MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, May 9th, 2020 – VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena – Jacksonville, FL

PPV Main Card – 9pm CT

Tony Ferguson (155) vs Justin Gaethje (155) – Interim LW Title Fight
    Henry Cejudo (c) (135) vs Dominick Cruz (135) – BW Title Fight
    Francis Ngannou (261.5) vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik (260)
    Jeremy Stephens (150.5)* vs Calvin Kattar (146)
    Greg Hardy (265.5) vs Yorgan De Castro (262)

ESPN/ESPN+ Prelims – 7pm CT

Donald Cerrone (171) vs Anthony Pettis (170.5)
    Aleksei Oleinik (227.5) vs Fabricio Werdum (243)
    Carla Esparza (115.5) vs Michelle Waterson (115)
    Vicente Luque (170) vs Niko Price (170.5)

ESPN/ESPN+ Early Prelims – 5:30pm CT

Bryce Mitchell (145.5) vs Charles Rosa (146)
    Ryan Spann (206) vs Sam Alvey (205)

*Stephens missed the FW limit by 4.5 pounds and will be fined 30% of his purse.

Hall/Souza OFF

• thevogaman

Rozenstruik actually lands a hard counter before he gets slept…. Ngannou is only going to lose if you wrestle him from now on… if thats even possible. Ngannou would be -160 favorite over Stipe if they made that fight (rematch).

• smonger19

Not official stats, but Ngannou’s last 4 fights have averaged 40 seconds

While he’s gotten 1st round KOs, his best score is 106.5. Tonight, he’ll get the 4th highest score tonight at best. He really needs to pace things out and go for the late 1st round KO for those of us invested in him. Why doesn’t he think about his fantasy owners?

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

Ngannou could be a huge scorer if any of his fights lasted over two minutes. After his two duds against Stipe and Lewis, he’s gone to another level.

I do agree with the narrative that he was overconfident going into the Stipe fight and Stipe showed him what’s what. The Lewis fight I agree he had lost confidence. I don’t know about you, but I think he has his confidence back lol. Sometimes losing can be a great win, he needed that ass kicking from Stipe to reach his final form. We’ll see what happens though.

• smonger19

At least Rozenstruik scored as much as Rosa…and he did it in 14:40 less time….although he probably hurts worse

• NewMike

I think he might end up like Faber, he can beat basically everyone but the top 1 or 2 guys. I would take Stipe again if(when) they fought again, because he has not ground game or TDD. Same if DC fought him, it would be similar to DC vs Rumble I think. But against everyone else, he destroys them. But if he lands that one shot….

• thevogaman

@NewMike said...

I think he might end up like Faber, he can beat basically everyone but the top 1 or 2 guys. I would take Stipe again if(when) they fought again, because he has not ground game or TDD. Same if DC fought him, it would be similar to DC vs Rumble I think. But against everyone else, he destroys them. But if he lands that one shot….

I think I may take DC, but Stipe better wrestle quick… or he’s getting slept quick in the rematch.

• yisman

this fight already much better than the Werdum or Hardy fights

• thevogaman

Joe Rogan talks about legkicks.

• someclevername

Really

• yisman

questionable stoppage there as round was ending

• ttucowboy84

Respect Cejuuuuuudo. Side note seemed like an odd stoppage but no complaints lol

• someclevername

@ttucowboy84 said...

Respect Cejuuuuuudo. Side note seemed like an odd stoppage but no complaints lol

F’ng Cejudo lol one day I’m going to pick against him and it’s going to work lol – c’mon Petr Yan, I need you, man!

• smonger19

I don’t agree with it, but I can see that stoppage being called.

• Dfspacman

Werdum ruined my parlay the only upset so far

• yisman

“I am the greatest combat sports athlete of all time. No one has my résumé.”

“I want to walk away, I want to enjoy myself. I want to start a family. I’m 33 years old and I’m retiring tonight.”

WTF

• skankinmat

Gunna retire in front of 10 people like that. Fun

• ttucowboy84

@someclevername said...

F’ng Cejudo lol one day I’m going to pick against him and it’s going to work lol – c’mon Petr Yan, I need you, man!

Well damn I guess he just retired lol wtf

• yisman

@someclevername said...

maybe not

dude just quit

• thevogaman

I think the retirement will be short lived.

• someclevername

Damnit, I’ve never been a Henry fan, but I have a lot of respect for the guy. Ref gives 5-10 more seconds and it is a clear Cejudo win or Dom fights it off and gets up. Idk, good win, I guess – begrudgingly lol.

Wtf, wait? He is retiring?

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

Let’s see what the betting odds are on this retirement lasting until the end of the year.

• yisman

@thevogaman said...

they’re suggesting that this may be a ploy to try and get paid more

• Kassdog

How many fights were left on his contract.

• smonger19

Now my only hope is Gaethje and I’m scared. Not that I’m scared that Gaethje could lose, I’m fine with that. But I’m scared that Ferguson will find out that I’m betting against him and come and kick my ass.

• someclevername

I just hope Tony wins. 2020 has been such a bitch, you really gonna snuff out my hope for Tony/Khabib too? Gaethje going to KO him, isn’t he

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler