MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday 7.27.19 – Rogers Place – Edmonton, Alberta, CA

PPV Main Card – 9pm CST

Max Holloway © (145) vs Frankie Edgar (145) – FW Title Fight
    Cris Cyborg (146) vs Felicia Spencer (145)
    Geoff Neal (170.5) vs Niko Price (169)
    Olivier Aubin-Mercier (155.5) vs Arman Tsarukyan (155)
    Krzysztof Jotko (185.5) vs Marc-André Barriault (184.5)

ESPN Prelims – 7pm CST

Alexis Davis (125) vs Viviane Araújo (125)
    Hakeem Dawodu (146) vs Yoshinori Horie (145.5)
    Gavin Tucker (145) vs Seungwoo Choi (145)
    Alexandre Pantoja (125.5) vs Deiveson Figueiredo (126)

Fight Pass/ESPN+ Early Prelims – 6pm CST

Gillian Robertson (125) vs Sarah Frota (125)
    Erik Koch (170.5) vs Kyle Stewart (170.5)

Boser vs Lemos fight has been cancelled

• NewMike

This is kind of a dumpster fire of a card. It’s going to be hard to fade Edgar, he’ll could get better points in a loss than some of these people will in a win.

• CUTiger81

This has to be one of the worst PPV cards I’ve ever seen. Imagine if Holloway or Cyborg don’t make weight.

• thevogaman

@CUTiger81 said...

This has to be one of the worst PPV cards I’ve ever seen.

It’s bizarre how weak it is… especially when UFC on ESPN 5 next week is so strong. I wouldn’t be shocked if every Canadian on this card lost, also. Still have a lot more tape to review and debating whether I even want to play this card.

• NewMike

There’s a $7000 freeroll for this one as well. It’s only $150 for 1st but, the Price is right

• thevogaman

@NewMike said...

There’s a $7000 freeroll for this one as well. It’s only $150 for 1st but, the Price is right

Hey good catch… would have probably missed that.

• thevogaman

I couldn’t help myself yesterday and did my tape study. Some thoughts:

Dawodu/Horie: I think a lot of people will fade Dawodu because of how poorly he’s scored compared to $9300, but I think both guys are live to an early finish here. I think Horie is going to force a fire fight and is either going to get himself knocked out or catch Dawodu with the right hand.

Neal/Price: No brainer; you want high exposure to this fight.

Araujo/Davis: Vivi should piece Davis up here if she can keep it standing, but I worry Davis will have enough of a size advantage to bully her and hold her down at times, and maybe steal a decision. At $7100, if she’s able to grapple enough; she could get you 10x in a close decision. I assumed Araujo would be going back down to 115, and I do think she’s legit AF, but think you want to have some shares of Davis just in case the size disadvantage comes into play.

• Sinthetix

RG Overall Ranking

@NewMike said...

This was part of a 5 game promotion with a grand prize of 2 VIP ringside seats with the octagon girls at UFC 243, flight, hotel and a year of free frozen pizzas.
    NHL Finals: Monday, 6/3
    NBA Finals: Friday, 6/7
    PGA Major: Thursday 6/13 – Sunday 6/16
    MLB All Star Game: Tuesday 7/9
    MMA: Saturday, 7/27
    When the promotion started they hadn’t set a location for UFC 243 but I recently found out that it will be in Australia. I’m 10 points away from taking this down but just recently read the fine print. U.S. residents only!!!
    Oh well, at 300 lbs I could probably do without a year of free pizza.

• someclevername

@Sinthetix said...

When the promotion started they hadn’t set a location for UFC 243 but I recently found out that it will be in Australia. I’m 10 points away from taking this down but just recently read the fine print. U.S. residents only!!!

Oh damn, for real? That is a pisser! Sorry man. You prob can’t exchange it either? No offense, but I hope you don’t win now. Better that way lol.

• someclevername

I have a tumultuous history picking Niko Price fights…think I’m going w/Neal here but it’s scary. Dirty Bird was lighting him up – right until he got ktfo lol.

• jki7p6

@thevogaman said...

Araujo/Davis: Vivi should piece Davis up here if she can keep it standing, but I worry Davis will have enough of a size advantage to bully her and hold her down at times, and maybe steal a decision. At $7100, if she’s able to grapple enough; she could get you 10x in a close decision. I assumed Araujo would be going back down to 115, and I do think she’s legit AF, but think you want to have some shares of Davis just in case the size disadvantage comes into play

Like this read. Think Davis is being disrespected on price/odds, even if im worried about the speed difference.

Pantoja/Figgy scrap should be on main, love it.
    I hate picking OAM fights but think im going with him here, there is grappling advantage usage to be had. Will bet it, just wont watch it.

• jki7p6

@someclevername said...

I have a tumultuous history picking Niko Price fights…think I’m going w/Neal here but it’s scary

Same, and same hah

• someclevername

@jki7p6 said...

Pantoja/Figgy scrap should be on main, love it.

Agreed – going w/Figgy. Seems like a lot of folks are down on him but Formiga is legit. Pantoja ko’d Reis…nice but Reis has been done…idk Pantoja prob dusts him lol. Still I like The God of War (always been a sucker for nicknames).

• thevogaman

@jki7p6 said...

I hate picking OAM fights but think im going with him here, there is grappling advantage usage to be had.

I kind of think Tsarukyan will be the better wrestler, but it’s never a good idea to bet how good someone did in a loss. The line seems off. It reminds me of the Austrian Wonderboy from a few cards back against Rencountre, (he nullified this guy, so he won’t get outgrappled by this guy).

I wouldn’t be shocked if OAM found ways to control for extended periods of time on the mat or even won a decision via hometown(country) cooking. $7400, he wants to grapple, and he might get cut if he loses: I want a few shares.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

I have a tumultuous history picking Niko Price fights…think I’m going w/Neal here but it’s scary.

I think for sure, somebody’s getting knocked out. You should do two builds, one with each. Maybe one Niko/Dawodu and one Neal/Horie?

Props to being able to stick to that single bullet, but yeah… I think Neal wins 4 out of 5 times and is the right call if you’re doing just one lineup (even if he does get meme-KOd out of nowhere).

I wonder who is higher owned… Neal or Holloway?

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

You should do two builds, one with each. Maybe one Niko/Dawodu and one Neal/Horie?

That would be the smart move but I just can’t do it. It’s a sickness lol

Whoever wins should be a fun fight while it lasts!

• someclevername

@thevogaman said...

I think Max but I’m usually wrong on ownership %

• thevogaman

Thought of a good narrative stack.

An all nice Canadian girls stack with Robertson/Davis/Spencer… and then fit anyone else you want. Free money!

• NewMike

@thevogaman said...

I would think Holloway, since he can still score really high if it goes to a decision. He landed 290 SS last time he was in Canada and he just scored 91 points in a loss. I don’t think I want much of Edgar at this point, unless I play some cash games.

• thevogaman

Boser/Lemos out for Lemos PEDs.

I’m glad, but was hoping to lose some of the field cause I was all out for that shit.

• gje627

Someone needs to remind Holloway that the whole purpose of using the towel to weigh-in is to stand BEHIND the towel before dropping your drawers …. Some of us watching a certain live-stream got quite the show.

EDIT: Other than that, weigh-in has been uneventful and extremely fast with 21 of 22 fighters making weight within the first 25 minutes and only Dawodu remaining.

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

Someone needs to remind Holloway that the whole purpose of using the towel to weigh-in is to stand BEHIND the towel before dropping your drawers …. Some of us watching a certain live-stream got quite the show.

I have had it open but missed that part – it’s the little victories in life lol. He looked better cutting the weight this time. thankfully. No weigh in drama! Now watch Dawodu come in on a unicycle and miss by 7 pounds.

• gje627

@someclevername said...

I have had it open but missed that part – it’s the little victories in life lol. He looked better cutting the weight this time. thankfully. No weigh in drama! Now watch Dawodu come in on a unicycle and miss by 7 pounds.

If you’re watching on MMA Junkie you would have missed it. They have a different angle. I was watching it there and on another platform that includes commentary; of which I didn’t want to mention so as not to encourage people to rewind and watch. To the site’s credit though, during the commentary, in the background the camera operator yelled “F**K !!** and they cut-out, deleted the whole first part of weigh-in and started again a few fighters after Max.

• someclevername

@gje627 said...

To the site’s credit though, during the commentary, in the background the camera operator yelled “F**K !!** and they cut-out

lol never know where the day will take you when you leave for work

• gje627

At the 11th hour Dawodu finally makes weight (146).

• callmetouch

After doing some research Neal is a tank and Frota is one intimidating looking person

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.