MAIN FORUM

Comments

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

If Hendo upsets Bisping in front of his hometown crowd at this point in his career, I don’t know what to think any more! Bisping doesn’t need to get on the inside to strike and Hendo needs you to do that to KO you without crumbling! Is it just me or are too many of these fights WAY TOO close to call?!? I like Mousasi over Vitor, I think?!? Ovince St. Preux over Manuwa, but Manuwa can def get the upset! Alcantara over Pickett… That new muscular black dude Diakese over Sajewski because he looks intimidating lol! Anyone think Perry can take out Roberts?!? What are you guys’ thoughts!

• JHols1nger

Who do you guys think is the better dog, Omielanczuk or Sajewski?

• golferdude31

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2016 King of Summer Champion

@Divine_Prodigy said...

The more I look into it , I’m really liking Leon Edwards as that dog that can truly win ….with this pricing on this card you’re going to have to take dogs you may not even expect to win but I like Leon in a striker vs striker match with Tumenov ….Leon has never been finished ….and in his home country of the UK ….I hope for home cooking for Leon. Not to mention Leon can be sneaky and grapple Tumenov as well . I might’ve just talked myself into Leon Edwards even more .

Interesting take. What is the best place to look and see if a fighter has even been finished? I know on a lot of website’s they show their record and how they obtained victories, but not necessarily the number of times they’ve been finished. Also, does anyone have a good place for finish props? I use Bet365 sometimes but they often don’t have the finish props until Friday or later for all of the fights. I’ve also tried using bestfightodds.com but the website never works. Does it not work in USA?

• bigcrip

Best fight odds.com has all the odds. Click the arrow on the right to see everything

Wikipedia has history of every fighter

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Premium chat and expert rankings are now live. If anyone wants to hop on the chat, I’ll be talking strat/watching the fights over there: https://rotogrinders.com/marketplace/mma-premium-339

• SunTszu

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #69

RG Tiered Ranking

@th3goat84 said...

I agree with you 100%. We need the pride rules, where scoring takedowns is meaningless if you don’t do anything. Fighters on their backs never get rewarded by the judges even if they are throwing elbows and working submissions. They only receive attention from judges if they lock in a tight submission.

Also, on Draftkings if a fighter KOs his opponent within the first minute let alone few seconds (very rare) might actually hurt you. Especially if there are fighters on that same card who get multiple takedowns, SS on the ground and end the fight in the 2nd or 3rd round.

My only critique at this point is that I would have like to see a scale and/or points bonus that rewards fighters not only by the round of a finish, but also for the time. The aforementioned would make it more equitable, so that a fighter won’t be penalized for a quick finish

• Ronnyb

@SunTszu said...

Depends on whether you are playing cash or GPP. I would argue that for cash, Font is more of a lock than Tumenov and I have Mousasi, Mirsad, Bisping & Font ahead of Tumenov in GPP’s

Tumenov is a great technical striker who can pick apart any mid level fighter. His distance is phenomenol, but in the clinch an elite mmA wrestler can expose him. I don’t think Edwards can do anything against him.

• Ronnyb

@JHols1nger said...

Who do you guys think is the better dog, Omielanczuk or Sajewski?

I would have to go with omielanczuk, he has a good chin, solid takedown defense and struve isn’t known for his power.

• th3goat84

@golferdude31 said...

Interesting take. What is the best place to look and see if a fighter has even been finished? I know on a lot of website’s they show their record and how they obtained victories, but not necessarily the number of times they’ve been finished. Also, does anyone have a good place for finish props? I use Bet365 sometimes but they often don’t have the finish props until Friday or later for all of the fights. I’ve also tried using bestfightodds.com but the website never works. Does it not work in USA?

Wikipedia or Sherdog. It show their entire record and the method they lost or won (KO, TKO, submission, decision…)

• Sclausen

DK has Font v Entwisle is cancelled, what happened?!??

EDIT- Apparently illness forced Ian off the card

• awalker11

After seeing pictures of early weigh-in of Belfort I think I’m switching him out of half the lineups I had him in. Lol

• Ronnyb

I wonder if Belford will be tentative, his last couple of fights he got finished badly after charging like a monster.

• cleanslate

I’ve always been a fan of Struve, but he looked really out of shape to me at the weigh ins. Not sure if he’s been hurt or what, but his muscle definition was awful compared to how he’s looked in the past. I kind of think that Omie might be able to take him down pretty easily if he chooses to do so.

• cleanslate

@awalker11 said...

After seeing pictures of early weigh-in of Belfort I think I’m switching him out of half the lineups I had him in. Lol

Holy crap, no TRT Vitor= yikes!!! He looks absolutely awful at this point, I was shocked when I watched the weigh ins.

• cleanslate

I might fade this card entirely strictly based on the Perry/Roberts fight, I hate that they are priced dead even as it almost forces you to double your entries on everything. Roberts SHOULD win, but Perry could definitely knock him out just as easily. I’m not a high volume MMA player and don’t really feel like spending twice the money just because I have to cover both sides equally of the same fight.

I also find myself really biased towards Perry because of the magnitude of his enormous douchebaggery. Terrible sportsmanship, a racist team, homophobic twitter slurs.. There is nothing I would like more than to see someone highlight reel KO him. And I don’t care what kind of area he came from, it’s no excuse. A lot of us have bad backgrounds but choose not to be awful people as adults. The issue for me is, you have to be unbiased with DFS, and I fear my dislike of the guy is really making me biased in my overall analysis of this fight.

If Roberts follows a perfect gameplan, does he theoretically have more tools and better technical skills to win this fight? I’d say yes. But does he really have a significant enough advantage to where you shouldn’t cover this fight fairly equally? Unfortunately, I’d have to say no. And given the overall pricing for this card, the winner of this fight is likely going to end up on the winning GPP lineup, so it’s almost impossible to fade entirely.

I’d love to hear other peoples thoughts on this. I don’t feel like playing the $3 GPP, that’s the problem. I’d rather do the $27 GPP or fade the event entirely. This fight is kind of ruining my desire to play this card for DFS.

• thetitanlb

@cleanslate said...

I might fade this card entirely strictly based on the Perry/Roberts fight, I hate that they are priced dead even as it almost forces you to double your entries on everything. Roberts SHOULD win, but Perry could definitely knock him out just as easily. I’m not a high volume MMA player and don’t really feel like spending twice the money just because I have to cover both sides equally of the same fight.

I also find myself really biased towards Perry because of the magnitude of his enormous douchebaggery. Terrible sportsmanship, a racist team, homophobic twitter slurs.. There is nothing I would like more than to see someone highlight reel KO him. And I don’t care what kind of area he came from, it’s no excuse. A lot of us have bad backgrounds but choose not to be awful people as adults. The issue for me is, you have to be unbiased with DFS, and I fear my dislike of the guy is really making me biased in my overall analysis of this fight.

If Roberts follows a perfect gameplan, does he theoretically have more tools and better technical skills to win this fight? I’d say yes. But does he really have a significant enough advantage to where you shouldn’t cover this fight fairly equally? Unfortunately, I’d have to say no. And given the overall pricing for this card, the winner of this fight is likely going to end up on the winning GPP lineup, so it’s almost impossible to fade entirely.

I’d love to hear other peoples thoughts on this. I don’t feel like playing the $3 GPP, that’s the problem. I’d rather do the $27 GPP or fade the event entirely. This fight is kind of ruining my desire to play this card for DFS.

This, I legit hope that Mike Perry gets legit knocked out so bad that it’s just a walk away ko. Dude is such a pos and terrible person. His take on Asian people and gay people really really bothers me. Suprised he did not get reprimanded for what he put on Twitter with his homo phobic slurs. I’m pretty sure the UFC wants his lights to get turned out as well.

But old friend clean. I actually like this card and feel like I have a good grasp on it.

• thetitanlb

@cleanslate said...

Holy crap, no TRT Vitor= yikes!!! He looks absolutely awful at this point, I was shocked when I watched the weigh ins.

I half agree with this and half not. Struve looks softer than normal but throughout his career his stamina has actually been really good. I don’t ever remember him gassing really in 2nd or 3rd rounds.

While i have seen Danny oms gas on multiple occasions. So to me it’s a toss up fight

• cleanslate

@thetitanlb said...

This, I legit hope that Mike Perry gets legit knocked out so bad that it’s just a walk away ko. Dude is such a pos and terrible person. His take on Asian people and gay people really really bothers me. Suprised he did not get reprimanded for what he put on Twitter with his homo phobic slurs. I’m pretty sure the UFC wants his lights to get turned out as well.

But old friend clean. I actually like this card and feel like I have a good grasp on it.

Titan, what up man! Hope all is well. Yeah, I think the only reason they didn’t cut him is because of the timing of it and they didn’t want to lose another fight on this card. The UFC brass can be extremely hypocritical, they have cut other fighters for much lesser offenses. In a perfect world he gets knocked out cold tomorrow night and is given his walking papers afterwards.

• cleanslate

@thetitanlb said...

I half agree with this and half not. Struve looks softer than normal but throughout his career his stamina has actually been really good. I don’t ever remember him gassing really in 2nd or 3rd rounds.

While i have seen Danny oms gas on multiple occasions. So to me it’s a toss up fight

Yeah, I was just a bit surprised about how Struve looked, he’s usually in pretty good shape. It’s hard to find underdogs I like on this card, I’m leaning slightly towards Omie but I agree this fight should be close and that Struve can definitely win.

I have a hard time rooting against Struve after all he went through with his heart condition, the guy obviously has a really strong will and a fighters spirit and I have a tremendous amount of respect for him.

• jolokia

Pretty nice $5 double up on draft kings, they added 35 milly maker tickets to it as well. Get in while there are spots left!

• WuChef1986

He’s super chinny and is very sloppy… it’s just a matter of time until he gets the lights shut off. Can’t deny his one shot KO power though

• WuChef1986

^^Perry that is

• WuChef1986

@cleanslate said...

Yeah, I was just a bit surprised about how Struve looked, he’s usually in pretty good shape. It’s hard to find underdogs I like on this card, I’m leaning slightly towards Omie but I agree this fight should be close and that Struve can definitely win.

I have a hard time rooting against Struve after all he went through with his heart condition, the guy obviously has a really strong will and a fighters spirit and I have a tremendous amount of respect for him.

He’s bulking up bit too quickly. ….. or maybe they wanted him to put on the Lbs then turn it into muscle mass
    He’s filling out now

Guy is a warrior

Would like to see Hardy come back also……. if he can do it safely

• cleanslate

@WuChef1986 said...

He’s bulking up bit too quickly. ….. or maybe they wanted him to put on the Lbs then turn it into muscle mass
    He’s filling out now

That’s a good point, I hadn’t really considered that. I also need to remind myself that Cain often looks like shit but is one of the most strong and durable fighters on the planet that can outpace just about anyone with his crazy cardio for a heavyweight.

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

@cleanslate said...

That’s a good point, I hadn’t really considered that. I also need to remind myself that Cain often looks like shit but is one of the most strong and durable fighters on the planet that can outpace just about anyone with his crazy cardio for a heavyweight.

Roberts should smash on Perry… He’s the much better technical striker and only struggles with smothering grapplers.. Perry’s power is an issue, but Roberts crisp technical boxing should prove to be the solvent… Perfect style matchup for Roberts to shne in..I

• cleanslate

@LeRoiStephon said...

Roberts should smash on Perry… He’s the much better technical striker and only struggles with smothering grapplers.. Perry’s power is an issue, but Roberts crisp technical boxing should prove to be the solvent… Perfect style matchup for Roberts to shne in..I

I hope you’re right, your vote of confidence makes me feel way better either way :) I’m rolling with a single entry and ended up going Roberts. I also think Roberts should have a huge advantage on the ground should he choose to take the fight there. I could see him choking Perry out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).