MAIN FORUM

Comments

• someclevername

Saturday, June 6th, 2020 – UFC APEX – Las Vegas, NV

PPV Main Card – 9pm CT

Amanda Nunes (c) (145) vs Felicia Spencer (144.5) – Women’s Featherweight Title Fight
    Raphael Assuncao (136) vs Cody Garbrandt (136)
    Aljamain Sterling (136) vs Cory Sandhagen (135.5)
    Neil Magny (171) vs Anthony Rocco Martin (170.5)
    Eddie Wineland (136) vs Sean O’Malley (136)

ESPN/ESPN+ Prelims – 7pm CT

Alex Caceres (146) vs Chase Hooper (145.5)
    Ian Heinisch (185.5) vs Gerald Meerschaert (185.5)
    Cody Stamann (145.5) vs Brian Kelleher (146)
    Charles Byrd (184.5) vs Maki Pitolo (185.5)

ESPN/ESPN+ Early Prelims – 5pm CT

Jussier Formiga (126) vs Alex Perez (126)
    Alonzo Menifield (205) vs Devin Clark (205.5)
    Evan Dunham (149.5)* vs Herbert Burns (149.5)*

*Dunham/Burns at 150 pound catchweight

• hypegotti

considering MME for this slate. whats the best mma optimzer among the tout sites? RG, RW, DFSArmy, Fantasy Cruncher, AwesomeO etc??

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@hypegotti said...

considering MME for this slate. whats the best mma optimzer among the tout sites? RG, RW, DFSArmy, Fantasy Cruncher, AwesomeO etc??

They probably all have very similar projections. As far as user interface the Awesemo site uses Fantasy Cruncher. I have never used DFSArmy and wasnt impressed with rotowire the couple times I used it for WNBA showdown contests. That was a year or 2 ago so maybe they have made advancements. You can spend $40 for RG and have access to everything for a whole month. If you just want to use it one time for the UFC event you can spend like $3 for Fantasy Cruncher and build a max of 20 lineups or $8 and build hundreds of lineups. I’d rank them RG(1) and FC(2)

• rourke441

nunes superb striker spencer excellent grappler i love dogs

• rourke441

spencer took a beating vs. cyborg but she lasted to a decision

• NewMike

Cyborg destroyed Spencer for 3 rounds. Nunes is a better fighter, my main worry is that she will finish her in the 3rd and only score 90 points. I’m all over Nunes here, I just hope if we see a 3rd round we also see the 5th. (Sidenote: I’m always all over Nunes). Also, outside of Shevchenko, she always scores 100+ and wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if she scores 130+, since Spencer is so tough and could make it to the final bell.

Hooper will probably have more ownership that he should at this point, but if it gets to the ground, he could finish. I’m trying to think which fights will be really important to get right and it’s hard to narrow down the list.

• smonger19

Somewhat strange that Herbert Burns vs Evan Dunham hasn’t been added to the DK lineups yet as the match was finalized on Friday (unless I’m missing something). I’m guessing it will be Burns at $8,900 and Dunham at $7,300 because those salaries haven’t been used yet and DK hasn’t duplicated salaries in MMA.

• thevogaman

@smonger19 said...

Somewhat strange that Herbert Burns vs Evan Dunham hasn’t been added to the DK lineups yet as the match was finalized on Friday (unless I’m missing something). I’m guessing it will be Burns at $8,900 and Dunham at $7,300 because those salaries haven’t been used yet and DK hasn’t duplicated salaries in MMA.

Could be $9200 for the other Burns… he’s a bigger favorite than Menifield and same odds as Stamann.

• thevogaman

@NewMike said...

Hooper will probably have more ownership that he should at this point

It’s kind of tough not to play him… he should be diving for his ankles from jump and get a sub sooner than later against Bruce Leroy.

I think Byrd could be a sneaky pivot off Hooper (or play both).

Also, finding it very tough to fit Nunes and O’Malley in the same lineups.

• NewMike

Hooper has worse stand up than his dad and there’s a huge hype train around him, I don’t really like being on those unless the fighter doesn’t having a massive hole in their game like that. But, he’s being spoon fed the perfect opponent, so who knows. Bruce Leroy could catch him diving in and it’s over or more likely he gets the takedown and game over.

Those mid range fights are going to be super important here, not a lot of value with the low priced UDs. Sterling vs Sandhagen will be super important especially at those prices and should be a great fight regardless of who you pick. Thinking 70/30 Sandhagen with lots of exposure.

I have 1 entry for the milly maker and I think it’s a good spot to fade O’Malley, Wineland hasn’t been finished in a while and he is a tough old vet. I’m not fading him in other contests, but I’m not that confident he gets that first round finish and he will probably be 40% owned.

• thevogaman

FYI: Herbert in at $8900.

Edit: Almost forgot how much harder it is to make lineups when there aren’t free squares like Giga or Rodriguez last week. Kind of hoping for a favorite to pull out late.

• smonger19

@NewMike said...

Hooper has worse stand up than his dad

Thank you, this went over my head at first and I had to google “Chase Hooper father”. I had completely forgotten about this. And your analysis is spot on.

• smonger19

@thevogaman said...

FYI: Herbert in at $8900.

I win!! I win!! Do I get something for guessing his correct salary? Maybe an automatic 50 point bonus in all my contests? OK, I’ll settle for one DK crown.

• jayzee666

I won a $25 ticket to the Milly mma contest the other day. What a waste of a good ticket!! I wish they just have me $2.25 instead!!

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

UFC 250 odds

Amanda Nunes (-600) vs. Felicia Spencer (+450)
    Cody Garbrandt (-145) vs. Raphael Assuncao (+125)
    Aljamain Sterling (-115) vs. Cory Sandhagen (-105)
    Neil Magny (-145) vs. Anthony Rocco Martin (+125)
    Sean O’Malley (-440) vs. Eddie Wineland (+360)
    Chase Hooper (-150) vs. Alex Caceres (+130)
    Ian Heinisch (-125) vs. Gerald Meerschaert (+105)
    Cody Stamann (-275) vs. Brian Kelleher (+235)
    Charles Byrd (-170) vs. Maki Pitolo (+150)
    Alex Perez (-140) vs. Jussier Formiga (+120)
    Alonzo Menifield (-220) vs. Devin Clark (+190)
    Herbert Burns (-240) vs. Evan Dunham (+200)

• NewMike

Who is everybody fading? I’m going to have none of Spencer and Dunham, but will probably have 1 or more of everybody else, sprinkled in.

Assuncao is looking like the chalk play. Outside of Kelleher, I don’t really have any faith in the bigger dogs and I don’t really have that much faith in him. But, if I had to pick a fighter in the sub $7500 range it would be him.

Burns and Dunham are fighting at a catchweight, so Burns is cutting less weight than usual and Dunham is cutting more.

• thevogaman

@NewMike said...

Who is everybody fading?

I’m probably fading Caceres the most. I’ll probably up my exposure in the end to get like 5%, but his path to victory should involve him being on his bike a lot and not paying off his salary even in an upset win. I’m off Heinisch too.

• smonger19

UFC 250 nickname analysis

Amanda Nunes (The Lioness) vs Felicia Spencer (Feenom) – The Lioness is a very solid nickname, but worth $9,400? That’s questionable, but could be necessary for the win. Feenom is OK, but won’t beat an opponent with a better nickname.

Cody Garbrandt (No Love) vs. Raphael Assuncao (none) – No Love, no contest. I might think differently if Assuncao had at least attempted a nickname.

Aljamain Sterling (Funk Master) vs. Cory Sandhagen (none) – Funk Master all day. I don’t blame Sandhagen for not having a nickname, even if he would have went with something like “The Sandman”, he couldn’t beat the Funk Master.

Neil Magny (none) vs. Anthony Rocco Martin (none?) – the real controversy here is if we consider Rocco a nickname. It is listed as his name and not a nickname. Also, I have a friend with the nickname of Rokko who insists that anyone named Rocco is spelling it wrong. I’m thinking low point scoring Rocco decision here.

Sean O’Malley (Sugar) vs. Eddie Wineland (none) – Sugar is a decent nickname and since he’s going up against a no nickname fighter, he has huge advantage. The problem is fitting Sugar and The Lioness in the same lineup.

Chase Hooper (The Dream) vs. Alex Caceres (Bruce Leeroy) – The Dream is a decent nickname, somewhat reminiscent of “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes, but it is not enough to beat Bruce Leeroy from the Last Dragon. We’re needing to save a little nickname salary, so I’m going with Bruce Leeroy.

Ian Heinisch (The Hurricane) vs. Gerald Meerschaert (GM3) – another matchup of decent nicknames. I like The Hurricane a little better, but GM3, while being obvious, has a good ring to it. I’ll lean towards GM3 just because his salary is a little lower, but this is a tossup.

Cody Stamann (Spartan) vs. Brian Kelleher (Boom) – Spartan vs Boom….this is a tough one, but Spartan is too high priced for a matchup with a decent nickname. Spartan will win, but not make value/

Charles Byrd (Kid Dynamite) vs. Maki Pitolo (Coconut Bombz) – 99% of the time I’d disagree with stacking a fight, but this is the 1 in 100 time I would. Kid Dynamite is an extremely solid nickname and would beat almost every other fighter, but Coconut Bombz….I mean come on, Coconut Bombz…against any other fighter he would be priced over $9,000. Stack this fight as Coconut Bombz will score at least 200 with the win and Kid Dynamite will get over 100 despite losing.

Alex Perez (none) vs. Jussier Formiga (none) – no nickname vs no nickname = no points….draw with each fighter scoring in single digits

Alonzo Menifield (none) vs. Devin Clark (Brown Bear) – while Brown Bear is an average nickname, luckily he’s going against a fighter without on. I suppose it’s OK if you need to save some salary, but not optimal

Herbert Burns (The Blaze) vs. Evan Dunham (none)
    -admittedly because I’m a little slow, it took a few moments for me to realize why Burns was nicknamed The Blaze. It’s a decent nickname and should be an easy win against a no nickname fighter

Optimal nickname lineup:
    The Lioness – $9,400
    Kid Dynamite – $8,800
    The Hurricane – $8,400
    Funk Master – $8,200
    Bruce Leeroy – $7,700
    Coconut Bombz – $7,400

DISCLAIMER: In no way would I regularly enter this lineup, but I think I will in a $0.25 free ticket one just for fun.

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

UFC 250 nickname analysis

Just won’t find this kind of content anywhere else

• someclevername

@smonger19 said...

Also, I have a friend with the nickname of Rokko who insists that anyone named Rocco is spelling it wrong.

There can be only one

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@smonger19 said...

DISCLAIMER: In no way would I regularly enter this lineup, but I think I will in a $0.25 free ticket one just for fun.

Million dollar lineup!

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@NewMike said...

Who is everybody fading? I’m going to have none of Spencer and Dunham, but will probably have 1 or more of everybody else, sprinkled in.

Agreed. Dont see me playing any Wineland either at those odds

• geardaddy

I really don’t get all the positive hype spencer got for not just losing to cyborg but getting completely destroyed. Strange times

• NewMike

I’ve never really bought into picking fighters based on a losing performance, they almost never seem to work out. Especially if they’ve only fought in the UFC a few times or less. Nunes isn’t that bad on the ground either, I just can’t see her losing to anyone in the next couple of years, let alone a punching bag.

And now the biggest chalk on the card is GM3. His ownership should be double now.

• joephoto

Got 11- $25 tix saved up for this one. Been waiting a month for it.
    Looks like I’ll be starting all lineups with Nunes + Hooper.
    Then some O’Malley, Byrd, Perez, Meerschaert, Assuncao, Martin, and Clark.

• thevogaman

@NewMike said...

And now the biggest chalk on the card is GM3. His ownership should be double now.

Have to make sure its a free square, but it quacks like a free square pre-tape.

Edit: Still haven’t taped, but I don’t think we’ll see GM3 at like 70%+ ownership like Rodriguez was. Agree, though…. he probably went from like just under 20% to now a little under 40% owned.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler