STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday 7.6.19 – T-Mobile Arena – Las Vegas, NV

PPV Main Card – 9pm CST

Jon Jones © (205) vs. Thiago Santos (204.5) – LHW Title Fight
    Amanda Nunes © (135) vs. Holly Holm (133.5) – Women’s BW Title Fight
    Ben Askren (171) vs. Jorge Masvidal (170.5)
    Jan Blachowicz (205.5) vs. Luke Rockhold (204.5)
    Michael Chiesa (170.5) vs. Diego Sanchez (169)

ESPN Prelims – 7pm CST

Arnold Allen (145.5) vs. Gilbert Melendez (145.5)
    Nohelin Hernandez (136) vs. Marlon Vera (136)
    Claudia Gadelha (115) vs. Randa Markos (116)
    Alejandro Perez (135.5) vs. Song Yadong (135.5)

Fight Pass/ESPN+ Early Prelims – 5:15pm CST

Jack Marshman (185) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185)
    Ismail Naurdiev (171) vs. Chance Rencountre (170.5)
    Julia Avila (135) vs. Pannie Kianzad (135)

• yisman

@firemedicpat said...

Only a greasy Miami born guy would celebrate like this. Pathetic scum fuck.

just really classless

hitting him multiple times when he was clearly out cold

then pounding the ground next to his head when the ref came over to cover up

I mean…

• thevogaman

That’s Masvidal. I think if they give him Usman he gets smothered for 5 rounds though.

• Kassdog

Someone on Twitter was saying that was the plan. Start with the flying knee.

• iron_tactics

@thevogaman said...

That’s Masvidal. I think if they give him Usman he gets smothered for 5 rounds though.

I would 100% Usman

• someclevername

I’m not saying it’s right, but some people seem to be surprised by* what kind of guy Masvidal is lol.

• Equanimeous

I think Rousey has a knockout like that, its a terrible move if you believe your the better fighter. Askren was all talk, but had Masvidal not made contact in that perfect spot he opens himself up to a quick submission.

• thevogaman

@iron_tactics said...

I would 100% Usman

• GoldenWolf87

Doing not bad to tonight dang it i should have added chance as the underdog.

• Kassdog

Alright Holmes let’s open up with a flying knee. Need to match those masvidal points

• scott33

@someclevername said...

I’m not saying it’s right, but some people seem to be surprised by* what kind of guy Masvidal is lol.

In my 20 yrs of watching MMA, that is the most gangster finish Ive seen. Why are people butthurt with Jorge’s celebration & follow up shots? This was personal. This isn’t fucking tennis for christ’s sake.

• thevogaman

And what happens if Santos wins? MMA dfs is so crazy!

• Jordaneck

I played Luke Rockhold again damn I’m so bad at ufc lol. With song, Masvidal, Chiesa, Jones

• iron_tactics

@scott33 said...

In my 20 yrs of watching MMA, that is the most gangster finish Ive seen. Why are people butthurt with Jorge’s celebration & follow up shots? This was personal. This isn’t fucking tennis for christ’s sake.

If you wanna dip gasoline and fight a bear after drinking a 6 pack before a 12 mile run with no emotion that’s cool, but if you can’t see why participants and fans of MMA don’t like when people act like a dick when you don’t know if someone is okay or not, you’re asking the wrong questions.

• Kassdog

Good night folks. Early if you ask me.

• iron_tactics

@Kassdog said...

Good night folks. Early if you ask me.

Still got Santos and Jones mah dude

• yisman

@scott33 said...

No one is “butthurt”. I don’t know where the butts come in to it.

just calling Masvidal out, and deservedly so

first round knockout by Nunes, brutal night.

• scott33

@iron_tactics said...

If you wanna dip gasoline and fight a bear after drinking a 6 pack before a 12 mile run with no emotion that’s cool, but if you can’t see why participants and fans of MMA don’t like when people act like a dick when you don’t know if someone is okay or not, you’re asking the wrong questions.

What drew me to the sport in the 1st place was the respect shown by fighters after the fact. But when shit gets personal, all bets are off. Ben talked a ton of shit, go look at all his interviews. He had this coming to him. Surprised Jorge didn’t rub it in more TBH

• thevogaman

She was always a good play, but that was an early stop

• iron_tactics

@scott33 said...

What drew me to the sport in the 1st place was the respect shown by fighters after the fact. But when shit gets personal, all bets are off. Ben talked a ton of shit, go look at all his interviews. He had this coming to him. Surprised Jorge didn’t rub it in more TBH

I’ve had plenty go personal and I still waited until I at least knew they were okay, not trying to wish disabling or death on anyone know matter how much they pissed me off, and i’ve had plenty try

• scott33

@yisman said...

No one is “butthurt”. I don’t know where the butts come in to it.

just calling Masvidal out, and deservedly so

Calling him out for what Yis? If Ben had been respectful pre-fight I would understand being upset with Jorge. But that was not the case.

• iron_tactics

In addition this sport is entertainment as well, alot of the shit talking is just shit talking for the sake of creating hype.

• yisman

@iron_tactics said...

In addition this sport is entertainment as well, alot of the shit talking is just shit talking for the sake of creating hype.

exactly

I don’t know what the hell scott is talking about.

Did Askren talk trash? Sure, he talked plenty of trash. Welcome to fighting. That’s what they do.

That doesn’t excuse this kind of behavior.

“wahh, that dude said mean things pre-fight about me”

if that was the case, every fighter should be acting like a tool after a win.

• gje627

Sad to see the early stop, as Holly Holm and Amanda Nunes might be ARE the two classiest acts in UFC history.

Kudos to Nunes but really sad for Holly Holm.(:

• iron_tactics

@yisman said...

exactly

I don’t know what the hell scott is talking about.

Did Askren talk trash? Sure, he talked plenty of trash. Welcome to fighting. That’s what they do.

That doesn’t excuse this kind of behavior.

“wahh, that dude said mean things pre-fight about me”

if that was the case, every fighter should be acting like a tool after a win.

Well some do after a win which again is just entertainment, but dude went stiff as fuck and then he got in some extra power shots. Not even awake yet ya know

• yisman

@iron_tactics said...

Well some do after a win which again is just entertainment, but dude went stiff as fuck and then he got in some extra power shots. Not even awake yet ya know

that’s my main objection

extremely low to hit a dude who is clearly unconscious with huge shots

Maybe you don’t like him, but that’s no excuse for trying to kill him or cause permanent brain damage.

No respect for the sport. Usually, guys have enough sense to realize they’re in this together.

And then after he does that, he doesn’t even think he did anything wrong with the comments post-match.

Someone who wasn’t a complete scumbag would say “you know, I don’t like Ben, but I hope he’s ok. I didn’t mean to do that.”

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler