MAIN FORUM

Comments

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

Everybody is so depressed nobody even posted a thread… Or is that my duty… Alright guys… Who ya got.. I got Holloway.. I just think it’s his time… Moyle is my most confident pick overall.. Liking Medeiros vs Erick “Shell of His Former Self” Silva… Assuncao is a live dog against Moraes IMO… Shouldn’t Alcantara just kill Kelleher? I think someone is going to sleep FO SHO in Belfort vs Marquardt and I think it’ll be Belfort.. Don’t be depressed… UFC FN 109 was 3 days ago.. It’s time for REDEMPTION!!

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

• 2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Sorry, haven’t been following MMA recently, why do you say everybody is depressed?

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@LeRoiStephon said...

Moyle is my most confident pick overall

you sure?

• 13nutz

@bbbomb said...

you sure?

Really looking forward to your breakdown on this fight and ownership on Belfort/marquadt fight

• Annadad71

I can’t wait for a chance to get my line ups in there! Although the pay out structure is not my favorite, for some reason I have usually done well with MMA GPP games. I will make line ups in the following format:
    1, Excited to get down to business (with either a coffee or beer in my other hand…depending on time of day…Irish Italian here so can’t drink before 12 P.M…LOL).
    2. Create my projections (somewhat boring but interesting to see how fighters should fair)
    3. Create line ups and scream at computer for giving me too much of one under dog,…(who made my line ups work last week).
    4. Staring at screen 3 minutes after contest starts to see how I am in the green becuase nothing has happened yet…LOL!
    5. Stare at screen of phone every 10 minutes after promising myself I will wait until the end of the contest to see….
    6. Repeat step six for approximately 6 hours….
    7. Either make some coins and say to myself “I cant wait until there is a world qualifier” or lose and swear I am never doing this again….(until next saturday)…..

• thetitanlb

I agree on Nate the great. Belfort chin is legit gone. Last fight he got rocked by a jab…..Not to mention he looks crazy slow. He still has heart but he gets rocked by jabs so thats not a good thing lol

• RandomName

I like two fights a lot and I am most likely going to have one side or the other in every lineup.

The first fight that is a target for me is the Bamgbose vs. Borrachinha. I like this fight from both sides more so from the Borrachinha side. Bamgbose does have KO power and when he throws, it is usually in combos looking for a finish. He also has a reasonable 7k price tag which gives him a lot of upside because if he wins it is most likely going to be in the first round because he puts power on everything he throws. He lost his last fight but it was very close to being stopped in the first round because of his power. The reason for me being more on the Borrachinha side is that Bamgbose has some big holes in his game. One of the more obvious holes in Bamgboses’ game is that when he blitzes he is throwing from wild awkward angles and him very susceptible to the takedown. When he is on the ground it seems like he just accepts it and gets comfortable laying there and taking damage, he does not try to scoot to the fence and he does not look to sweep opting to throw punches from the bottom. He tries to close his guard and hold for a standup which he is not very good at because he soon as he takes any punch his guard is wide open and his legs are just flailing around doing nothing. Also he likes to keep his hands pretty low which is scary against a guy like Borrachinha who also has KO power. Another thing he seems to do a lot is overextend on his blitzes in and out with his chin up and hands low. One thing that is probably irrelevant is Borrachinha being on the front page of Reddit and being in the UFC embedded vlog makes me think his ownership will be HIGH! Both of these were surprising and makes me think he is more popular/hyped than I thought. I know these are not accurate ways to predict ownership but I do think it will definitely add to it. I will be playing both sides (much more Borrachinha) because I think it is very likely that the winner will have 100+ points and is on a winning GPP lineup.

The second fight that interests me is the Vitor vs Marquardt fight. Their records tell the whole story in my opinion. Two aging ageing veterans who knock people out or get knocked out. In Marquardts last 5 there are 2 TKO/KO wins and 2 TKO/KO losses. Vitors’ record is similar in his last 5 he has had 1 KO/TKO win and 4 TKO/KO losses. The loser of this fight will have under 10 points in the most likely scenario, the winner having 90+. Neither of these guys are in great form and it could go either way but I am leaning towards Marquardt. Vitor has been looking older every fight. He has not done anything in his past 3 to make me think he is going to perform well. Pairing this with the fact that this is the last fight in his contract and he has shown interest in fighting for other promotions (we all can assume why) and it makes me like Marquardt even more. I am curious to see what other people say about this fight because I want to target it a lot but it could easily go either way. I am running a lot of Marquardt and a little bit of Vitor.

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

When is the MMA Premium content usually out?

• old_T

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I like Moyle to win and score similarly to her first UFC fight. Pereira has more to offer than she showed in her debut, but I feel like the line being in her favor is just because both these fighters only have one UFC fight and so, by default, the line is leaning towards the Brazilian fighting in Brazil. It is very likely to go to decision though, so I’d like to hear thoughts on if there is usually a lot of home-cooking from the judges in Brazil???

It should be a pretty good and active fight to watch though with both of them not having to deal with a height/reach disadvantage as they do most times.

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

Is this one of the slates where we should have both Aldo and Holloway in cash games or is that not really the way to go here?

• Baad7114

You could use both Aldo and Holloway in cash games since a 5 rd striking affair could certainly happen giving both fighters a high floor. Although I prefer to use this strategy when their is a big difference in salaries like DJ vs Elliott or JJ vs Andrade.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

Here is the podcast this week, got cut a bit short, apologies. We spoke with DraftKings’ Christie Sullivan who works with the MMA Product, talked live finals, bellator, late swap etc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=184&v=PpLVUkRJr4w

• mwgdfs

looking forward to UFC212…..last weeks card was woat but i still cashed in double ups, undefeated this year lmao

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@dictator_teddy said...

When is the MMA Premium content usually out?

Thursday night/Friday – I just posted the main card breakdowns, undercard will be up tonight and projections and rankings up tomorrow.

• dictator_teddy

RG Overall Ranking

Hi Brett, the link to youtube said the video was removed by user and the video on GrindersLive is not working either.

• bbbomb

• Blogger of the Month

@bbbomb said...

Here is the podcast this week, got cut a bit short, apologies. We spoke with DraftKings’ Christie Sullivan who works with the MMA Product, talked live finals, bellator, late swap etc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=184&v=PpLVUkRJr4w

Here’s the new link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Exkbjr9Fnc

• eric42

@Baad7114 said...

You could use both Aldo and Holloway in cash games since a 5 rd striking affair could certainly happen giving both fighters a high floor. Although I prefer to use this strategy when their is a big difference in salaries like DJ vs Elliott or JJ vs Andrade.

I’m avoiding the 5-round, possible goes-to-the-distance, stack here. Holloway will probably be playing the elusive game, which could lead to very few significant strikes landed. In fact, I’m avoiding Aldo almost completely in fear that he is chasing Holloway and not getting any points. It’s not that I think Aldo won’t win (I’m leaning Holloway slightly, just in terms of winning/losing), I just don’t like his fantasy outlook.

Right now, thinking 30% exposure to Holloway and 10% exposure to Aldo. It’ll sure suck having nobody left in the last fight, though.

• LeRoiStephon

• Blogger of the Month

Yes… I’m positive..That’s the fight I have the best handle on!!

• CSMWSU17

Am I crazy for thinking Kowalk at 7200 is good value? I have her in quite a few lineups so I could fit Borrach and a few others in

• eric42

Gadelha is one of my favorite safe plays tonight because of how the semi-new scoring favors fighters like her. She has the potential to have several takedowns and advances. However, if the fight goes KK’s way, she could really rack up the strikes. 70-90 SSs and decision win would be very nice for 7,200 price tag. I just don’t envision that happening… maybe 1/5 chance. Don’t do drugs.

• zelda3024

Why is Assuncao a +200 dog??? am I missing something? I mean yep Moraes is a very good prospect but to take on the 3rd ranked UFC Bantamweight sounds nuts. In his homeland.

• ItsMeBT

Wonder how long it takes DK to correct the scoring for first match. Has Beltran the winner

• cleanslate

@ItsMeBT said...

Wonder how long it takes DK to correct the scoring for first match. Has Beltran the winner

Apparently their stat provider is drunk…

• cleanslate

I don’t understand why people stack 3 round fights. It’s like they just want to see their team in first place at the beginning of the night and are willing to throw away entry money for that 15 minute thrill, lol.

• baller201992

I was wondering if I was looking at the same thing. Pretty sure Beltran lost lol

• CSMWSU17

Not watching the fights until Alcantara starts. Disappointing, had some Beltran and thought it was a winner when I checked DK. Didn’t necessarily like Beltran but his salary fit in with my other fighters. Lots of other lineups though and was pretty heavy on Chagas atleast (Unless the UFC site got this one wrong this time lol)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).