MAIN FORUM

Comments

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

UFC 205 Fight Week is here! It’s one of the best cards in UFC history, including THREE title fights, and there’s some great contests on DraftKings. It’s also the finale to the Rumble in Gotham event, good luck to all involved.

-I’m giving away a FREE MMA Premium package: https://twitter.com/BrettAppley/status/795383491357614080

Salaries

Joanna Jedrzejczyk , 9300
    Frankie Edgar, 9200
    Miesha Tate, 9100
    Khabib Nurmagomedov, 9000
    Donald Cerrone, 8900
    Stephen Thompson , 8800
    Tim Kennedy, 8700
    Conor McGregor, 8600
    Chris Weidman, 8500
    Thiago Alves, 8400
    Belal Muhammad, 8300
    Katlyn Chookagian, 8200
    Tim Boetsch, 8100
    Rafael Natal, 8100
    Liz Carmouche, 8000
    Vicente Luque, 7900
    Jim Miller , 7800
    Yoel Romero, 7700
    Eddie Alvarez, 7600
    Rashad Evans, 7500
    Tyron Woodley, 7400
    Kelvin Gastelum, 7300
    Michael Johnson, 7200
    Raquel Pennington, 7100
    Jeremy Stephens, 7000
    Karolina Kowalkiewicz, 6900

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

It’s time for the biggest freaking card yet! Everybody is on this card!! I’m pegging Michael Johnson for the mega huge upset over Khabib!! Rashad Evans should be sending Tim Kennedy back over to Iraq! Uhhmmm!! I got Mcgregor over Alvarez but I wouldn’t be suprised if Alvarez doesn’t have his moments! JJ should put a smashing on Kowalkiewicz although KK should put up a respectable showing! Natal vs Tim Boetsch should NOT be on this card lol!! What are you guys’ thoughts?!?!?

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #32

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

$1M Prize Winner

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Wonderboy. I think it’s his time.
    God this card is stacked. Every fight (main card) i look at seems like a marquee matchup.
    Hard for me to pick against McGregor after hanging in and beating Diaz.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@LeRoiStephon said...

JJ should put a smashing on Kowalkiewicz although KK should put up a respectable showing!

Very curious what this means lol..

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@headChopper said...

Wonderboy. I think it’s his time.
    God this card is stacked. Every fight (main card) i look at seems like a marquee matchup.
    Hard for me to pick against McGregor after hanging in and beating Diaz.

Legitimately could be the best card ever.

This is a completely different matchup than McGregor Diaz, but while the wrestling could be a bigger issue in this fight, Conor’s power and striking should have a bigger impact than it did against Diaz. Very interesting stylistic matchup.

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

@bbbomb said...

Very curious what this means lol..

I don’t think KK stands a chance against JJ as she struggled at range against Thug Rose!! JJ doesn’t have the vuneralbilities in the clinch that Rose did so I don’t see an avenue to victory for KK although she could very well hang in there for the duration no doubt about it!!

• Ronnyb

I’m going to ride with JJ and Weidman as I think they’ll win and get a ton of points. I like Conor to finish Alvarez, Thompson and then fill in the next 2. There are potential upsets in Johnson, gastelum and Evans but with the guys they are facing they could be risky and barely get any points

• Ronnyb

I would say JJ will be 70+% owned as she is the biggest favourite and she puts a ton of points with her high volume output.

• Ronnyb

Lique vs Muhammad, Miller vs Thiago and natal vs boestch are all toss ups. I have Edgar winning easily against Stephens by decision but might not be a huge score. Similar to the cub vs Stephens. If this was 5 rounds I would play edgar

• bigcrip

i guess everyone should stack the main fights since 6 fighters are in 5 round fights

dont really see anyone taking chookagian, carmouche, boetsch, natal… maybe no one takes tate or pennington

mmmm

• Divine_Prodigy

Yoel Romero will rag doll Chris Weidman , this is a horrible matchup for Chris . Everyone keeps sleeping on Woodley …..he’s gonna beat Thompson . That’s the biggest gut feeling I had and it’s the same one I felt about him and Lawler and he we know how that ended .

I actually think for this one I’ll write an article about 205 and hopefully it turns out to be a great insightful read .

• Ronnyb

Boestch might see some love because he’s a big name with finishing power, but will stay away.

• Ronnyb

I have Weidman as a better mma wrestler and his chin is solid (although he is hittable). I can’t see woodley winning, Thompson is such a smart fighter and that reach distance is ridiculous

• thetitanlb

I struggle to see how Weidman beats Yoel Romero. Weidmans game is usually his wrestling. I dont see how he will be able to out wrestle yoel. Also standing i just think Yoel is way more explosive. The only advantage i see for weidman is in the cardio game. Since this is only a 3 round fight i dont see that being a deciding factor.

• thetitanlb

@Ronnyb said...

I have Weidman as a better mma wrestler and his chin is solid (although he is hittable). I can’t see woodley winning, Thompson is such a smart fighter and that reach distance is ridiculous

Yoel has won a medal at 5 different world championships. He has been to 2 olympics and gotten silver in 1 of them.

Weidman only placed 1 time in the NCAA tourney. Not sure how it can be said that weidman is a better mma wrestler lol.

• Cbed11

I’m no Weidman fan, but I don’t see him losing this fight. Romero needed a third round TKO to beat Brunson and very nearly lost to Tim Kennedy. Weidman has a huge height and reach advantage. Will probably go to decision, but I can easily see Weidman winning by TKO after Romero inevitably gasses.

• thetitanlb

@Cbed11 said...

I’m no Weidman fan, but I don’t see him losing this fight. Romero needed a third round TKO to beat Brunson and very nearly lost to Tim Kennedy. Weidman has a huge height and reach advantage. Will probably go to decision, but I can easily see Weidman winning by TKO after Romero inevitably gasses.

Tim Kennedy is a stud though. Its my opinion but Kennedy is a better striker than weidman. Lets not forget Tim Kennedy has beaten Bisping and Robbie Lawler. I just see it as a bad matchup for weidman. He excels when he can wrestler with guys. I just dont see that as an option here. But alas thats jsut my opinion.

• Ronnyb

I think Weidman wins, but his defense isn’t the greatest and Weidman is pretty aggressive

• Ronnyb

Mma wrestling and wrestling are different. Look at Jon Jones out wrestling Cormier. Maia and GSP are two of the best and their credentials would make you think otherwise

• Cbed11

The Kennedy-Evans fight is off.

• Pompeyfever

Kennedy is calling out Nick Diaz, Bisping and the Spider on Twitter

• Cbed11

@Pompeyfever said...

Kennedy is calling out Nick Diaz, Bisping and the Spider on Twitter

Jacare as well. I wish somebody would step in and proceed to knock his annoying ass out into retirement.

• Pompeyfever

Diaz would never pass a drug test in time, but Jacare would have been training for Rockhold, so he could be up for a catch weight

• Ronnyb

Not too disappointed this was not a fight I was looking forward to

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Don’t forget gravycakes and I will be hosting a Grinders Live at 9pm ET, and we will be joined by Christie Sullivan from DK MMA Operations for the first segment.

• Divine_Prodigy

@bbbomb said...

Don’t forget gravycakes and I will be hosting a Grinders Live at 9pm ET, and we will be joined by Christie Sullivan from DK MMA Operations for the first segment.

Will you ask her about adding other MMA organizations …..such as Bellator fights like what Kountermove did ? Especially since DK bought them

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).