STRATEGY FORUM

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Hey all,

We got a 3 week break and then four fight cards in the span of a week.

July 7, UFC Fight Night: Dos Anjos vs. Alvarez

July 8, TUF Finale: Jedrzejczyk vs. Gadelha

July 9, UFC 200

July 13, UFC Fight Night: Ferguson vs. Chiesa

I expect July 7 and July 9 to be the most popular, with UFC 200 obviously being one of if not the biggest card of the year. I figured we could talk about general strategy or fights from any of the cards until each event gets closer.

For now, UFC 200 are the only salaries out, and the biggest hurdle will be deciphering the 3 five-round fights. Personally, I think Tate/Nunes is the most likely to end in a finish and it will probably also be the lowest owned. I’m not sure how much exposure I’ll want to the other fights just yet, but with all 6 fighters priced easily enough to roster, I can see ending up with a ton of all.

What do you think the best route to attack the five-round fights is and how do you project the ownership?

• zelda3024

@Stangs13 said...

I think there is no chance this late they find a replacement. They weigh in tomorrow. No way they get someone to make weight in time unless it’s someone on today or Friday’s card.

It would be tough but many fighters have all ready came forward including Gustafsson in which he has all ready said with the right terms I am ready to jump on a plane, my bags are packed. Plus he also wrote I can be in Vegas by 10pm tonight, just waiting for the call. I also read that Gustafsson has no problem making weight his body type is a natural fit and he maintains the proper weight.

This would be a a good fight. Others that have said they are ready is Moussasi, Latifi, Bisping added his name to the Mix but I doubt he would make weight or Dana White would do such a thing. Tom Lawlor wants a chance:)

• zelda3024

@DontThrowPick6 said...

I don’t get the USADA – either frickin disclaim what hes on or let them fight.
    Can’t go public and tell everybody you know hes juicing but wont tell you what it is.
    He better be on some hefty dose of roids if they come public with it.
    If it turns out its some minor suspicion or masking thing and they come out with it 2 days before the event… gawd

Exactly they released information on other fighters and what they were using and what the exact nature of the violation was. I agree why wait until the window for appeal had all ready closed. How could Dana White not know or how could Dana White not push for test results to come back sooner knowing Jon Jones has had past issues.. The biggest fight card in UFC History and the card is blown out of the water with two day to go.

Jon Jones had been tested 6 times in 2016 according to the USADA

• zelda3024

His live press conference is on Facebook going on now, It was a performance supplement in which he just said he had no idea that anything in the drink was on the banned list.

• johnnyj580

@thetitanlb said...

Rumor is that it was some kinda ped though and not just coke or something.

The Out of Competition tests don’t penalize for recreational drug use, so this definitely was PEDs.

I know the guy has issues, but to everyone saying he ‘can’t get out of his own way’, let me offer the different perspective: The sport hasn’t been clean, ever – and neither he, nor Anderson Silva are exceptions.

RE JBJ:
    1) He had a suspiciously low T/E level before UFC 182 (which usually implies he was taking something to counteract the heightened estrogen levels that come along with elevated testosterone from the steroids). http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Victor-Conte-Jon-Jones-Low-Testosterone-Levels-Before-UFC-182-Highly-Suspicious-80631

2) Nobody found it odd that this man was so dominant, for so long, including having crazy strength for a man with a tall, thin frame?

3) When he was out of the UFC and started lifting … THAT … oh yeah sure, anyone can just pick up weightlifting and stratify to a 500lb squat. He’s Jon Bones Jones!

RE Unclean Sport: – There are a LOT of injuries now that USADA has come in and guys cannot heal themselves faster by synthetic means.

- Even with the out of competition testing, if you have the money, doctors can create largely undetectable steroids that are still far ahead of the testing. USADA has toyed with the idea of tests that CAN detect the presence of something in your system that is performance enhancing, unfortunately, athletic commissions don’t accept the verdict of “we know he/she is on something, we just don’t know what”, so the doctors (and athletes who benefit from the hybrid steroids) win.

• johnnyj580

@zelda3024 said...

His live press conference is on Facebook going on now, It was a performance supplement in which he just said he had no idea that anything in the drink was on the banned list.

such a tired argument

• zelda3024

@johnnyj580 said...

such a tired argument

Very.. I do find this interesting because someone is so full of bullshit. The USADA hours are 8 am to 5 pm yet they are calling the UFC at around 9 pm because Dana White had said he just learned of this. Jon Jones goes though the press conference trash talking DC but he was also informed by the USADA wow someone stayed late to process Jon Jones 20 days ago urine sample:) and then pick up the phone at 9 pm and inform those who matter that Jon Jones urine is tainted. I thought results like these come back certified mail?

• zelda3024

White Just said DC will fight this weekend. Oh and it wont be against Bisbing:) White said Bisping likes to go on benders after he fights and Bisping is no shape to fight DC.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

I can see Mousasi or Latifi getting the fight. Regardless Cormier will be favored.

• johnnyj580

@zelda3024 said...

Very.. I do find this interesting because someone is so full of bullshit. The USADA hours are 8 am to 5 pm yet they are calling the UFC at around 9 pm because Dana White had said he just learned of this. Jon Jones goes though the press conference trash talking DC but he was also informed by the USADA wow someone stayed late to process Jon Jones 20 days ago urine sample:) and then pick up the phone at 9 pm and inform those who matter that Jon Jones urine is tainted. I thought results like these come back certified mail?

Haha. I’m playing armchair promoter here, but I imagine the UFC & JBJ found out ~ a week ago, ran through every possible loophole they could to ensure this fight was 100% going to be off before leaking it. But you know, Dana found out at dinner. He threw his knife and fork down, just as shocked as anyone, that a top tier fighter failed a drug test (never mind the fact that both Dana and Lorenzo are on test).

• zelda3024

@bbbomb said...

I can see Mousasi or Latifi getting the fight. Regardless Cormier will be favored.

Dana White all ready knows who it will be and instead of just saying it he has to drag this on.. Stupid. My guess is Gustafsson. The question is by the time Vegas gets odds on who ever will fight DC will it give Draft Kings time to add the fight to the roster?

• Antagonist88

Man, DC is definitely going to be on like 93% of lineups now. He’ll technically be the defending champion priced at 8500, likely as a big favorite. Real gamechanger.

As far as tonight and tomorrow go, really unhappy with the GPP prizepools. Should probably just play cash, but with so many lesser known fighters on the cards they just seem so conducive to GPPs.

• cleanslate

@johnnyj580 said...

never mind the fact that both Dana and Lorenzo are on test

Lol, he and the Fertitta brothers are all juiced to the gills. There is something hilarious and ironic about the heads of the company somberly talking about how they aren’t playing around when it comes to cleaning up the sport when they are all inflated like balloons from the gross amount of steroids they abuse.

• cleanslate

@bbbomb said...

Mousasi makes a ton of sense to me, he is already on the card, his original opponent also pulled out, and it’s a fair fight for Cormier as it is one that he should be able to win. Cormier did nothing wrong and shouldn’t have to risk his belt against a super dangerous matchup 2 days out.

Either way, If I were him I’d negotiate a guaranteed immediate rematch on the offhand chance he loses to whoever they are putting him against. Regardless of who the opponent is he’s risking a lot by putting his belt on the line with no preparation time and on the biggest card in UFC history.

• cleanslate

@Antagonist88 said...

Man, DC is definitely going to be on like 93% of lineups now. He’ll technically be the defending champion priced at 8500, likely as a big favorite. Real gamechanger.

As far as tonight and tomorrow go, really unhappy with the GPP prizepools. Should probably just play cash, but with so many lesser known fighters on the cards they just seem so conducive to GPPs.

Depending on who the opponent is, this entire card from a DFS perspective will now come down to fade or not to fade Cormier. If it’s someone he should easily beat it will be really hard to justify fading him at that price point. It’s unfortunate that DK can’t reset his price, but I understand why they won’t do that.

• Antagonist88

Word now is Anderson SIlva. Now that’d be interesting

• cleanslate

After watching his press conference the son of a bitch somehow made me feel bad for him again. He genuinely seemed floored that he tested positive. I don’t understand how these guys can take supplements without making damn sure they aren’t tainted, it’s beyond negligent. You would think that any professional athlete would have everything they take tested before they even consider putting it into their body.

Also, if USADA is going to wait this long to reveal results to everyone involved they are doing a very poor job imo. This should have been addressed immediately after the positive test results were known so that the B sample could have been tested in a more timely manner and so that Jones and his camp could have submitted everything he was taking so they could try and accurately identify the source. This entire thing has been handled very poorly all the way around, particularly for such an important event.

• realphipps

Jones looked like a complete fraud during that presser. It was like a rerun of all his other post-mistake apologies.

Pure hot air.

• cleanslate

@realphipps said...

Jones looked like a complete fraud during that presser. It was like a rerun of all his other post-mistake apologies.

Pure hot air.

You might be right, it’s hard to tell with him.

• cleanslate

On a side note, anyone know who the woman was that was consoling him?

• realphipps

Cleanslate, are you a Browns fan?

If so, you’re cool in my book. If not….

• realphipps

Jon Jones, in a way, is Josh Gordon. Physically and athletically, blue-chip, elite, world-class, arguably best at what he does.

In another way, continues to trip over hurdles and considers them, publicly, as signs from a higher calling to “change my life.”

As for this card, u gotta put some money, on DK, on at least one sub-9k fighter to figure into money, so who is it? Cormier obviously, but that won’t be enough Saturday night.

Nunes (at high ownership), Browns (at high ownership) Assuncao (low ownership) Marin (low ownership) Santos (?) Gomi (low ownership) or Pena (?).

• cleanslate

@realphipps said...

Cleanslate, are you a Browns fan?

If so, you’re cool in my book. If not….

Die hard Browns fan for life, grew up in Dayton and my Dad is from Cleveland. Nice to finally see a championship team again and of course we have Stipe now too, ha ha…

• cleanslate

@realphipps said...

Jon Jones, in a way, is Josh Gordon. Physically and athletically, blue-chip, elite, world-class, arguably best at what he does.

In another way, continues to trip over hurdles and considers them, publicly, as signs from a higher calling to “change my life.”

As for this card, u gotta put some money, on DK, on at least one sub-9k fighter to figure into money, so who is it? Cormier obviously, but that won’t be enough Saturday night.

Nunes (at high ownership), Browns (at high ownership) Assuncao (low ownership) Marin (low ownership) Santos (?) Gomi (low ownership) or Pena (?).

Everything is dependent on Cormier’s opponent, if he’s a big favorite you almost have to build every team around him and that opens up a ton of cap. For the other sub 9k fighters, I personally love Nunes the most, hate Travis Browne the most. I don’t think he has any shot and see a dominant statement type of win coming from Cain. Last time he got beat he bounced back better than ever and I think Browne is the unlucky guy who gets to face him first off of his title loss.

That, and Browne’s camp is suspect at best. I have no confidence in his preparation for this fight and he’s got a tall task ahead of him even if he did have the best of camps (which he probably didn’t).

• Sclausen

Oh my lord that was nasty knee

• Antagonist88

Terrible performance by Roy, but not loving the decision. Also think that Baghdad got robbed

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).