STRATEGY FORUM

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Hey all,

We got a 3 week break and then four fight cards in the span of a week.

July 7, UFC Fight Night: Dos Anjos vs. Alvarez

July 8, TUF Finale: Jedrzejczyk vs. Gadelha

July 9, UFC 200

July 13, UFC Fight Night: Ferguson vs. Chiesa

I expect July 7 and July 9 to be the most popular, with UFC 200 obviously being one of if not the biggest card of the year. I figured we could talk about general strategy or fights from any of the cards until each event gets closer.

For now, UFC 200 are the only salaries out, and the biggest hurdle will be deciphering the 3 five-round fights. Personally, I think Tate/Nunes is the most likely to end in a finish and it will probably also be the lowest owned. I’m not sure how much exposure I’ll want to the other fights just yet, but with all 6 fighters priced easily enough to roster, I can see ending up with a ton of all.

What do you think the best route to attack the five-round fights is and how do you project the ownership?

• RangerC

I wonder what odds you could have gotten on a decision parley in both Nelson/Lewis and Lesnar/Hunt.

• DontThrowPick6

this overrated fight bw hunt/lesnar reassures my despise for heavyweight fights not featuring cain velasquez

• liquidfire

wow, you’ve got to be kidding. Lesnar gets 2.5 more points I tie for first and end up with around 6k. Instead I tie for 35th and get 60 bucks. How the hell did he only get 51 significant strikes???

• kswetnam1342

How close was he to finishing Hunt?

• liquidfire

@kswetnam1342 said...

How close was he to finishing Hunt?

I didn’t watch but based on Twitter activity the ref could have easily called it a couple times in Rd 3.

Edit: turns out it didn’t matter because nuses got like 120 points. just would have been a bigger disappointment if I had it and lost it.

• kswetnam1342

Well damn…. Needed anything but a Nunes 1st round win.

Profits went from $2375 to $533.

• Antagonist88

Honestly, 200 was kind of a letdown as a card

• Divine_Prodigy

Ehhhh won first on the 5K Single Entry ….but was tied with like 5 others…..pretty cool day though. Now on to Wednesday

• LotteryTicket

Just wondering how well 541 pts would have done in the large gpp’s

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

I ended up in 124th place in the Haymaker for a measly 25 bucks. Only played it for Kings of Summer though so it will work.

• Divine_Prodigy

@LotteryTicket said...

Just wondering how well 541 pts would have done in the large gpp’s

6th place in the 40,000 person $3 GPP for about $127……how do I know ? Guess what place I came in lol ….

• DontThrowPick6

down 2.5k on this event. if not for nunes win, prob would have lost about 4k. hunt me down on wednesday for free money

• Antagonist88

Definitely a let down from a DFS standpoint, I was abysmal.

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@Divine_Prodigy said...

6th place in the 40,000 person $3 GPP for about $127……how do I know ? Guess what place I came in lol ….

go look at what it would have won you in the axe or whatever it was called $33 dollar gpp.

• TheVibe

So Kelvin Gastelum landed 124SS in his fight?

• Divine_Prodigy

@PuddinCheeks said...

go look at what it would have won you in the axe or whatever it was called $33 dollar gpp.

sounds like I’d be disappointed :/

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@TheVibe said...

So Kelvin Gastelum landed 124SS in his fight?

I’m not an MMA person, but how does one survive receiving 124SS if that is not a BS number.

• mccoolio

@Antagonist88 said...

Honestly, 200 was kind of a letdown as a card

Spare the Nunes fight, the prelims blew away the main card

• Divine_Prodigy

@PuddinCheeks said...

I’m not an MMA person, but how does one survive receiving 124SS if that is not a BS number.

Apparently Kelvin threw landed 134 of 259 strikes, of those 134……124 were significant. That’s crazy…..I watched the whole fight and don’t think he landed THAT many

• DontThrowPick6

can’t believe the ufc champions right now

miocic out of nowhere at HW
    JJ not at 205 cause he can’t get out of his own way
    BISPING 185!?
    robbie lawler at 170 (never would believe that a few years ago
    eddie alvarez 155 !?
    145 is solid in aldo/mcgregor
    135 now solid in cruz
    135 nunes beatable obviously after the first etc

125 Dj and 115 JJ are the two safe betls in the ufc, that’s it (maybe cruz now)

champs are dropping like flies

• Divine_Prodigy

Nunes will be champ for a long time and she will run through Ronda if they set that up…….Give Bisping Jacare and he loses….or Yoel Romero when he returns…..

About this upcoming Wednesday card…..Cody Pfister has NO place being in there with Scott Holtzman

• PuddinCheeks

• Blogger of the Month

@Divine_Prodigy said...

sounds like I’d be disappointed :/

pretty sure it was T1, my 519.5 would have been T6

• TheVibe

@Divine_Prodigy said...

Apparently Kelvin threw landed 134 of 259 strikes, of those 134……124 were significant. That’s crazy…..I watched the whole fight and don’t think he landed THAT many

Kelvin must be the most efficient striker to ever live who went up against a man made of granite apparently. Gotta love fightmetric.

• zelda3024

@TheVibe said...

Kelvin must be the most efficient striker to ever live who went up against a man made of granite apparently. Gotta love fightmetric.

This a serious problem with DFS MMA Players… Fight Metrics can determine what they feel is a SS and what is not. The problem with this is if they want to slight fights they can. who is going to call them into question?

Does anyone here even have a clear definition of what a significant strike is? Because I truly do not even think Fight Metrics does.

Julianna Pena I swear landed more than 12 SS

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Congrats on the Q tie Zelda

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).