MAIN FORUM

Comments

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

It’s do or die for Ronda Rousey….. Personally, I think this is the perfect matchup for her… Nunes is super aggressive, super willing to get into the clinch and she only has about 1/4 a tank of gas!! Werdum beats up on Velasquez once again, and we’re going to get him at a dog’s price!!! I like this card!! A lot of clear routes to go down here!! I like Dillashaw over Lineker!! How about you!! Means over Oliveira?

• Ronnyb

@rockpie said...

Rousey to sign with WWE in 2017. Book it.

After the two losses I don’t think she’ll make an appearance anywhere

• Ronnyb

@eric42 said...

Sounds like you’re trying to find a way for Cruz to be the winner. Cody absolutely destroyed him in rounds 3 and 4. The other three rounds, at best for Cruz, were too close to call. Giving him all 3 is extremely generous, even if those reliable stats don’t agree.

Did Cruz ever even come close to hurting him?

Easy decision.

Dillashaw-Garbrandt would be an interesting fight, and pretty much impossible to predict the outcome. They both looked great tonight. I might lean Dillashaw since Garbrandt might be due for a let-down after this accomplishment.

Cody vs TJ is a great fight. TJ has the wrestling advantage, but man does he leave his chin out there. I was impressed with cody’s footwork and will utilize the jab against TJ. It will be a great fight.

• thetitanlb

@eric42 said...

Sounds like you’re trying to find a way for Cruz to be the winner. Cody absolutely destroyed him in rounds 3 and 4. The other three rounds, at best for Cruz, were too close to call. Giving him all 3 is extremely generous, even if those reliable stats don’t agree.

Did Cruz ever even come close to hurting him?

Easy decision.

Dillashaw-Garbrandt would be an interesting fight, and pretty much impossible to predict the outcome. They both looked great tonight. I might lean Dillashaw since Garbrandt might be due for a let-down after this accomplishment.

Sorry but Cruz rarely hurts anyone in any of his fights. He is basically a point fighter

• TimmerRC

Holy crap, Rousey’s finished.

• Ronnyb

@beastmodecal said...

However, I wonder whats next for Rousey. Dominant performance as expected by Nunes but who knows whats next for Rousey. She needs to change camps if she wants to keep fighting

I have respect for all fighters who enter the ring, but rousey disrespected fighting with her behaviour from the holm fight to now. She refused to speak to the mma media (only go on Ellen), showed no respect to the fighters before and after and her ego was out of control. She didn’t train with a proper camp and acted like a bully. I was happy to see her lose.

• Ronnyb

@thetitanlb said...

Sorry but Cruz rarely hurts anyone in any of his fights. He is basically a point fighter

In the presser Cruz is admitting defeat today. Showing great class

• thetitanlb

@Ronnyb said...

I saw it the opposite, Cody controlled the fight didn’t take much damage and badly beat up Cruz. Stats tell a story but only a part of it, the better and more dangerous fighter won

It’s kinda funny how most everyone saw it this way but me.

Side note remember that Dodson fight a few months ago. Dodson did what Cody did this fight but even better. Dodson actually landed more strikes than his oppenent Liniker. Made liniker miss more than Cody did Cruz. And Dodson lost…

This has been the only biased part of all my posts since Dodson is my favorite fighter in this division lol

• thetitanlb

@Ronnyb said...

In the presser Cruz is admitting defeat today. Showing great class

Yeah Cruz is a classy guy

• Ronnyb

TJ vs Cody
    Winner of Rivera/caraway for cruz
    Almeida vs Dodson
    Assuncao vs sterling
    Loser Rivera/caraway vs linekar

• Ronnyb

@thetitanlb said...

Yeah Cruz is a classy guy

It was a great fight and he showed a great chin. Cody has a great quick hook. With Cruz and his movements you need good footwork and hooks since the Jab is tough to land

• thetitanlb

@Ronnyb said...

TJ vs Cody
    Winner of Rivera/caraway for cruz
    Almeida vs Dodson
    Assuncao vs sterling
    Loser Rivera/caraway vs linekar

Shoulda been Dodson vs TJ tonight

• thetitanlb

@Ronnyb said...

It was a great fight and he showed a great chin. Cody has a great quick hook. With Cruz and his movements you need good footwork and hooks since the Jab is tough to land

I agree. Do you think this is the first time ever a fighter has landed more sig strikers in every round and lost?? Not trying to argue anymore because everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Just wondering for history sake. Kinda a random fact I wanna know lol

• Ronnyb

@thetitanlb said...

It’s kinda funny how most everyone saw it this way but me.

Side note remember that Dodson fight a few months ago. Dodson did what Cody did this fight but even better. Dodson actually landed more strikes than his oppenent Liniker. Made liniker miss more than Cody did Cruz. And Dodson lost…

This has been the only biased part of all my posts since Dodson is my favorite fighter in this division lol

A lot of people had Dodson winning. The difference was that Dodson landed a good amount of power punches and did take much damage, but Cody hurt Cruz

• thetitanlb

@Ronnyb said...

A lot of people had Dodson winning. The difference was that Dodson landed a good amount of power punches and did take much damage, but Cody hurt Cruz

I had Dodson winning as well. Just pointed that out to show the inconcensty of mma judges. If this fight was scored like the Dodson fight then Cruz woulda won.

• zelda3024

@Ronnyb said...

After the two losses I don’t think she’ll make an appearance anywhere

Her come back just was not meant to be. Ronda can blame Ronda and Ronda only… She took this or was working on her acting skills way too serious. She would not take part in this or did not want to do Media appearances. We found out where she was mentally. She no longer holds the title of Baddest Woman on the Planet that Title now goes to Amanda Nunes.

Even with knowing all this it was hard not to have exposure to her just simply because of who she is. Like all ready said above the WWE will be calling.

No Love fought an amazing fight for a Guy who Rarely will have a reach advantage even Lineker has a two inch reach advantage on Cody. Cruz had a three inch reach advantage and no one in the Division could attack Cruz like Cody Did. Almeida a 7 inch reach advantage and Cody knows how to close the gaps and hit fighters with power that comes from the whole body. He is the new breed of hybrid fighter.

The first fight of the night I always thought a fighter had to have both knees on the ground to be considered a downed opponent but I guess not. The thing is then the knees were not legal and the fight should have been a DQ That fight alone screwed up a lot of peoples fight cards. Including myself.

• Ronnyb

@zelda3024 said...

Her come back just was not meant to be. Ronda can blame Ronda and Ronda only… She took this or was working on her acting skills way too serious. She would not take part in this or did not want to do Media appearances. We found out where she was mentally. She no longer holds the title of Baddest Woman on the Planet that Title now goes to Amanda Nunes.

Even with knowing all this it was hard not to have exposure to her just simply because of who she is. Like all ready said above the WWE will be calling.

No Love fought an amazing fight for a Guy who Rarely will have a reach advantage even Lineker has a two inch reach advantage on Cody. Cruz had a three inch reach advantage and no one in the Division could attack Cruz like Cody Did. Almeida a 7 inch reach advantage and Cody knows how to close the gaps and hit fighters with power that comes from the whole body. He is the new breed of hybrid fighter.

The first fight of the night I always thought a fighter had to have both knees on the ground to be considered a downed opponent but I guess not. The thing is then the knees were not legal and the fight should have been a DQ That fight alone screwed up a lot of peoples fight cards. Including myself.

Rousey’s acting is brutal, she’s not Hollywood good looking, she’s not a good person. She has an ego, she wants to be on Ellen and hang with the Stars. WWE doesn’t fit that persona and is a grind. Also after being dominated do you really think the wwe wants her

• rockpie

@Ronnyb said...

WWE doesn’t fit that persona and is a grind.

Disagree with that. Look what they’ve been doing with Brock Lesnar. Talk about someone who can’t act, isn’t a good person, etc.

Sign her as a PPV-only prize fighter, same as they’ve done with Brock, assign her a manager to help her with promos, it would sell tickets & draw viewers. That’s all WWE cares about.

All she has to do then is act tough and pretend to beat people up. Sure she could manage that.

• eric42

Finally got around to seeing the Means/Oliveira fight. That’s the only one I missed last night. I am wondering why that wasn’t a DQ and therefore a first round win for Oliveira. Wouldn’t that be 90 more points for Oliveira? That’s a huge mistake, no? I’m surprised there hasn’t been much talk here about that considering how much we dissect phantom TDs and KDs.

• Ronnyb

@rockpie said...

Disagree with that. Look what they’ve been doing with Brock Lesnar. Talk about someone who can’t act, isn’t a good person, etc.

Sign her as a PPV-only prize fighter, same as they’ve done with Brock, assign her a manager to help her with promos, it would sell tickets & draw viewers. That’s all WWE cares about.

All she has to do then is act tough and pretend to beat people up. Sure she could manage that.

After last night im not sure she can pretend to beat anyone up

• geardaddy

I would love to know what will be the outcome of the guy who won the “meet rhonda rousey” experience on dk.

• cy1985

@rockpie said...

Rousey to sign with WWE in 2017. Book it.

As you were saying:

http://www.cyinterview.com/2016/12/ronda-rousey-should-go-wwe-if-finished-in-ufc/

• Renkse

Actually, if a fighter misses weight, they are only allowed to gain x amount of pounds back after weigh ins and I believe it’s like no more than 20% of their weigh in weight just for example. Percentage may be off a bit.

• Ronnyb

@cy1985 said...

As you were saying:

http://www.cyinterview.com/2016/12/ronda-rousey-should-go-wwe-if-finished-in-ufc/

I think she’ll be too embarrassed to sign with them.

I have this feeling that she will take more time off and then come back to the UFC

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler