STRATEGY FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday 7.6.19 – T-Mobile Arena – Las Vegas, NV

PPV Main Card – 9pm CST

Jon Jones © (205) vs. Thiago Santos (204.5) – LHW Title Fight
    Amanda Nunes © (135) vs. Holly Holm (133.5) – Women’s BW Title Fight
    Ben Askren (171) vs. Jorge Masvidal (170.5)
    Jan Blachowicz (205.5) vs. Luke Rockhold (204.5)
    Michael Chiesa (170.5) vs. Diego Sanchez (169)

ESPN Prelims – 7pm CST

Arnold Allen (145.5) vs. Gilbert Melendez (145.5)
    Nohelin Hernandez (136) vs. Marlon Vera (136)
    Claudia Gadelha (115) vs. Randa Markos (116)
    Alejandro Perez (135.5) vs. Song Yadong (135.5)

Fight Pass/ESPN+ Early Prelims – 5:15pm CST

Jack Marshman (185) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185)
    Ismail Naurdiev (171) vs. Chance Rencountre (170.5)
    Julia Avila (135) vs. Pannie Kianzad (135)

• thevogaman

@hautalak said...

Damn making lineups now and it’s really difficult! Good luck getting 6 right tonight!!!

Yeah without the 4 (7.9k-8.3k) fighters in the middle and with so little odds value, there’s a real chance the optimal does have one loss.

Usually when I think along these lines….upsets galore.

• hautalak

@thevogaman said...

Usually when I think along these lines….upsets galore.

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of. I’m only running 5 lineups and am afraid I don’t have close to enough scenarios covered. I guess we’ll see. Good luck today!

• thevogaman

Yeah, I’m only doing 3 for the 23.90 so I’ll probably have one Jones, one Thiago, and one fade.

Awesomo ownership projection has Blachowicz at sub 10% and Rockhold at 35%. Think that’s not going to be the case.

• callmetouch

@thevogaman said...

Yeah, I’m only doing 3 for the 23.90 so I’ll probably have one Jones, one Thiago, and one fade.

Awesomo ownership projection has Blachowicz at sub 10% and Rockhold at 35%. Think that’s not going to be the case.

10% on Jan? I’d jump on that if that was the case. I see Rockhold at 45%+ and Jan at 20%?

• thevogaman

@callmetouch said...

10% on Jan? I’d jump on that if that was the case. I see Rockhold at 45%+ and Jan at 20%?

Yeah, he’s got Marshman with higher ownership than Jan. I see that fight being the most targeted on the card when accounting for price and finish prop.

I’m of the Rockhold tends to win or lose by finish mentality, so I want a lot of exposure.

Can anyone talk me out of fading Marshman and Allen?

• callmetouch

@thevogaman said...

Yeah, he’s got Marshman with higher ownership than Jan. I see that fight being the most targeted on the card when accounting for price and finish prop.

I’m of the Rockhold tends to win or lose by finish mentality, so I want a lot of exposure.

Can anyone talk me out of fading Marshman and Allen?

Marshman is tough so it’s not the worst play. Though i see Edmen using his wrestling. Allen’s too pricey imo. He won’t finish Melendez

• callmetouch

Nohelin Hernandez. That’s a dart.

• Kassdog

Has rockhold done any interviews. Do we know his mindset or is he just lobbing tonight.

• callmetouch

@Kassdog said...

Has rockhold done any interviews. Do we know his mindset or is he just lobbing tonight.

He’s done many. Same old arrogant Rockhold, looking past Jan. Tough decision to make

• thevogaman

@callmetouch said...

Same old arrogant Rockhold, looking past Jan.

So much this!

I will say that Rockhold looks absolutely yoked at 205.

• callmetouch

@thevogaman said...

So much this!

I will say that Rockhold looks absolutely yoked at 205.

Yup. Just because he’s being himself doesn’t mean Jan beats him. It’s toooooough. You have to find some dogs and Jan is live until he’s not,

• joephoto

@callmetouch said...

Nohelin Hernandez. That’s a dart.

I’m using him in a couple lineups.
    Gotta try some lower priced guys.

• someclevername

Forgot to make a dummy lineup for the $23.90 contest :/ Bummer.

I have Jan right now but eh idk.

• Kevin

@thevogaman said...

I think Gilbert Melendez is getting disrespected here. What’s Arnold Allen’s advantage other than youth (maybe cardio)? I’m all in (well, I’ll be way over the field) on the Giblert.

Conversely, I think Diego Sanchez is going to be relatively highly owned and Chiesa is going to knock him out with the first punch he lands.

You may think it’s disrespectful, but Melendez is 1-5 in his last 6. Even if he wins, he’s not scoring you a lot of points, and that fight is destined to go three rounds. Chiesa is not as much a puncher, as a great submission fighter. I could see him hurt Sanchez, but more probably he’d finish it with a sub. I like Chiesa a lot.

• callmetouch

@Kevin said...

You may think it’s disrespectful, but Melendez is 1-5 in his last 6. Even if he wins, he’s not scoring you a lot of points, and that fight is destined to go three rounds. Chiesa is not as much a puncher, as a great submission fighter. I could see him hurt Sanchez, but more probably he’d finish it with a sub. I like Chiesa a lot.

Sanchez has never been submitted though ;)

• callmetouch

@callmetouch said...

Sanchez has never been submitted though ;)

Aside from that you are right. I can’t see Diego bullying and taking down Chiesa. Rough fight for Diego but he’s so cheap and if he pulls something out of his hat we will all regret it :(

• deadphish

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #74

RG Tiered Ranking

how many rounds is Jones vs. Santos? how long is each round?

• callmetouch

@deadphish said...

how many rounds is Jones vs. Santos? how long is each round?

5 rounds (main event) 5 minutes per round. You must be very new :D

• Kevin

The fight that I think will be hardest to call is the Song vs Perez fight. I do think that Song is more of a volume puncher, but Perez just looks bigger than Song, and he is pretty good on his counters. I like Perez as a live dog, but I’m torn over picking him or Masvidal to score more points as the “livest” dog. May do like 5 lineups, but no more.

• pocket7ns

I’m going with Holm over Nunes, and Masvidal over Askren. It sounds far fetched, but on a card like this, with a single bullet entry I’m willing to take the risk on some longshots. I think stylistically Holm is not an easy matchup by any means for Nunes.Holm very well could use her movement, and footwork to turn this into a point fighting match and catch a decision win.

Askren winning in dominant albeit somewhat boring fashion with wrestling and ground control seems like the obvious result over Masvidal; but to be honest Askren looked rather pedestrian to start out that Lawler fight. I think Askren could be a bit more vulnerable than his resume suggests at this point in his career; and against a scrappy, and veteran fighter like Masvidal, who has underrated anti-wrestling ability, I think this one could be closer than people think.

• Equanimeous

All the late money seems to be moving towards Santos, however, the late money also has been pushing Nunes line way up. I might be missing something vital here, but doesn’t Nunes have a far greater likelihood of being upset? I’m speaking in terms of wagers.

As for DFS, having Masvidal seems to be a sneaky play here, Askren has been getting all the press and is somehow the betting favorite despite being nearly KOd by Lawler within a minute during his last fight. Masvidals last 5 losses all were by split decision, some of them arguably bad calls.

• Kevin

@pocket7ns said...

I’m going with Holm over Nunes, and Masvidal over Askren. It sounds far fetched, but on a card like this, with a single bullet entry I’m willing to take the risk on some longshots. I think stylistically Holm is not an easy matchup by any means for Nunes.Holm very well could use her movement, and footwork to turn this into a point fighting match and catch a decision win.

Askren winning in dominant albeit somewhat boring fashion with wrestling and ground control seems like the obvious result over Masvidal; but to be honest Askren looked rather pedestrian to start out that Lawler fight. I think Askren could be a bit more vulnerable than his resume suggests at this point in his career; and against a scrappy, and veteran fighter like Masvidal, who has underrated anti-wrestling ability, I think this one could be closer than people think.

I really like Nunez in that fight, mainly because Holly doesn’t seem to do well against the “bigger” ladies. Her only chance may be a lucky kick, but if she starts getting into a grappling type match, she’s done. I like what you said about Masvidal, and agree with you. I think Askren will get tagged with something from the wily veteran.

• jki7p6

Really like Avila today

• callmetouch

@jki7p6 said...

Really like Avila today

Likewise. I have a terrible record with picking the correct fighter from the 1st fight on the card though.

• smonger19

@gje627 said...

salary totals per fight always equal 16200, and DK will never roster fighters with the same salaries, and the increments are always 100 when no fights are cancelled.

Any ideas why this is? There must be some logic behind it, but I can’t figure out what that is. It’s probably something obvious that I’m missing.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler