MAIN FORUM

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

Rumble didn’t do all that bad against Cormier in the first matchup and actually rocked him twice so I think he finishes the deal here after sharpening up his wrestling. Loving Magomed Bibulatov vs. such a middling talent in Lausa. Patrick Cummins is gonna be a lock in load in this spot for me… Not many people can stop his wrestling. Haven’t seen Pearl Gonzalez throw down but I’m super excited about the prospects of having Cynthia Calvillo on my teams again… I don’t think Usman loses to strickland although it’s possible.. I just don’t think so though..

• CUTiger81

Rumble is a beast but if DC gets him on the ground the round is over. He may not sub him but Rumble won’t be able to get out in time to not lose the round. Should be an awesome fight.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

I’m loving this card, so many strong wrestlers. Good test to see how sharp the public is.

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

I was thinking that same thing… But Usman and Gillespie could be traps… I guess this is a card where you want to use lots of entries and see which guys are going to get the big points because the gimme spots are SUPER OBVIOUS

• Ronnyb

I’m thinking this is a great card for cash. gillespie, Emmett and usman are good cash plays because their floors are pretty high. Usman is a lock for cash, even though I am impressed by Strickland. Jury is a lock for me in both gpp and cash seems like this is a get back in the win column for this good prospect. Weidman will probably be good value as a dog because his floor is high

Going to avoid the brooks/oliveira and cummins/blachowitz

Rumble vs Cormier – I really like rumble and want him to win, but Cormier knows the blueprint to win. I don’t like the fact that Cormier is getting older and already pulled out of a fight. I think We know what’s going to happen, rumble if he comes out swinging will try and knock him out, if he doesn’t Cormier will take him down and it’s over. If rumble is passive, Cormier will grind him against the cage and probably take him down. If I were to play 2 gpp cards I would play them both, but if I had to do one it would be Cormier

• Ronnyb

@LeRoiStephon said...

I was thinking that same thing… But Usman and Gillespie could be traps… I guess this is a card where you want to use lots of entries and see which guys are going to get the big points because the gimme spots are SUPER OBVIOUS

I would expect usman to be about 8600-8800, I’ll play him in cash but not gpp. Depending on price Gillespie could be good in both

As for cummins, I feel like he is getting worse. The defense is bad and he’s become predictable. It’s a decent matchup but one that he could lose. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him the underdog which would make him a good play. I will avoid him in cash

• beastmodecal

• Blogger of the Month

@Ronnyb said...

I’m thinking this is a great card for cash. gillespie, Emmett and usman are good cash plays because their floors are pretty high. Usman is a lock for cash, even though I am impressed by Strickland. Jury is a lock for me in both gpp and cash seems like this is a get back in the win column for this good prospect. Weidman will probably be good value as a dog because his floor is high

Going to avoid the brooks/oliveira and cummins/blachowitz

Rumble vs Cormier – I really like rumble and want him to win, but Cormier knows the blueprint to win. I don’t like the fact that Cormier is getting older and already pulled out of a fight. I think We know what’s going to happen, rumble if he comes out swinging will try and knock him out, if he doesn’t Cormier will take him down and it’s over. If rumble is passive, Cormier will grind him against the cage and probably take him down. If I were to play 2 gpp cards I would play them both, but if I had to do one it would be Cormier

Wouldn’t be surprised if Cormier pulls out. I believe they are 2 for 6 in their last 6 fights (of AKA based top fighters). 2 for 6 meaning in fights they actually show up to not win/loss . Islam Machochev and Gray Maynard were the last two to actually fight representing AKA while Luke Rockhold, Daniel Cormier, Ruslan Magomedov and Cain Velasquez all pulled out in their recent bouts.

• Ronnyb

@beastmodecal said...

Wouldn’t be surprised if Cormier pulls out. I believe they are 2 for 6 in their last 6 fights (of AKA based top fighters). 2 for 6 meaning in fights they actually show up to not win/loss . Islam Machochev and Gray Maynard were the last two to actually fight representing AKA while Luke Rockhold, Daniel Cormier, Ruslan Magomedov and Cain Velasquez all pulled out in their recent bouts.

I really hope he doesn’t pull out again. I was anti Cormier because his fighting style was clinching and grinding and I like jones and rumble a lot more. But he’s grown on me and I like him as an analyst and I think he’s smart and a good person. This will push me back to anti Cormier camp again.

As for rumble, I’m interested to see how he fights. He’s the better striker and more powerful, but in the clinch, mma wrestling, bjj Cormier has the definitive edge. Rumble fought poorly last time as he had some wild kicks and tried to get the walk off knockout. He fought Manuwa next and made an effort to be more patient, so he recognizes he can’t just hope for an early knock out against Cormier or jones if he fights him next. I want to see if he’s made an improvements on the ground and in the clinch. Cormier is not going to sub him only ground and pound, can rumble prevent side control and will he fight to get up.

• Ronnyb

I’m watching tape on bibilatov and he seems like a good cash play.

Odds aren’t out but I don’t see many 9k+ fighters

• headChopper

RG Contributor (OG Status)

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #58

RG Tiered Ranking

• x2

$1M Prize Winner

• 2014 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

oh man. Most interesting fight of the night to me is Oliveira vs Brooks. It’s going to be intersting to see if Oliveira can pull off the submission off his back

• zelda3024

I can not see Cromier pulling out at all. His time is getting limited he has said that. He said he can’t wait around for Jones he is getting older. I hope he has been smart in training with take downs and leg kicks coming off groin surgery. If he had to pull out that would completely sink another UFC card bad.
    ~
    That kind of worries me in an actual fight Cromier strains his groin going for a big take down or a hard leg kick and has to just stand toe to toe with Rumble.

• Ronnyb

@headChopper said...

oh man. Most interesting fight of the night to me is Oliveira vs Brooks. It’s going to be intersting to see if Oliveira can pull off the submission off his back

I think brooks wins, he will get oliveira in the clinch and grind out a win, winning round 2 and 3 as oliveira gasses out

• NewMike

Is it possible to bet whether he pulls out of the fight or not? I think if he makes it to Octagon he should be a favourite, but it’s more likely he misses this fight, since he’s old and trains like an idiot.

• zelda3024

@NewMike said...

Is it possible to bet whether he pulls out of the fight or not? I think if he makes it to Octagon he should be a favourite, but it’s more likely he misses this fight, since he’s old and trains like an idiot.

I have never seen odds like that. I did just see pics of Cormier throwing high leg kicks and my first thought was with this amount of time to go till fight time it very well could happen. AKA has a large history of fight pull outs.

• Ronnyb

Brooks is a heavy favourite over oliveira, I probably won’t touch this fight because brooks will be too expensive and will grind out a win. Cote is a big favourite, which make Alves a good dog if he’s priced in the low 7k

• Ronnyb

@Ronnyb said...

I’m watching tape on bibilatov and he seems like a good cash play.

Odds aren’t out but I don’t see many 9k+ fighters

Damn bibulatov is a huge favourite was hoping he would be cheap

• zelda3024

I thought he would be his price will be high.

• Ronnyb

Rewatching the Cormier/jones fought, cormier is a smart fighter and in the clinch he’s really good. Jones is an all around beast and a very tough matchup for Cormier. DC he has too work so hard to get inside and the wrestling is negated because jones might be he best mma wrestler in the game. Johnson can’t do what jones does in the clinch with dirty elbows and with the wrestling. The only thing that scares me is that Cormier is 38 and hasn’t fought in a long time, he loses a bit of speed and he’s done, Cormier 2 years ago wins this one again in similar fashion, today who knows

• zelda3024

Who knows is so true. What makes me lean towards Rumble right now is not just Cormier’s age but coming off Groin surgery that was not that long ago. Will he be 100%? He said age is catching up to him. There are fight factors that have to be considered and I am sure Rumble wants that belt just as much as anyone.

We remember Cromier crying after the Jones loss he is the Ultimate Competitor in that octagon but just a step slower and a step less strong can be the difference in a match like this. Is he slower? Is he less stronger? These are the questions needed to be broke down.

• Ronnyb

@zelda3024 said...

Who knows is so true. What makes me lean towards Rumble right now is not just Cormier’s age but coming off Groin surgery that was not that long ago. Will he be 100%? He said age is catching up to him. There are fight factors that have to be considered and I am sure Rumble wants that belt just as much as anyone.

We remember Cromier crying after the Jones loss he is the Ultimate Competitor in that octagon but just a step slower and a step less strong can be the difference in a match like this. Is he slower? Is he less stronger? These are the questions needed to be broke down.

Very tough to call, I will most likely avoid them in cash especially if it’s a 13 fight card. GPP you almost have to play one since I see a lot of decisions

• zelda3024

So much time left before fight night it sort of scares me. 13 right now and I hope it stays but it all most seems were guaranteed for something to happen.

• Ronnyb

@zelda3024 said...

So much time left before fight night it sort of scares me. 13 right now and I hope it stays but it all most seems were guaranteed for something to happen.

Let’s hope no one pulls out late again. This is the start of a great run of cards after a slower Q1

• callmetouch

Brooks/Olivera will be off calling it now

• NewMike

Cormier still hasn’t pulled out? What a crazy world

• NewMike

Just looking at odds and Bibulatov has a -22% line movement, does anyone know why?

• Ronnyb

Prices are out. My 2 cents, cash and gpp lineups will be very different, 380 – 400 should be good to cash in lineups.

Cash will avoid rumble/Cormier and cummins/blacho and probably moussasi.

Prices that scare me. Usman at 9200 and facing a good defensive striker. Too many unknowns, I don’t know how good Strickland takedown defense is, but that jab can push usman back. At 8500 I lock in usman, 9200 I’m scared

Need to do more reaearch on Burgos, I like the skill set but rosa is his toughest competition yet.

Leaning towards having bibs, Emmett and Gillespie as my core

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).