MAIN FORUM

Comments

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

Conor Mcgregor is out for revenge and I think he’s going to get it in this spot… Rumble is on the card, but Glover Texeira has A level striking defense and boxing, so who knows if he’ll get the quick KO!! Garbrandt is on the card!! What do u think his ownership will be after he blew Almeida out the water? Cerrone is gonna be up against Rick Story and so much more.. Let’s go sickos.. Let’s drool over the card well before odds and prices are released!!

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

Live thread live!!! The event is only 4 days out!! Let’s get it cracking.. I think AJ vs. Glover could be super boring… Two power punchers going at it could turn into more of a staring brawl than a knock down drag out… If both guys know the other guy punches really hard, how many chances u think they’ll take?!?!?

• DontThrowPick6

@LeRoiStephon said...

Live thread live!!! The event is only 4 days out!! Let’s get it cracking.. I think AJ vs. Glover could be super boring… Two power punchers going at it could turn into more of a staring brawl than a knock down drag out… If both guys know the other guy punches really hard, how many chances u think they’ll take?!?!?

I agree. More often than not, this is what happens with two high level knockout artists. The high level thinking is that they don’t want to get punched out!

• extrayardage

If Glover can outlast Anthony in the 1st, he could really tire him out and grind him for the rest of the fight. If AJ gets tired I give the edge in the wrestling department to Glover. Of course, Johnson has unreal power but you never know with him. He can get clocked too. I might be fading this fight.

• afcangelo

Not sure If I’m gonna be playing the Co-Main either, if so it will probably be a hedge. I really like Nate at what seems to be a big discount for me (9200) but not as much as I like the discount for Chris Avila, highly unproven and volatile I know, but you’re telling me we can take an even money fighter at a bargain basement price of 8600?? Sign me up.

After that you’ve basically got the budget to do whatever you want. Lock in “No Love” Garbrandt for me as well, big big favorite in that fight – 550 and the power that he brings in those hands should be enough to earn a finish, even though his ownership will likely and understandably be through the roof.

What about the top tier priced guys? Colby Covington, Hyun Gyu Lim, and Tim Means?? Or just slot Rumble in at 10.7k and hope for that RD 1 KO/TKO? Diaz/Rumble/Garbrandt/Avila and you can literally take your pick at fighter #5 with the exception of only Covington, who I’m not sure is very confidence inspiring to begin with.

And I’m not saying Avila is a lock by any stretch of the imagination, I’m just saying that when I can get a fighter at 8400 when in actuality he’s damn near even money according to Vegas….I’m gonna have exposure.

Can’t wait for Saturday who’s with me!

• jovanmusk

Why would you give glover the wrestling advantage? This really baffles me as your the second person who said this. Cuz an Olympian wrestlers wore him down? Johnson still wrested since a kid and was an accomplished wrestler in high school. Not sure glover can even have what it takes to take him down. Ryan bader d-1, Phil Davis national champ comes to mind on this

• zelda3024

Totally with you for this Saturday… Some things that sort of concern me and we all know many heavy favorites have fallen in the past months. Who it is going to be or could it be a few fighters this card. Maybe not by loss but it could be that fight we all thought was going to be a finish that goes the distance. Vegas odds are a complete hit of miss. Garbrandt most likely will be so owned like you said. Garbrandt has the complete ability to KO anyone do not get me wrong on that but his opponent also has the ability to take fights the distance.

My point could this be the fight that sinks many cards or keeps things even right up until the main event?

• extrayardage

Glover is an absolutely solid wrestler. Johnson obviously has the strength edge but if he gets tired Glover can absolutely take advantage between his wrestling and grappling ability.

Now if Johnson doesn’t get tired? Yeah he can probably block Glovers TD attempts. I wonder what Glovers gameplan will be. Not sure anyone really wants to stand with AJ.

I’m also completely fading the main event. Don’t see a lot of upside when everyone is going to be on that fight. I’ll take Garbrandt as my chalk play over Diaz or Conor.

• zelda3024

If you have not seen the press conference lol WOW you need to watch it:))))) Straight up Crazy.

• beastmodecal

• Blogger of the Month

it seemed like Diaz was bothered by the trilogy comment conor made. Thats probably why he left. I just wish Conor was more composed instead of so emotionally invested. Usually a week out of his fights he is “cold” with no emotion. This time as well as last he was very invested emotionally which lead to the constant urge to knock Diaz out.

Im still all in on Conor but I just hope he can calm down a bit and realize Nate is just playing Conors mental warfare game.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Here’s our Grinders Live from tonight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPj6l4EtL4A

• thetitanlb

Diaz is already in Connors head….

• Antagonist88

The Stockton stack is super appealing for this card, but will probably be everywhere. Anyone else heavily considering fully fading McGregor for GPPs?

• NewMike

I think tomorrow will tell if Rumble will be like Faber and be able to beat everyone but the champ. But looking over Glover’s record, he has finished some pretty solid guys and I could definitely see some good value in him at that price. Story could also be a good contrarian pick, since he definitely has a legit shot at winning any fight he is in. Other than that it seems like there is a lot of chalk plays in this one.

Not sure if this is worth going out and watching though, since I get up at 5am the next day.

• cleanslate

Call me crazy but I think it’s team McGregor for this card. I was all over White in Lobov’s last fight, but this is a fight where Lobov should finally be able to win. Avila rubs me the wrong way as a Nate Diaz wannabe with none of the experience and nowhere near the skill. He also looks like a scared kid in the interviews I watched. I just don’t think he’s ready for this kind of pressure or competition. Don’t get me wrong, Lobov is a scrub, but he’s still super tough, way more experienced, and has huge KO upside. He’s locked in and focused as well in the interviews I watched this week. I see a KO win coming from him. I love his upside at his projected low ownership.

And speaking of locked in and focused, that’s why I’m on McGregor this time around. You almost have to hedge this fight based on pricing, so I covered Diaz to be safe. But Conor has approached this fight in the most intelligent manner possible for the past 6 months.

He refocused on training and cut out the media even at the expense of having this fight cancelled for UFC 200. He has paid for and brought in specific training partners just to get used to Diaz’ length, body type, and style. He is a man obsessed. He has kind of taken the old school boxing approach in that sense, don’t just prepare for a fight, go above and beyond to prepare for a SPECIFIC fight, bringing in any and every training partner you think will give you an edge in getting ready for your opponent and his style of fighting.

And his head coach is top notch and probably has put together the perfect gameplan. Conor is laser focused. As much shit as he talks, he’s also possibly the most intelligent fighter the sport has ever seen, and he knows that he had to make drastic changes in every manner possible if he was going to win this 2nd time around. I think he has made the proper adjustments and planned accordingly.

Diaz, on the other hand, seems to have gotten a bit too caught up in the media whirlwind that surrounded his upset win the first time. He’s always well trained and in great shape, but I don’t think his preparation for this fight is anywhere near the level that Conor has prepared. I think that has the potential to make a HUGE difference in the outcome.

Will I be shocked if Diaz wins? Absolutely not. But call it a hunch, I think Conor takes this one, most likely by decision, with an outside chance at a later round finish. This could be that rare main event that stacking both guys could get you a nice score. I expect there to be a lot of significant strikes if this fight goes the distance.

• awalker11

@cleanslate said...

I was all over White in Lobov’s last fight, but this is a fight where Lobov should finally be able to win

I hope you are wrong here :p I have a stupid amount of Avila and Vettori in my line-ups this card. And I am fully on board the Garbrandt train.

Good luck tonight every one! Should be fun.

• th3goat84

Honestly, this is a Trap card. This is also a coin flip card, I don’t care what anyone says but there is not 1 lock or Free Square compared to other events.

People may say Covington, Lin, Garbrandt but all 3 of there opponents have power and 1 punch is all that matters.

As the poster above said, wouldn’t surprise me if the winning LUs have both Diaz and McGregor. If it goes the distance both fighters rack up volume strikes, most importantly it creates a unique LU as everyone will only have either Diaz or McGregor but not both.

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #68

RG Tiered Ranking

Not a great ME to stack. Shocked if goes the distance. I see Cody as a “free square”.

• ItsMeBT

Vettori off and running!

• cleanslate

Turns out Vettori was the free square. Damn impressive performance. How that guy was only 26.6% owned as a pretty good favorite is beyond me, but needless to say I am thrilled he was on all but one of my lineups. Sadly I have to be out and about today, but good luck to everyone. Should be a fun card, hell of a start.

• afcangelo

VETTORI!!! And a round 1 finish at that! What a debut, and a really impressive submission after some pretty solid ground and pound despite Uda’s body triangle. And what a huge first win at only 8.8k! LOVE IT

• ItsMeBT

Covington vs Griffin super boring through 2 rounds.

• afcangelo

Joe said it best “Colby Covington is just mauling Max Griffin” and that was exactly what it was, a mauling. Covington seems like a real prick though, he’s got a very strong wrestling game but not a fan at all

• Divine_Prodigy

Have Vettori and Larkin in my main lineup , rounding that team out with Cody, Lim, and Rumble ….but also have that same , except with Means in case Rumble loses to Glover , which is very possible

• strassnerte

I also have the Vettori and Larkin start with Means, Cody, and Lim left. Un fortunately it looks like a pretty common lineup. I hope it keeps going this well, but there will be a huge split of money.

• DontThrowPick6

Casey/Larkin combo FTW!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).