MAIN FORUM

Comments

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Full odds are out besides the replacement fight for Marcin Tybura, hopefully salaries come out tomorrow. There’s an 80K Main Event and a 10k, $20 3-entry max up on DK, so let’s make sure we get those tournaments filled.

There will be a handful of podcasts this week from myself, leroistephon, suntszu etc on Daily Fantasy MMA YouTube, and gravycakes and I will be on Grinders Live THURSDAY at 6pm PST!

We have the first ever UFC 145 title fight, unfortunately the best 145er isn’t fighting…but it’s still a decent card. Anderson Silva vs. Derek Brunson is a really interesting fight to me, I think it likely ends quickly. If Brunson fights like he did against Whittaker he’s getting knocked out, but Silva’s been hurt so many times recently that one punch from Brunson could put him down too.

Who you guys like???

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #37

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

$1M Prize Winner

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

One of the more terrible main events in Pay Per View history. Just a putrid womens bout. Silva is old but not been that bad. Brunson is over rated and it showed last fight. I take Silva.
    The Teixara fight looks like a decent fight. I’ll also always watch a Poirier fight. Outside of that, this card is lacking.

• gravycakes

You’re right the best 145er isn’t fighting…depressed over-eating Ronda Rousey!

• zelda3024

Marcin Tybura vs Justin Willis Official

• Ronnyb

@headChopper said...

One of the more terrible main events in Pay Per View history. Just a putrid womens bout. Silva is old but not been that bad. Brunson is over rated and it showed last fight. I take Silva.
    The Teixara fight looks like a decent fight. I’ll also always watch a Poirier fight. Outside of that, this card is lacking.

I like poirier in this fight, miller doesn’t have the speed to match him. I’ve bet against Brunson a lot, might stay away because silva is now 40 and he hasn’t looked the same in awhile

• Ronnyb

I wonder what the price for Jacare and Wilson Reis will be? My guess is both could be at 9600.

I see a ton of decisions in this card, this might be one where you stack in cash games

• zelda3024

Come on Vegas release the odds for Marcin Tybura vs Justin Willis. Then DK can post the salaries.

• tedttm89

Another week tough to pay up for the higher favorites. I’ve made a couple of mid range lineups I like though

• ParlayPicker

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• 2018 DraftKings FBBWC Finalist

Salaries are posted

• MMathison04

Mid range lineup construction for GPPs looks like way to go at first glance

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to create multiple LUs and import them? I don’t think any of the LU builders support MMA contests, so do we have to build them by hand?

• Ronnyb

@MMathison04 said...

I just worry there won’t be many finishes on this card outside of jacare and reis. My guess is that we will see a lot of miller and Lentz because of value

• Ronnyb

@MMathison04 said...

in cash I’ll most likely play jacare and reis

• tedttm89

It would take some serious punts to get both

• chiltzdk

Im an Anderson fan…has been my favourite fighter for a long time, but I think Brunson is gonna find that chin. Anderson seems to still think he has the reflexes to avoid the punches with head movement…..and he doesn’t.

• NewMike

@Ronnyb said...

I wonder what the price for Jacare and Wilson Reis will be? My guess is both could be at 9600.

I see a ton of decisions in this card, this might be one where you stack in cash games

Good call, so close

• beastmodecal

• Blogger of the Month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3B3_1rr7s0

Check out Leroi, Pro MMA fighter Trisha Cicero and myself breakdown UFC 208. We got some good dog picks for you guys this weekend. Let me know if you have any questions.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@beastmodecal said...

Check out Leroi, Pro MMA fighter Trisha Cicero and myself breakdown UFC 208. We got some good dog picks for you guys this weekend. Let me know if you have any questions.

Good stuff!

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #37

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

$1M Prize Winner

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

Welp. Tybura fight is off now. Willis “unfit to compete”. Too late for replacements. I had Tybura locked in. This sux

• zelda3024

@headChopper said...

Welp. Tybura fight is off now. Willis “unfit to compete”. Too late for replacements. I had Tybura locked in. This sux

WTF. Same here. So much for Willis getting any other chances like that in the UFC.

• zelda3024

He said he could not make the weight cut his body shut down and ufc doctors would not clear him to fight. 265lbs is the cut off how much weight did he need to cut?? The guy should not even need to cut weight at heavyweight not when the limit is 265…. If he can not keep himself in that range everyday then maybe it is time to stop fighting and just focus on dam cheeseburgers….

• Ronnyb

I’m finding it tough to find the dogs.

Cannonier faces glover and if it’s a striking match and Jared can figure out how to avoid the hooks he will finish glover, but if glover can hit him and take him down his ground game and bjj is at a different level and he will finish him. I would do Jared for gpp only

Lentz vs Islam – Both are not great strikers, Islam is just better in every facet and once he gets him down he moves into side control and will dominate. Lentz goes for subs and chokes off takedowns if he misses it, he’s done. I don’t like Lentz here

Carneiro vs laflare – Ryan has the striking edge, creates good distance, cardio edge and takedown defense, but his striking defence is a concern. Roan has the bjj background but if you can survive Maia for
    5 rounds then roan should be no problem.

Bilal – loved him as a prospect because of his technical striking and defence, but in the UFC his defence has been horrible and he’s brawling. Not a huge brown fan, but I don’t know who bilal is as a fighter. I think this is a toss up

Brooks vs McCall – super close with brooks having a speed advantage, but short notice against a great veteran whose tough to finish, I have no clue

Holm vs GDR – counter striker vs aggressive striker, I like gdr because of the power and holm’s chin and age are a concern. I could see this going 5 rounds and playing both might be worth it for cash

Silva vs Brunson – if Brunson wrestles he could control the fight. Silva obviously is a great counter striker and going up against a striker who doesn’t move his head is good for him. If it goes to the 3rd will Brunson gas out. Will silva be aggressive in this fight. So many unknowns I will avoid this fight but Ito had to I would lean towards silva, but wouldn’t be shocked to see Brunson just win a wrestling match.

I think Glenn, poirier, jacare and reis will win easily

• NewMike

@beastmodecal said...

For some reason the audio is super choppy, is there another link? It’s unwatchable on my computer at this point.

• Ronnyb

@NewMike said...

For some reason the audio is super choppy, is there another link? It’s unwatchable on my computer at this point.

I had a similar issue, the sound was choppy

• beastmodecal

• Blogger of the Month

Unfortunately there aren’t any alternative links. It does clear up though after around the 3rd fight.

• thetitanlb

@zelda3024 said...

He said he could not make the weight cut his body shut down and ufc doctors would not clear him to fight. 265lbs is the cut off how much weight did he need to cut?? The guy should not even need to cut weight at heavyweight not when the limit is 265…. If he can not keep himself in that range everyday then maybe it is time to stop fighting and just focus on dam cheeseburgers….

He usually fights in Asia where the weight divisions are different there. He could way up to 290 for for his fights. He only had 1 fight before this where he has to make 265. He made it for that fight. So most likely he had to cut like 30 lbs in like 6 days. Not suprised he couldn’t make it

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).