MAIN FORUM

Comments

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

If Hendo upsets Bisping in front of his hometown crowd at this point in his career, I don’t know what to think any more! Bisping doesn’t need to get on the inside to strike and Hendo needs you to do that to KO you without crumbling! Is it just me or are too many of these fights WAY TOO close to call?!? I like Mousasi over Vitor, I think?!? Ovince St. Preux over Manuwa, but Manuwa can def get the upset! Alcantara over Pickett… That new muscular black dude Diakese over Sajewski because he looks intimidating lol! Anyone think Perry can take out Roberts?!? What are you guys’ thoughts!

• zelda3024

Here is my first homemade salaries for the upcoming fights. Please note: If I am way off please feel free to laugh because I laugh at myself:)

Dan Henderson 7900
    Michael Bisping 8300

Gegard Mousasi 9000
    Vitor Belfort 7400

Jimi Manuwa 8100
    Ovince St. Preux 8300

Daniel Omielanczuk 8000
    Stefan Struve 8200

Brad Pickett 8000
    Iuri Alcantara 8200

Damian Stasiak 7900
    Davey Grant 8300

Ian Entwistle 7700
    Rob Font 9100

Albert Tumenov 9200
    Leon Edwards 8400

Danny Roberts 8600
    Mike Perry 8600

Adriano Martins 8300
    Leonardo Santos 7700

Lukasz Sajewski 7500
    Marc Diakiese 8400

• JHols1nger

@zelda3024 said...

Same here on Perry. He has done somethings in his life several times and has had drug charges and Robbery. This Kid is a gifted fighter I do not want to compare Apples to Oranges but he reminds me of a Garbrandt type Striker. The Kid is an arrogant jerk and his corner making racial slurs is not cool at all…

His Gods Gift tattoo:( Sorry Mike you might need to be humbled one day. I understand we all make mistakes I just hope he starts to learn more life lessons.

He’s from the same town as me and grew up in one of the worst neighborhoods in the country, often with that comes a lot of problems so in some respects he should probably get a pass.

• Ronnyb

Looks good. I think you’re a bit low on some for exams stasiak and grant will be closer to 8700 and 8300 but overall the differences make sense. I do think bisping will be a bigger favorite

• zelda3024

@JHols1nger said...

He’s from the same town as me and grew up in one of the worst neighborhoods in the country, often with that comes a lot of problems so in some respects he should probably get a pass.

Totally understand plus I also read that he moved around a lot that his dad was in the Navy. Moving from place to place is hard on a kid there is no doubt about that. Hopefully he keeps his life in order because the kid has a ton of talent including a really good chin.

• zelda3024

@Ronnyb said...

Looks good. I think you’re a bit low on some for exams stasiak and grant will be closer to 8700 and 8300 but overall the differences make sense. I do think bisping will be a bigger favorite

That is one of those fights that is going to be sort of hard to decide. I like Grant here and I think he wins but now days who knows lol.

Grants says this is the best we will ever see of him. If I go with him I hope he is right:)

I think your right Grant 8700 Stasiak 8300

• bighop04

You can’t have Roberts and Perry both estimated to be 8600. That is like the old version having 2 fighters at 10.5k. I don’t think that has ever been close to happening, I’m not sure 2 fighters have even both been over 10k in the same fight, I would think 83 or 8200 will be the new line that you never get both fighters over.

• zelda3024

Last fights Lineker and Dotson were the same price. Dotson a slight favorite. 8600 might be a little much but I don’t see either being too much more than the other. It could be a 100 dollar salary between the two, what the actual price will be it could be 8300 and 8200.

• zelda3024

Betkic opens up as a -550 favorite. Doane + 400

• H3Budda

RG Overall Ranking

• x2

2018 DraftKings NFL KOTB Finalist

Going forwards I think cash games will be interesting. People are already thinking a min priced scrub and the rest quality (big fav) plays pays off. I don’t think that is a great long term strategy. Is anyone here with me on that one? The new DK pricing allows you to put a ~$6.5k guy in and then put in nearly 4+ big big favorites in. It could be a feasible strategy but I just don’t see it paying off. I think it’s rather easy to make a balanced team now with the new pricing with mixing a few “value” guys in (or miss-priced).

@zelda3024 I love your predictions on salary. That was a fun read and compare to the actual salaries. Maybe we should have a new guessing game before the salaries are live every week? Could be fun!

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Salaries look pretty good compared to what we’ve seen in the past, not a ton stands out as far as mispricing..

FYI Here’s a link to new MMA Premium content I’ve been teasing, in case anyone hasn’t seen it: https://rotogrinders.com/threads/mma-premium-live-1459555

• zelda3024

@H3Budda said...

I love your predictions on salary. That was a fun read and compare to the actual salaries. Maybe we should have a new guessing game before the salaries are live every week? Could be fun!

It for sure would give us all something to do while waiting for the actual salaries. We could do a game or a challenge and who ever comes the closest each event is the winner and receives the Title: DK Salary Ambassador :)

• zelda3024

@bbbomb said...

Salaries look pretty good compared to what we’ve seen in the past, not a ton stands out as far as mispricing..

FYI Here’s a link to new MMA Premium content I’ve been teasing, in case anyone hasn’t seen it: https://rotogrinders.com/threads/mma-premium-live-1459555

:) Perry and Hot Chocolate the same price:) I was off on the prices I should have put the same salary as Lineker and Dotson.(8100)

Some others lol.. I’m a bit off:)

• bigcrip

zelda, each fights’ salaries always add up to the same number, 16200

it used to be 19400, then they started making the main event cost a little more

thanks for posting your guesses

• zelda3024

@bigcrip said...

zelda, each fights’ salaries always add up to the same number, 16200

it used to be 19400, then they started making the main event cost a little more

thanks for posting your guesses

:) lol… I had no idea I never added them until now:) thanks for pointing that out:)

• cleanslate

Not sure if any of you are aware, but Josh Samman passed away today. Very sad story. He lost his girlfriend a few years ago in a tragic car accident. He and his friend were apparently found in his apartment about a week ago, his friend was already dead, and Josh was taken to a hospital and was in a coma until passing away today. They are saying no foul play is suspected, so the obvious conclusion would be a drug overdose. That is merely speculation at this point however.

RIP Josh, you were a very talented fighter and my thoughts and prayers are with your family and loved ones. 28 years old is way too young.

• jolokia

Yeah total bummer about Samman, I heard about it yesterday on Fighter and the Kid…he was fun to watch. RIP

I love the new scoring on DK, I broke even last week in GPP’s with 2 losses in my lineup. Picking an underdog who will go the distance and rack up points seems to be a new objective of mine.

What do you guys think about this OSP fight? I don’t know much about the other guy and am assuming OSP will be highly owned.

• jolokia

Also, in game logs did they update the scores to the new pricing? It appears that way.

• zooko62000

Yes the scores match the new pricing/scoring

• zelda3024

@cleanslate said...

Not sure if any of you are aware, but Josh Samman passed away today. Very sad story. He lost his girlfriend a few years ago in a tragic car accident. He and his friend were apparently found in his apartment about a week ago, his friend was already dead, and Josh was taken to a hospital and was in a coma until passing away today. They are saying no foul play is suspected, so the obvious conclusion would be a drug overdose. That is merely speculation at this point however.

RIP Josh, you were a very talented fighter and my thoughts and prayers are with your family and loved ones. 28 years old is way too young.

My heart goes out to both the families. This is very sad news.

• Ronnyb

For me it’s picking 2 out of moussasi, tumenov and bisping. Tumenov is the lock, but moussasi and bisping wins will most likely get more points. Will go with 2 lineups one with moussasi/bisping and the other with moussasi/tumenov

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #70

RG Tiered Ranking

@headChopper said...

I usually run to get those main events on my roster because if you can pick the winner, they pay off regardless of how they win, but this is way different. I might fade this main event. Hendu is just going to look for the bomb and Bisping will have no part of tangling with him. Smells like a dance around 5 round decision for Mr.Cardio with low output from both

I tend to play mostly GPP’s on PPV cards and even when I do play cash, I will very rarely stack the main. However, for 204, it makes even less sense to stack the main. Henderson is a huge risk with an extremely low floor (lowest on the card), though due to his one punch power, does have a decently high ceiling. However, Hendo has not made it out of the 2nd round in his last 4-fights, so if he does get that one punch KO, it should happen relatively quickly, so even with the new scoring rules, Hendo will generate good points, especially, considering his price. Therefore, I do recommend using a little Hendo is you are playing multiple lineups. Re: Bisping. Brett makes a good in that if the fight goes to decision, Bisping will likely have thrown at least 100-strikes. My issue is that considering Hendo’s age, cardio and recent track record, i would have a hard time seeing this going to a decision, so while I can certainly recco using Bisping stright up in lineups, I wouldn’t recco stacking the main

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #70

RG Tiered Ranking

@zelda3024 said...

That is one of those fights that is going to be sort of hard to decide. I like Grant here and I think he wins but now days who knows lol.

Grants says this is the best we will ever see of him. If I go with him I hope he is right:)

I think your right Grant 8700 Stasiak 8300

Stasiak looked good in his last fight and Grant was so unmemorable that even though I watched the fight, I had to watch it a 2nd time. Grant may win, though I don’t see a finish and I like Stasiak as a bit of a live dog

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #70

RG Tiered Ranking

@Ronnyb said...

For me it’s picking 2 out of moussasi, tumenov and bisping. Tumenov is the lock, but moussasi and bisping wins will most likely get more points. Will go with 2 lineups one with moussasi/bisping and the other with moussasi/tumenov

Depends on whether you are playing cash or GPP. I would argue that for cash, Font is more of a lock than Tumenov and I have Mousasi, Mirsad, Bisping & Font ahead of Tumenov in GPP’s

• zelda3024

@SunTszu said...

Stasiak looked good in his last fight and Grant was so unmemorable that even though I watched the fight, I had to watch it a 2nd time. Grant may win, though I don’t see a finish and I like Stasiak as a bit of a live dog

Stasiak is slippery I did go back and watch more tape on him. Both fighters have the ability to win. I do agree I don’t think we see a finish in this one.

• Divine_Prodigy

The more I look into it , I’m really liking Leon Edwards as that dog that can truly win ….with this pricing on this card you’re going to have to take dogs you may not even expect to win but I like Leon in a striker vs striker match with Tumenov ….Leon has never been finished ….and in his home country of the UK ….I hope for home cooking for Leon. Not to mention Leon can be sneaky and grapple Tumenov as well . I might’ve just talked myself into Leon Edwards even more .

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).