in double up? Assuming all three wins are finishes?

• DontThrowPick6

@weed526 said...

in this card, do you think three wins with be enough to cash in double up? Assuming all three wins are finishes?

what u trying to do? double stack? not bad idea, but pretty risky

• DontThrowPick6

@weed526 said...

what u trying to do? double stack? not bad idea, but pretty risky

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

I can’t remember seeing so many $10,500 and greater. I am going pretty much all in on GPPS this week.

• thetitanlb

I think Rockhold is gonna murder Bisping honestly. Good chance for an early finish id guess. I dont see any way that Bisping can beat Rockhold. Luke is better at every facet of the game. Cruz though too should be pretty safe. Good chance it goes the distance and he throws so many strikes that he should land a ton of SS points since its a 5 rounder.

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

@zelda3024 said...

I just created an account with twitter:) Okay so I must still live in a cave lol. I’m reading now about Twitter direct message. Okay I found your page and sent a DM but it told me to F-Off lol jk It said this person does not follow you so you can not dm them.

What is your Twitter handle? I joined Twitter early on, though am a fairly recent convert myself. Lots of good information. I sent you an invite to a contest I created on DK. The contest is free, though I will pay $50 to the winner. I tend to do better in higher dollar lower entry contest. For UFC 198, I won the $1,060 contest ($5,000). My single best day was on my birthday (12/15) when CM KO Aldo, I made a net profit of $17,000. My first MMA contest, I invested $16 and turned it into $400. I was hooked. That was less than a year ago

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

@thetitanlb said...

I think Rockhold is gonna murder Bisping honestly. Good chance for an early finish id guess. I dont see any way that Bisping can beat Rockhold. Luke is better at every facet of the game. Cruz though too should be pretty safe. Good chance it goes the distance and he throws so many strikes that he should land a ton of SS points since its a 5 rounder.

I am pretty sure everyone is going to see it the same way and the high ownership will make it wash in many contests, which means it is going to come down to what you do with the rest of your lineup.

• gravycakes

@SunTszu said...

I can’t remember seeing so many $10,500 and greater. I am going pretty much all in on GPPS this week.

Was thinking the same thing RE: the salaries over 10.5K. Still unsure about cash but I do agree that GPPs might be the better way to go.

• zelda3024

@SunTszu said...

What is your Twitter handle? I joined Twitter early on, though am a fairly recent convert myself. Lots of good information. I sent you an invite to a contest I created on DK. The contest is free, though I will pay $50 to the winner. I tend to do better in higher dollar lower entry contest. For UFC 198, I won the $1,060 contest ($5,000). My single best day was on my birthday (12/15) when CM KO Aldo, I made a net profit of $17,000. My first MMA contest, I invested $16 and turned it into $400. I was hooked. That was less than a year ago

@zelda3024 Wow 17k that is an amazing day….. Yes so many fighters over 10.5 picking the right underdogs is the key here because barely can you squeeze in two favs and have enough left for anything else. I appreciate the invite:)

• zelda3024

@weed526 said...

All 3 1st round finishes with 2 Decision wins in the 50 to 65 range. I would say yes and if things get as crazy as last fights that would be a good score. I scored 423 to win the 8k 3 entry max but I also shot my foot off because normally I will play the same line ups in the big event which if I did not forget I would have won that with the same score. (Dumb of me)

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

@zelda3024 said...

@zelda3024 Wow 17k that is an amazing day….. Yes so many fighters over 10.5 picking the right underdogs is the key here because barely can you squeeze in two favs and have enough left for anything else. I appreciate the invite:)

It was actually 12/13 =:) The money was great, though winning the contest to meet Frank Mir at the UFC Fox event was an awesome experience.

As it stands now, I really only see one fighter sub 9k that has a strong chance to win, which means taking a flyer. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the GPP scores in the $100 & over contests pay winners @ sub 400-points

• Divine_Prodigy

I’m thinking long and hard about Hendo . With everything on the line , this could be his last one , he’s basically in his home of California …..he still has the H-Bomb . He seems fated to put on one last knockout then retire into the sunset . Someone please talk me out of it .

• zelda3024

@Divine_Prodigy said...

I’m thinking long and hard about Hendo . With everything on the line , this could be his last one , he’s basically in his home of California …..he still has the H-Bomb . He seems fated to put on one last knockout then retire into the sunset . Someone please talk me out of it .

I’m not going to talk you out of it. This is also the last fight before his UFC Contract ends. So if he does want to stay in he will have to win. Him and Lombard have some bad blood together going back to Henderson’s training camp.

Odds seriously favor the 38 year old Lombard but Lombard is not even close to the Lombard of past. 45 Year old Henderson has Knocked out younger.

The problem and this might help you change your mind Hendo has won two fights since 2013. 2 and 6 in his last 8 and at 45 the time clock has all ready struck.

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

This is really good color. I believe that Rockhold will be so much higher owned and Cruz can be a sneaky under the radar play

• lilscrapnike

Well after the news of the MCL Rockhold becomes strictly a GPP play & I think Bisping becomes much better of a contrarian target. At his price of $8K, if Bisping can somehow eke out a decision win, he’ll easily make value. The fact that Luke has a partially torn MCL is going to hinder his footwork and in my opinion what I think is his greatest weapon, his kicks. I’d be interested to see if Rockhold is more inclined to get the fight to the ground and use his elite jiu-jitsu, however Bisping’s takedown defense has greatly improved over the last few years. Either way, ton more factors to take into account now for this fight.

• Divine_Prodigy

And 3 first round defeats in his last six or something like that ….but there is news of Rockhold with a partially torn MCL ? Link ? That’s a factor

• lilscrapnike

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEcXvFwoaNP/

line has dropped since he said this at the news conference an hour ago from -800 to -650, drastic drop from opening at -1100. Would explain the sharp action on Bisping in the last few days causing the line to drop to -800.

• Antagonist88

I’m a little surprised at how high the odds are for Strickland/Breese finishing (+175 for under 2.5 rounds) given the history of both guys and how they usually fight. Once it was announced I was expecting a finish to be favored

• cleanslate

This is probably the worst pricing I’ve seen for any card. I’m cutting my action way down this week as a result. I feel like there will be a ton of duplicates because a lot of people will be forced towards the same roster construction on the low and high end. It will be interesting to see what kind of lineup wins this week.

The biggest overall issue I have with pricing this week is that some of the highest priced fighters that are likely to win are likely to do so by decision. I.e., Cruz at 11.3k, Poirier at 10.6k, Holloway at 10.8k… Taking the guys against them makes little sense because I don’t really see them losing, but taking them also makes little sense because they aren’t very likely to pay off their price tags. It just kills the viability of quite a few of the fights on this card.

If Vegas odds are all they are using to set prices, I feel like DK’s pricing system is extremely flawed in events where there are a lot of heavy favorites, because being a heavy favorite does not always mean being heavily favored to FINISH, and DK does not seem to be distinguishing the difference between the two when setting the prices.

• cleanslate

@Antagonist88 said...

I’m a little surprised at how high the odds are for Strickland/Breese finishing (+175 for under 2.5 rounds) given the history of both guys and how they usually fight. Once it was announced I was expecting a finish to be favored

I don’t see Strickland having a very good chance of finishing Breese. Breese seems to have the slightly better odds of getting a finish of the two imo. That being said, I could definitely see this fight being a very close decision and think this is the most likely outcome as they are both very good and neither one of them has ever been finished.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).