MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, March 7, 2020 – T-Mobile Arena – Las Vegas, Nevada

PPV Main Card – 9pm CT

Israel Adesanya (c) (184.5) vs Yoel Romero (185) – Middleweight Title Fight
    Weili Zhang (c) (115) vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk (115) – Strawweight Title Fight
    Beneil Dariush (156) vs Drakkar Klose (156)
    Neil Magny (171) vs Jingliang Li (171)
    Alex Oliveira (171) vs Max Griffin (170.5)

ESPN Prelims – 7pm CT

Sean O’Malley (135.5) vs Jose Quinonez (135.5)
    Mark Madsen (156) vs Austin Hubbard (154.5)
    Rodolfo Vieira (186) vs Saparbeg Safarov (186)
    Gerald Meerschaert (185) vs Deron Winn (185.5)

Fight Pass/ESPN+ Early Prelims – 6pm CT

Jamall Emmers (145.5) vs Giga Chikadze (146)
    Danaa Batgerel (136) vs Guido Cannetti (135.5)

Whitmire/Viana fight has been cancelled

• thevogaman

I was sick all weekend and ended up just sleeping though the card. I woke up and found out I came in 19th in the $15 for a whopping $149 (there were like 40 people with my same lineup). That BS stoppage hurt the Ankalaev lineups a lot, too. Oh well… onto the next one.

I’m going all-in on Rodolfo and Madsen, which has me playing Yoel at 7k. I don’t think we’ll have all these finishes and a 100+ scorer in every fight like we’ve seen the past couple of events. So while, I don’t think he wins… I think he’ll have his moments and score over 40, and I don’t think it’s crazy to think he’s live to win against anybody. GM3 is the only other dog I like at all.

• someclevername

That sucks, man – hope you’re feeling better.

Romero at 7k was the first name I clicked – I can’t pass up that price on him for better or worse. I’m torn on the co-main, but leaning JJ. I was sleeping on Zhang bigtime in the Andrade fight, but JJ isn’t going to run straight at her w/her chin up in the air like Andrade did. JJ has proven what kind of volume she can sustain for 5 rounds, Zhang hasn’t yet. IF I do go JJ, gonna have to sweat the early finish since Zhang is most certainly dangerous and throws a lot harder. I’ll be flip flopping on this all week.

• thevogaman

@someclevername said...

IF I do go JJ, gonna have to sweat the early finish since Zhang is most certainly dangerous and throws a lot harder. I’ll be flip flopping on this all week.

Yeah, I just cant trust Joanna’s durability. She should be able to dictate the pace and run circles around Zhang, in theory. But one girl has power and durability… and Joanna has neither. Unless the coronavirus fiasco fucks up Weili’s cycle, I think she murks Joanna inside of 2 rds.

• GoldenWolf87

@thevogaman said...

Yeah, I just cant trust Joanna’s durability. She should be able to dictate the pace and run circles around Zhang, in theory. But one girl has power and durability… and Joanna has neither. Unless the coronavirus fiasco fucks up Weili’s cycle, I think she murks Joanna inside of 2 rds.

Not to mention Zhang looks like shes ready to knock out Joanna for insulting her eariler in the week. Shes pumped dang. Although i think we still have a few good underdogs this weekend maybe just a few? from the Preliminary Card?

• CityBoy410

If Zhang can put on a great performance after all the obstacles she had to face during her camp, then she is the real deal.

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

That sucks, man – hope you’re feeling better.

Romero at 7k was the first name I clicked – I can’t pass up that price on him for better or worse. I’m torn on the co-main, but leaning JJ. I was sleeping on Zhang bigtime in the Andrade fight, but JJ isn’t going to run straight at her w/her chin up in the air like Andrade did. JJ has proven what kind of volume she can sustain for 5 rounds, Zhang hasn’t yet. IF I do go JJ, gonna have to sweat the early finish since Zhang is most certainly dangerous and throws a lot harder. I’ll be flip flopping on this all week.

In a SE id go Weili. In MME, I’m going to have exposure to both. Right now working with 12 entries from last weeks winnings. Not sure who my core is going to be yet. Last week was Brendan Allen, Kyler Phillips, Griffin and Tybura. Theres a couple underdogs I want to watch more tape on. I’m thinking Romero will be very popular, especially with his high scores in losses so hes going to be a safe pick. Playing with the idea of a full fade.

• someclevername

Think I’m gonna take Benny. Always worry he’ll get cracked, but Klose really not a power puncher (jinx) and hasn’t finished anyone since 2015 (jinx). I was looking at ufcstats and Klose has been taken down in all but 1 of his UFC fights (also how did he win that Green fight?). I know he’s never been finished, but he’s given up his back a few times – might not get away w/that here.

Emmers – he’s going to go for takedowns, right? I cringe at the thought of taking anyone who was knocked out by Julian Erosa, but the scuttlebutt is he has wrestling and a good ground game. Seems the problem here is he doesn’t use this skillset enough. What is up w/these dudes not wanting to take the path of least resistance? I would much rather exploit my opponents’ weak tdd than get kicked upside the head, but maybe I’m just crazy. Surely he won’t stand for extended periods of time with Giga…never know what these guys are going to do – the suspense!

Sugar Sean going to come in the lowest owned of the 9k options? Maybe I should just not get too cute here and take Madsen.

Thought about taking Cowboy Oliveira, but then I remembered he’s Cowboy Oliveira and liable to gas out if he can’t get the finish or do something stupid to cost himself the fight or both at the same time.

I still have JJ…for now.

Entirely too much time left to tinker. I’m capable of all sorts of nonsense around 10 minutes til lock.

• iron_tactics

I have a lot typed up on every fight so far but here’s my notes on Emmers v Giga.
    Giga is 0-2 against fighters with a .500+ win record. His “wins” are over guys that are,
    0-0, 0-0, 0-1, 0-13, 1-20, 2-31.
    Oh and the 0-1 and 0-0 guys never went on to a win anywhere, their finishing records were like 0-1, 0-2, and 0-4.
    Not for nothing against Brandon Davis, but he’s 2-5 in the UFC. Giga went to split decision against him but I think it was a matter of what the judges weighed in for takedowns.

Emmers yes, he got KO’d vs Erosa, it’s MMA but Erosa isn’t a can. Erosa has legitimate wins against 9-2s, 9-3s. He got no favors coming into the UFC having to fight Grant Dawson who he went DEC with, Julio Arce and Devonte Smith. Smith if you remember went on that tear with Rd 1 finishes up until a +450 Khama Worthy Knocked him out in the first. This isn’t MMA math as much as it is an evaluation of these guys and the level that they’re probably at. I’m not saying Emmers is a top 15 fighter, but what I am saying is Emmers is going to be by far the hardest fight Giga’s ever had.

• someclevername

You’re right – Erosa had a tough road in his UFC fights, perhaps I was unfair. He just bothers me immensely with how he fights with his hands down which, ironically, got him head kick KOd against Arce lol.

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

Khama Worthy

*SUPREME FIGHTING MACHINE

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

You’re right – Erosa had a tough road in his UFC fights, perhaps I was unfair. He just bothers me immensely with how he fights with his hands down which, ironically, got him head kick KOd against Arce lol.

Lol yes. Looking into it now but supposedly Whitmire went to the ER

• iron_tactics

11 fight card, means you gotta get a little crazy to solo 1st.

• iron_tactics

Or we all win 72 dollars in a 4992 split tie for 1st or somethin.

• someclevername

Oh damn – Whitmire out?

*Nevermind, I am seeing it now. She did look pretty bad yesterday :/

• Jordaneck

I thought chalk would be adesanya Zhang

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

11 fight card, means you gotta get a little crazy to solo 1st.

Guess I’m going in on Safarov now!

• NewMike

I think I will have more Winn than most, he is good at takedowns and Meerschaert is terrible at defending them. But, Meerschaert is good on the ground, so I’ll be pretty heavy on this one overall.

• iron_tactics

@NewMike said...

I think I will have more Winn than most, he is good at takedowns and Meerschaert is terrible at defending them. But, Meerschaert is good on the ground, so I’ll be pretty heavy on this one overall.

GM3 doesn’t defend takedowns, he WANTS to go to the ground. Winn is between a rock and hard place, huge reach disadvantage on the feet and I don’t think he wants to go to the ground either. Not sure what his strategy is going to be. I believe the likely result is GM3 scores about 75 fantasy points in a S-DEC win. Understandably, Winn could evolve and take it to the ground and GNP for a win, and GM3 could knee Winn in the face during a takedown attempt, all kinds of MMA fun results.
    Yes Eric Spicely is an inch taller than GM3, but Spicely’s reach advantage on Winn was 3 inches. GM3s is 7.5in.

• GoldenWolf87

@NewMike said...

GM has more of a vet experience then Win.

• iron_tactics

30 additional minutes to tinker…

• someclevername

@iron_tactics said...

30 additional minutes to tinker…

Oh good, they fixed it. Also oh no, they fixed it.

• someclevername

Have not tinkered my lineup in over 24 hours – amazing.

Benny, Emmers & the Sugar show (coming off a huge layoff, yay). I’m gonna stick w/JJ, but won’t surprise me a bit if Zhang dusts her. SOLDIER OF GOD – now or never big guy.

GL everyone

• someclevername

O’Malley slightly higher owned than Madsen lol great.

• iron_tactics

@someclevername said...

Have not tinkered my lineup in over 24 hours – amazing.

Benny, Emmers & the Sugar show (coming off a huge layoff, yay). I’m gonna stick w/JJ, but won’t surprise me a bit if Zhang dusts her. SOLDIER OF GOD – now or never big guy.

GL everyone

And good luck to you sir

• someclevername

lol Bagels comes through – shit

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler